Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 12-05-2009, 01:40 AM   #286
cmoore

This is a quote from Andys Chat session last night..

9:02
[Comment From John John : ]
I bet your wishing you didn't change your picks today in the 5th and 9th race..You took two winners off the board Friday December 4, 2009 9:02 John
9:03
Andy Serling:
I didn't change them. I send in two sets of picks for turf races, turf and dirt, and the great Webmaster mistakenly put up my turf selections.

I just wish I liked those horses on the dirt too ( though I certainly thought the 5th winner had a good shot...especially when the 6 was rated ).

That chat session is up and can be seen by all at the NYRA website..
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2009, 04:04 AM   #287
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmoore
You two are a couple of clowns..I see that you have your heads all the way up his ASS again. There's no reason for this contest to continue if the rules are changed in the middle of the contest. So if his picks aren't changed according to your post above..Then this contest is FINAL!!!
Who's ass is my head up now?

You ask me to CHANGE THE RULES and allow you to make picks on days when there are no picks made by Andy (he was out sick) and I SAY YES TO YOU.

You ask me to CHANGE THE RULES and allow you to make picks AFTER Andy's picks have gone up on the website, and I SAY YES TO YOU.

Finally, you DEMAND:

Quote:
It looks like turf racing is done for the year at Aqueduct. So what picks are listed at 11:30 am at NYRA is final..I don't care if the website guy comes in with a hangover and post Andys picks backwards..Did you hear me PACE???? FINAL!!!!!!
I SAY YES TO YOU (once again) and accept the picks that were listed for Andy at 11:30am on the NYRA website Friday, thereby CHANGING THE RULES again....FOR YOU....and you again accuse me of having my head up Andy's ass?

Looks to me like I have my head up YOUR ASS cmoore...I'm always changing the rules FOR YOU....oh no....but now that I have CHANGED THE RULES for you again, you don't like the outcome because Andy hits a $40+ winner and only further increases his lead over you in this contest.

So now you're going to cry and take your ball elsewhere...what exactly do you want me to do cmoore? I've done everything asked of me, only to get the following private message in my mailbox:

Quote:
Hey Dipshit: Your a ****ing asshole along with your sidekick CJ..The contest is officially over..You can stick this website up your ass. *******.com here I come.
I bend over backwards for CMOORE, changing the rules of this contest every time he cries to momma, and this is the thanks I get?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-05-2009 at 06:06 AM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2009, 04:39 AM   #288
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

P.S. --

It's apparent the less-than-inspiring selections cmoore has continually posted throughout this contest has caused his sense of humor to completely disappear. If cmoore or anyone else actually thought for one second that I was going to count the $42.60 winner (not to mention the $9.40 winner as well) that was mistakenly posted for Andy on the NYRA site Friday, then they haven't been following this thread very closely.

I put up the score in reply #284 AS AN OBVIOUS JOKE just to see cmoore's reaction (and if anyone deserved a good kick in the ass, it's cmoore for his whining and his name calling lately).

In case anyone is coming into this thread late and missed the back story, cmoore complained a few replies back that I was counting Andy's picks as they appeared at the end of the day, when, according to him, I should be counting them as they appeared at the beginning of the day. There has been an instance here or there where the NYRA website initially displayed Andy's turf picks for off-the-turf races. Andy submits two sets of picks for turf races, and sometimes mistakes are made where the wrong picks are displayed at first, but they are usually quickly corrected before the race in question is run.

Well, it just so happens that cmoore went on a bit of a rant Thursday when this happened again, and he demanded that I only count whatever appears on the NYRA site in the morning, when Andy's picks first go up around 11:30am.

Lo and behold, the next day (Friday), the NYRA site is initially displaying Andy's turf picks for races 5 and 9...but alas, these races have been taken off the turf. These picks are later changed to the correct off-the-turf picks, but, had I agreed with cmoore and taken Andy's picks as they were listed at around 11:30am, Andy would have been credited with a $9.40 and a $42.60 winner. Poor Andy's turf picks won both of these off-the-turf events. Serling's dirt picks, the picks that I was actually going to COUNT once this little practical joke on cmoore was over, did not fare as well...both lost.

Though we may have indeed ended this contest prematurely, and from the looks of things, lost cmoore as a contributor to this website, what we have gained in terms of the most ironic confluence of hysterical events ever to take place here...a perfect Internet moment if you will (to borrow a phrase)...it is truly priceless by comparison.
Old 12-05-2009, 05:45 AM   #289
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

P.P.S. -

Here is the actual score as it now stands:

Day 40 Results:

TLG | 1 for 9 | $2.60 | -$15.40
1) Fourth
2) Third
3) First $2.60 - Cold Ex 5.70 Cold Tri 9.50
4) Second
5) Fifth
6) Eighth
7) Third
8) Fourth
9) Fifth
TLG Totals | 86 for 348 | 25% | $696 Bet | $569.40 Return | -$126.60 Profit | -18% ROI

--------------------------------------

CMOORE | 3 for 9 | $22.60 | +$4.60
1) Fifth
2) Fifth
3) First $2.60
4) First $10.60 Ex(1st,3rd) 24.80 - Dbl 22.60
5) First $9.40 Dbl 50 - Pick3 117.50
6) Sixth
7) Fifth
8) Third
9) Eighth
CMOORE Totals | 69 for 361 | 19% | $722 Bet | $569.30 Return | -$152.70 Profit | -21% ROI

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-05-2009 at 05:46 AM.
Old 12-05-2009, 12:01 PM   #290
Light
Veteran

Now batting for cmoore...Light

Hey PA.

If cmoore doesn't want to finish the contest,I'm willing to take over for cmoore as the score stands now.As I said before,I only play the NYRA inner dirt at Aqu. Can't do it today obviously but am willing to pinch hit if cmoore bows out starting tomorrow.
Light is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2009, 12:30 PM   #291
KingChas
2 outta 3 aint bad

No picks?
Guess it's over.
CMoore's big mistake was;
" He never factored in the 'PA.com Bias' in his handicapping."
KingChas is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2009, 01:17 PM   #292
the_fat_man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingChas
No picks?
Guess it's over.
CMoore's big mistake was;
Uh Huh

It's not enough that the dude is competing, he also needs to be ABUSED by PA and CJ. Clearly, Serling is a better handicapper but he spends 80 hours a week doing this shit, it's his ONLY track, and he has a ton of support. As such, this is an ABYSMAL performance by Serling to this point. (This was mitigated a bit by that longshot yesterday.) YET, PA and CJ chose not to focus on how POORLY Serling is doing but how inferior Moore is to him. This is TYPICAL SPIN for this forum. This type of tactic didn't work for anyone with a CLUE in the Beyer discussions (concering Z) and it's certainly not working now.

Shame on those responsible for the BULLY tactics. Way to enccourge others to feel the need to offer anything remotely of substance on this forum.
the_fat_man is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2009, 01:46 PM   #293
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_fat_man
Shame on those responsible for the BULLY tactics. Way to enccourge others to feel the need to offer anything remotely of substance on this forum.
Surely you jest. If there was any bullying of any substance happening in this thread, it was cmoore's multiple demands to change the rules of the contest, which I always tried to accomodate (within reason).

Then, when his whining finally bit him in the ass (not to mention his missing sense of humor), he bails.

How exactly was cmoore bullied, Mr. Fat Man?

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 12-05-2009 at 01:56 PM.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:47 PM   #294
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
I'm curious how this factor manifested itself. Please provide details.

I've already detailed the times where I bent over backwards (read that to mean CHANGE THE RULES) for cmoore.
Old 12-05-2009, 01:49 PM   #295
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Light
Now batting for cmoore...Light

Hey PA.

If cmoore doesn't want to finish the contest,I'm willing to take over for cmoore as the score stands now.As I said before,I only play the NYRA inner dirt at Aqu. Can't do it today obviously but am willing to pinch hit if cmoore bows out starting tomorrow.
So you want to change my 500 race challenge into a 139 race challenge? Doesn't seem right to me...allow me to think about it for an hour or two....
Old 12-05-2009, 01:58 PM   #296
KingChas
2 outta 3 aint bad

The good,the bad and the ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I'm curious how this factor manifested itself. Please provide details.
The good;
Novel contest pro/am loved the idea.

The bad;
Your rules are always sketchy in contests here.
All grievences should have been handled in house.

The ugly;
When it turned into a tag team...TLG/PA/CJ vs. CMoore.

PS; I respect both gentlemen (TLG & CMOORE),no betting interest here.
KingChas is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2009, 02:06 PM   #297
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
The bad;
Your rules are always sketchy in contests here.
All grievences should have been handled in house.
Not sure how the rules couldn't have been more simple or clear. Andy's posted picks on the NYRA site vs. Cmoore's picks, posted here BEFORE scratches are released. Those were my original rules, before cmoore made his first of multiple changes to the rules.

Quote:
The ugly;
When it turned into a tag team...TLG/PA/CJ vs. CMoore.
cmoore got what he gave, both in this thread and elsewhere where it concered TLG.
Old 12-05-2009, 02:28 PM   #298
ezrabrooks
Veteran

Maybe cmoore just took the day off...we know that is within 'the rules'
ezrabrooks is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2009, 02:47 PM   #299
tucker6

Maybe you've been too close to this contest PA, but I've followed this from the beginning, and at times it has been a gang up on Moore as previously stated. To the average Joe, the back and forth commentary could easily have swayed someone to see this as a slanted contest, even though I believe you tried to be fair.

In the end, all this contest showed is that handicapping all the races on a card rather than picking your spots is the road to ruin. Maybe next time, your contest will pick a track, and each contestant must pick a minimum of one race per day and/or ten per week. Contest is ten weeks. That way, it will feel like real handicapping.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #300
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezrabrooks
Maybe cmoore just took the day off...we know that is within 'the rules'
Seriously? Is TLG supposed to not take days off from his job to participate in a contest with which he had nothing to do with entering?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply