Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #1
joelouis
Veteran

Aqueduct 9th race stewards suck

I was just watching the replay of the 9th race and it clearly showed #6 bumping the #5 horse and the steward did not allow any disqualification. This is why I quit gambling because of the cheating. For the rest of you that still gamble, how can anyone justify the cheating that goes on at these tracks. Nobody does anyting about it, they should fire the stewards at aqueduct or have an investigation. People should protest and not attend any races, then maybe they would do something.
joelouis is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2009, 04:50 PM   #2
RunForTheRoses

Believe me it is BS...it is so hard to win with miracle trainers, new sew surfaces,etc, ad nauseum...to finally catch something and the...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=53930
RunForTheRoses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2009, 05:55 PM   #3
ENT222

I understand where one would be upset about the 6 not being taken down. However in my opinion I believe the reason he was not taken down was the fact the 5 did not lose stride,mistep etc. When I saw the head-on I thought it was clear cut and the 6 was coming down. Also I didn't think the 5 was going to get by the 6 in the end. But who knows what the real reason was.
ENT222 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2009, 06:25 PM   #4
onefast99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENT222
I understand where one would be upset about the 6 not being taken down. However in my opinion I believe the reason he was not taken down was the fact the 5 did not lose stride,mistep etc. When I saw the head-on I thought it was clear cut and the 6 was coming down. Also I didn't think the 5 was going to get by the 6 in the end. But who knows what the real reason was.
Thats probably the logic the stewards used.
onefast99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2009, 09:20 AM   #5
Richie

I disagree, I did not bet, however, that 5 was in full stride and ready to go by, bullcrap call
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2009, 02:52 PM   #6
ClockerQ
Journeyman

why did posts from yesterday get deleted?
ClockerQ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #7
supercap
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClockerQ
I dont think PA was enamored with your reply! just a guess
supercap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
cmoore

Quote:
Paceadvantage...Feel free to answer that question at any time..
cmoore is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #9
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Posts get deleted because they aren't appropriate in some way.

And how many threads do we need on this topic? Apparently, more than posts need to be deleted. A couple of threads should bite the dust as well. Thanks for reminding me.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 PM   #10
ClockerQ
Journeyman

they weren't deleted, my posts weren't inappropiate, its just that multiple threads were started on this one topic. bad form.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:32 PM   #11
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

No wonder I couldn't recall deleting any of your posts, which is why I gave a generic answer. Just when I thought things couldn't get any stranger...
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2009, 07:20 PM   #12
ClockerQ
Journeyman

It seems that if someone starts a thread and someone disagrees with them, then they start a new thread on the same subject so they can all have a buddy fest and live happily ever after .
Like I said before,,thats bad message board form. Strange, maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard a comment disagreeing on my assertion that the outside horse bore in too, and that both horses never broke stride and both jockeys persevered to the wire.

For the people who want results to stand for the betting public no matter what happens on the track , I want to hear what u say about that when your boxcar odds horse gets mugged and cheated out of the win. And thats the whole point for dq's. To be fair to the public. We all may not all agree with all the decisions, but its a good fair system.
Old 01-13-2009, 07:26 PM   #13
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
It seems that if someone starts a thread and someone disagrees with them, then they start a new thread on the same subject so they can all have a buddy fest and live happily ever after .
Like I said before,,thats bad message board form. Strange, maybe I missed it, but I haven't heard a comment disagreeing on my assertion that the outside horse bore in too, and that both horses never broke stride and both jockeys persevered to the wire.

For the people who want results to stand for the betting public no matter what happens on the track , I want to hear what u say about that when your boxcar odds horse gets mugged and cheated out of the win. And thats the whole point for dq's. To be fair to the public. We all may not all agree with all the decisions, but its a good fair system.
I think it was more a case of the outside horse's jockey refusing to be pushed around, so he held his ground. If the the jockeys were reversed, I have no doubt an inquiry and most likely a DQ would have followed.

As for the no DQs for betting, at least it would be consistent. The "fixed race" argument is pretty laughable. I think it would be incredibly easy to detect a jockey that was trying to cash a ticket by fouling another horse. There isn't that much money in the game that you could pay him enough for it to be worth the risk.

How much do you think people could afford to pay a jockey to win at all costs, knowing said jockey is going to face fines, suspensions, and probable loss of business?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2009, 07:39 PM   #14
ENT222

after thinking about this today, randomly, if the jockey would have pulled up I think there would have been a better chance of a DQ opposed to continuing to ride the his horse. I am trying to be as unbiased as possible, yes I did have the 6 to hit but I honestly thought he was coming down and didn't expect to cash. When is Tom Durkin going to be back?
ENT222 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-13-2009, 08:00 PM   #15
2low

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj

As for the no DQs for betting, at least it would be consistent. The "fixed race" argument is pretty laughable. I think it would be incredibly easy to detect a jockey that was trying to cash a ticket by fouling another horse. There isn't that much money in the game that you could pay him enough for it to be worth the risk.

How much do you think people could afford to pay a jockey to win at all costs, knowing said jockey is going to face fines, suspensions, and probable loss of business?
This is exactly my thinking on this topic. Ultimate consistency is not tampering with the results at all.

Last edited by 2low; 01-13-2009 at 08:02 PM.
2low is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: