Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Advance Deposit Wagering (ADW)

Old 01-21-2019, 07:52 AM   #1
Gorrex

AmWager Plus Beta

We have been working on a second UI for a while now and while its not entirely done we would like to get some feedback from players to make sure we are on the right track. It was designed from scratch to work well on mobile, desktop and tablet devices alike.

This is NOT intended to replace the current UI and we intend to support and advance both going forward. It is instead meant to compliment the current UI as we understand different customer segments have different needs.

Consider this an open beta. (I.E. not done and still rough around the edges). So please forgive the dust.. We will continue doing releases as soon as we have any significant progress and intend for it to be feature comparable to the main UI later this summer.

Please give us as much feedback as possible both positive and negative so that we can adjust course and create the best product possible.

https://plus.amwager.com

Known issues:

1. Video is slower than our normal UI. (Same as any mobile product currently) This is will be fixed soon as RCN is releasing a new streaming product this month/next.

2. UI sometimes distorts.. either refresh or going back to wager view will fix it.

Thank you and look forward to seeing what you think.

Jason Martin
IT Director
AmWest Entertainment - AmWager

Last edited by Gorrex; 01-21-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Gorrex is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2019, 02:53 PM   #2
pandy

It looks pretty good.

Do you mind if I ask you a question? If I want to key a horse in exactas, trifectas, or any bet, can I set a minium odds so that the bets will only go through if the odds are the same or higher? I've tried but it's confusing.
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2019, 05:41 PM   #3
Gorrex

Conditions are not in the new UI yet. (They will be though)

If you mean the main UI I'll create a walkthrough for that tomorrow and link here.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 01-21-2019, 07:16 PM   #4
pandy

Thanks
pandy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2019, 09:04 PM   #5
sharkey11

heres an idea since most of the handle comes in from adws ect.how about posting pools at the adw just as a comparson to the host track it would give players a better idea of final odds thanks very much
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-21-2019, 09:32 PM   #6
agameofskill

They are co-mingled pools
Old 01-21-2019, 09:45 PM   #7
Gorrex

The odds and pools on any legal ADW are exactly the same as on track. Ours update quite a bit faster than other adws or the video but it is the same just delayed updates on others.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 01-21-2019, 11:27 PM   #8
Ted Craven

I can attest that Amwager's pool data updates significantly faster and more frequently than TwinSpires, Xpressbet and HPI. North American and International tracks. Watching Hong Kong (and half a dozen NA tracks in my comparisons), they push fresh data to your browser often every 10 seconds or less, usually with fresh numbers.

I don't know how they do it and others don't ...

If RTN's update can shave a few seconds latency off real-time, that will be exciting!

Ted

Ted Craven is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2019, 09:48 AM   #9
sharkey11

then why i ask do the odds and money change so much while the horses are 25 - 50 yards out of the gate unless the money isnt being held somewhere like oregon mabey . heck i even seen odds flashes when the horses are at top of strech . now please tell me that the tote system has changed since the early 90s lol thanks anyway. by the way gorrex if we are using the tracks pool numbers and bets come in to an adw then shouldnt we be able to see that before they are sent to the track thats my question sir and thank you .

Last edited by sharkey11; 01-22-2019 at 09:55 AM.
sharkey11 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2019, 10:04 AM   #10
Gorrex

Odds changes after post are entirely due to the way tote systems communicate to each other and how often.

Some tote systems today update extremely quickly, however there are MANY out there that are not updated and as with anything the worst drags down the rest. (Worst generally being 60 seconds+)

It should be feasible to get final merge of odds from all systems in 2-3 seconds max if using modern systems but we are far from that.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 01-22-2019, 11:11 AM   #11
hyipro

question

Any way to tie in your tote board data to excel tote programs ? if so I would
make a change in a heart beat.
hyipro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2019, 01:09 PM   #12
Gorrex

Hyipro, we do not currently but it's possible we can create one.

Pandy, sorry but I may not get to the walk through for conditions today. Other things are taking much longer than anticipated.

Jason

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 01-23-2019, 08:56 AM   #13
sjk

I would second the request for a plain format exacta grid that can be copied to an excel spreadsheet. Imperative for my way of doing things. Currently using the other accounts for this and giving them some action in return.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-24-2019, 08:39 AM   #14
Gorrex

My apologies for being so late.. here is the link to the conditional wagering walk-through:

https://www.amwager.com/wiki/doku.ph...ional_wagering

On the excel sheets, we will create a Visual Basic (excel) library you can use in the future. I cannot guarantee actual timing as all of our development resources are tied up currently. Possibly late spring early summer. There will be other updates between now and then that I think most players will like.

Jason Martin
IT Director
Old 01-24-2019, 05:26 PM   #15
sjk

All we want is a simple flat version of the exacta grid that you see on screens everywhere. Some of us might not hang around that long.
sjk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: