Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-11-2009, 05:25 PM   #1
joelouis
Veteran

Investigate the stewards at Aqueduct

Maybe if someone would investigate the stewards at aqueduct and find out why they did not take down the horse in the 9th race today this would stop. This is why I stopped gambling because they pull this crap, not just at aqueduct but all the tracks. Nobody is forcing any of you to bet so I guess this is why nothing gets done, nobody cares enough. I feel sorry for the guy who bets.
joelouis is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2009, 05:47 PM   #2
Shemp Howard
Refugee from Bowie

Who did you want taken down? Looked to me like the horse on the lead in the stretched got bumped.
Shemp Howard is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #3
joelouis
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shemp Howard
Who did you want taken down? Looked to me like the horse on the lead in the stretched got bumped.
The horse on the lead came over and clearly bumped the #5 horse, if you saw it different you need glasses.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
2low

Order of finish was not affected in my judgement. they need to err on the side of not making changes in my opinion. I agree with the stewards in this case.

I wish they would let the order stand for betting purposes no matter what. It all evens out in the end. If they need to rearrange purse money, fine, but let the order they crossed the line be the order of finish for betting payouts.

Last edited by 2low; 01-11-2009 at 06:08 PM.
2low is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

I agree they should always let them stand for betting purposes, but the outside horse held his path and was slammed into, obviously costing the horse at least some chance.

The chart makers comments are comical.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2009, 06:23 PM   #6
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2low
Order of finish was not affected in my judgement. they need to err on the side of not making changes in my opinion. I agree with the stewards in this case.

I wish they would let the order stand for betting purposes no matter what. It all evens out in the end. If they need to rearrange purse money, fine, but let the order they crossed the line be the order of finish for betting payouts.
The owner still has the right to go to the racing commission after the race is official and ask for a hearing from the state stewards, I dont think they will overturn this particular race but many have been successful in having their cases heard.
onefast99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2009, 06:24 PM   #7
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by onefast99
The owner still has the right to go to the racing commission after the race is official and ask for a hearing from the state stewards, I dont think they will overturn this particular race but many have been successful in having their cases heard.
Just another way the bettors get screwed...no recourse.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:31 PM   #8
2low

Quote:
So if the hearing is successful, they would change the purse settlement, but obviously not the wagering payouts, correct?

Just another reason to leave the wagering finishing order alone assuming this is the case.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:35 PM   #9
ClockerQ
Journeyman

I know you're just looking at what honor evening was doing, joelouis, but indymine bore in at the same time h.e bore out. incidential contact, neither horse broke stride, both riders persevered to the wire. good no call by the stewards.

what concerns me more were the other comments on this thread. let the result stand no matter what. are you kidding? that is such an unrealistic proposal that it doesn't merit a response. it just shows a lack of knowledge about how the track works. i can understand joelouis and other backers of indymine wanting a dq, but letting a thoroughbred horse race become something like roller derby is just plain crazy.
ClockerQ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2009, 06:41 PM   #10
2low

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockerQ
I know you're just looking at what honor evening was doing, joelouis, but indymine bore in at the same time h.e bore out. incidential contact, neither horse broke stride, both riders persevered to the wire. good no call by the stewards.

what concerns me more were the other comments on this thread. let the result stand no matter what. are you kidding? that is such an unrealistic proposal that it doesn't merit a response. it just shows a lack of knowledge about how the track works. i can understand joelouis and other backers of indymine wanting a dq, but letting a thoroughbred horse race become something like roller derby is just plain crazy.
why would it become roller derby when there would still be suspensions and purse reallocations for infractions? Methinks you are failing to separate wagering from purse settlement.
Old 01-11-2009, 06:45 PM   #11
BIG HIT

Guys

If they let position stand and don't take anyone down your asking for trouble.Some crook gets paid to do what ever to get in money finish no matter what.And they make a bet on him so they all collect any way.Granted they are not perfect but could be much worse if they did what you guys suggest it end up like roller derby.In all sports we don't like the call's sme time but that part of all sports.Think about it how many football cards.hockey or baseball game have you lost for simalar reason
BIG HIT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2009, 07:03 PM   #12
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG HIT
If they let position stand and don't take anyone down your asking for trouble.Some crook gets paid to do what ever to get in money finish no matter what.And they make a bet on him so they all collect any way.Granted they are not perfect but could be much worse if they did what you guys suggest it end up like roller derby.In all sports we don't like the call's sme time but that part of all sports.Think about it how many football cards.hockey or baseball game have you lost for simalar reason
Wouldn't that depend on the size of the fines those involved have to pay?
Old 01-11-2009, 07:32 PM   #13
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Just another way the bettors get screwed...no recourse.
Both horses were roughly 7-1 so an even amount of money was bet on each one(so the conspiracy theory isnt applicable here))there is always going to be someone who had the winner and would of been pissed off if they took him down and there will always be someone who had the horse that was supposedly bumped and wanted the stewards to move him up. The no change in order of finish was a correct call. It is simply called race riding.
Old 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #14
joelouis
Veteran

Quote:
Both horses were roughly 7-1 so an even amount of money was bet on each one(so the conspiracy theory isnt applicable here))there is always going to be someone who had the winner and would of been pissed off if they took him down and there will always be someone who had the horse that was supposedly bumped and wanted the stewards to move him up. The no change in order of finish was a correct call. It is simply called race riding.
BS Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Old 01-11-2009, 07:37 PM   #15
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj
Wouldn't that depend on the size of the fines those involved have to pay?
We have seen horrendous calls in the NFL all season even yesterdays Tennessee game where the play clock ran down and the ravens made a great play didnt get reviewed. At least in horse racing there is a review by the stewards whether by an inquiry or an objection. Not one sport can get it right all the time. But in the case of this race which is what the thread is about the correct call by the stewards was made.