Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #1
Hanover1

Zen: The ultimate excuse?

Yep, yet another one folks. As a few posters have pointed out, and with little response to bolster these opinions, I am curious.
How many of you have considered that this mare is, always has been, what we call a "race sound" mare? Most of you need no explaination here.....It seems quite the possibility to me.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:11 PM   #2
Fager Fan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanover1
Yep, yet another one folks. As a few posters have pointed out, and with little response to bolster these opinions, I am curious.
How many of you have considered that this mare is, always has been, what we call a "race sound" mare? Most of you need no explaination here.....It seems quite the possibility to me.
Race sound means sound enough to race. Yes, she seems sound enough to race.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:14 PM   #3
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fager Fan
Race sound means sound enough to race. Yes, she seems sound enough to race.
Race sound-alluding to the possibility (in her case) that she comes out of the races needing certain treatment(s), and once completed, becomes fit to race again. The larger percentage of horses running fall into the category...
Old 08-27-2010, 08:05 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Must be no good racing this weekend?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:09 PM   #5
Spalding No!

What exactly are we excusing Zenyatta from if we go ahead and assume Zenyatta is a "race sound" mare?

Especially since you also say that the majority of racehorses fall into this category?
Old 08-27-2010, 08:27 PM   #6
sonnyp

RA has gotten a little "crooked" in the stretch a few times this year. between the 2, i'd have to guess she might have a few aches or pains that would need attention more than Z.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:27 PM   #7
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spalding No!
What exactly are we excusing Zenyatta from if we go ahead and assume Zenyatta is a "race sound" mare?

Especially since you also say that the majority of racehorses fall into this category?
She already has plenty of help in that area......
Old 08-27-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
Hanover1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyp
RA has gotten a little "crooked" in the stretch a few times this year. between the 2, i'd have to guess she might have a few aches or pains that would need attention more than Z.
Its highly possible. On the harness side, Tetrick had the favorite warm up way gimpy in a 500k dash a few weeks back, and still managed the board, albiet beaten. Are there that many players that think the size of the purse determines soundness for the entrants?
Old 08-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #9
Spalding No!

Quote:
She already has plenty of help in that area......
But your theory is the "ultimate" excuse, right?

So again, what is it exactly that we are excusing? Zenyatta's recent narrow victories? Her uninspiring 2010 campaign? Her pedestrian speed figures?

Or is the point of this thread merely to see how many people chime claiming to know some hotwalking mole in the Shirreffs barn?
Old 08-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #10
Hanover1

Quote:
But your theory is the "ultimate" excuse, right?

So again, what is it exactly that we are excusing? Zenyatta's recent narrow victories? Her uninspiring 2010 campaign? Her pedestrian speed figures?

Or is the point of this thread merely to see how many people chime claiming to know some hotwalking mole in the Shirreffs barn?
Let me put in a frame you MIGHT possibly understand here. First off, I never said squat in regards to figures, wins, campaign, ect.....the post was not about that. This is your angle, and that of your ilk. I hope the mare is right as rain myself.....
Having said that, let me try again. Is it not possible (posting a plausible situation here...) that she is/has always been, a race sound mare? IMO it would explain many things. No conspiracy, or 3rd hand information, is included in this plausible question. If you want to knock the mare, I think its already been done tenfold already. Horses haver been known to walk it off before they even head to the gap in the mornings, and noone is the wiser. It does not change the nature of the beast......
Old 08-27-2010, 10:14 PM   #11
Spalding No!

Quote:
Let me put in a frame you MIGHT possibly understand here. First off, I never said squat in regards to figures, wins, campaign, ect.....the post was not about that. This is your angle, and that of your ilk. I hope the mare is right as rain myself.....
Having said that, let me try again. Is it not possible (posting a plausible situation here...) that she is/has always been, a race sound mare? IMO it would explain many things. No conspiracy, or 3rd hand information, is included in this plausible question. If you want to knock the mare, I think its already been done tenfold already. Horses haver been known to walk it off before they even head to the gap in the mornings, and noone is the wiser. It does not change the nature of the beast......
More vague fluff. I didn't make any comment "knocking" Zenyatta.

You on the other hand, claim to have identified the key "excuse" that "would explain many things" about the mare.

So for a final time, what "things" are being explained by her having soundness issues? Hasn't she won all her starts?
Old 08-27-2010, 10:30 PM   #12
Hanover1

Quote:
More vague fluff. I didn't make any comment "knocking" Zenyatta.

You on the other hand, claim to have identified the key "excuse" that "would explain many things" about the mare.

So for a final time, what "things" are being explained by her having soundness issues? Hasn't she won all her starts?
Lets see here...."pedestrian speed figures" "uninspiring 2010" "narrow victories" And these are not comments knocking the mare? Dude......
Where did I post that I have identified the key excuse for any of these glowing descriptions of her? Seems that despite how you see the mare, she, yes, has won them all, and I find it funny that such a slow horse, who barely gets up, against the uninspired horses she faces, is undefeated.
I'm sorry you cannot stay focused on the horsemanship aspect of the post. Best stick to chasing the 33% win rates. Understanding that choosing spots carefully instead of appeasing the masses has its reasons. Many of wich you possibly cannot understand. So in that regard, I must apologize, as the question seems to have alluded you.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:41 PM   #13
Spalding No!

Quote:
Lets see here...."pedestrian speed figures" "uninspiring 2010" "narrow victories" And these are not comments knocking the mare? Dude......
Yes, those were all my best guesses as to what you were excusing by saying that Zenyatta was a sore horse. Doesn't mean I necessarily subscribe to them.

Quote:
Where did I post that I have identified the key excuse for any of these glowing descriptions of her?
Isn't the title of this thread "The Ultimate Excuse"?

Quote:
Seems that despite how you see the mare, she, yes, has won them all, and I find it funny that such a slow horse, who barely gets up, against the uninspired horses she faces, is undefeated.
Don't forget to mention how unsound she is. Another mythologized attribute that makes her record even more amazing.

Quote:
I'm sorry you cannot stay focused on the horsemanship aspect of the post.
What is so horse savvy about using the phrase "racing sound"? You offered no certifiable proof or observable characteristics that lends any validity to your hair-brained theory that Zenyatta is crippled.

Tossing around jackass racing lingo doesn't make you a horseman.

Quote:
Best stick to chasing the 33% win rates. Understanding that choosing spots carefully instead of appeasing the masses has its reasons.
Finally. You admit that you're simply making an excuse (an unsubstantiated one at that) for Zenyatta not running in more important races.

Was that so hard?

Quote:
Many of wich you possibly cannot understand. So in that regard, I must apologize, as the question seems to have alluded you.
Lip chain. Lazy flapper. Corded up.

Aren't I a horseman, too, now?

Last edited by Spalding No!; 08-27-2010 at 10:43 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:51 PM   #14
Hanover1

Quote:
Yes, those were all my best guesses as to what you were excusing by saying that Zenyatta was a sore horse. Doesn't mean I necessarily subscribe to them.

Isn't the title of this thread "The Ultimate Excuse"?

Don't forget to mention how unsound she is. Another mythologized attribute that makes her record even more amazing.

What is so horse savvy about using the phrase "racing sound"? You offered no certifiable proof or observable characteristics that lends any validity to your hair-brained theory that Zenyatta is crippled.

Tossing around jackass racing lingo doesn't make you a horseman.

Finally. You admit that you're simply making an excuse (an unsubstantiated one at that) for Zenyatta not running in more important races.

Was that so hard?

Lip chain. Lazy flapper. Corded up.

Aren't I a horseman, too, now?
Next time you get up to Goshen NY, stop by the Hall of Fame of the Trotter and Pacer. I am a second generation entrant as voted on by my peers. You still have a ways to go my friend......
Old 08-27-2010, 11:01 PM   #15
Spalding No!

Quote:
Next time you get up to Goshen NY, stop by the Hall of Fame of the Trotter and Pacer. I am a second generation entrant as voted on by my peers. You still have a ways to go my friend......
Not sure if you'd be a second generation entrant or not, but I for one would vote for you for the Hall Of Fame of Ducking and Diving...
Closed Thread