Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 05-07-2021, 07:22 AM   #2626
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Carl Icahn announced today that he sold the remaining 5 million shares of Herbalife that he had since 2013.. he made $1.3 billion on his trade..

in my opinion, this guy's not selling his position that he has held for the past 8 years because he thinks the stock is going up in price.

at some point, this will be a great short now!

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/05/06/carl...o-sources.html
Maybe now Bill Ackman's Billion dollar short against Herbalife will finally pay off. Icahn schooled Ack pretty viciously.
Old 05-07-2021, 08:05 AM   #2627
lamboguy

although Icahn has shorted at times during his career, the bulk of the money he has made was going long an equity and getting on the board's of those company's and increased share holder value on those company's. i have been paying attention to him since the TWA days. the man hardly ever misses.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2021, 12:33 PM   #2628
myohmyjustify

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Maybe now Bill Ackman's Billion dollar short against Herbalife will finally pay off. Icahn schooled Ack pretty viciously.
I could be mistaken but I do believe Bill Ackman covered his short position on Hetbalife a while back. He took a beating.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-07-2021, 04:03 PM   #2629
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by myohmyjustify View Post
I could be mistaken but I do believe Bill Ackman covered his short position on Hetbalife a while back. He took a beating.
I was being facetious. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 05-07-2021, 09:14 PM   #2630
myohmyjustify

Quote:
I was being facetious. Sorry for the confusion.

I confuse easily especially when the subject are these "expert" hedged fund gurus like Bill Ackman and David Einhorn, who lose clients money by the millions all too often.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2021, 09:33 AM   #2631
Tape Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
Bot: .TSLA210514p600 at 7.95.
Sold: 20.80.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-11-2021, 10:12 AM   #2632
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Sold: 20.80.
Great call, well you know what I mean.
Old 05-11-2021, 11:37 AM   #2633
Tape Reader

Quote:
Great call, well you know what I mean.
Thank you. I did not get it (call) at first.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:23 PM   #2634
lamboguy

In what's being widely described as a shock loss after this weekend's historic election to determine who will draft the country's new constitution, traditional parties including President Sebastián Piñera’s ruling center-right coalition Chile Vamos got clobbered, seeing their parliamentary seats and influence greatly diminish in favor of both independent, hard-left and radical candidates Sunday night.

With over 90% of the votes counted by Monday afternoon, Pinera’s coalition won a mere one-fifth of the constitutional assembly's 155 seats (at 37 seats), while traditional center-left parties picked up only 25 seats, leaving the lion's share to "radical blocs" that include communists and independent leftists that are bent on implementing sweeping changes to Chile's constitution which dates back to Gen. Pinochet's military rule. Radical re-drafting of the constitution was a central demand of the 2019 protests triggered by high living costs and rampant inequality (which famously, it should be remembered, was initially sparked by a $0.04 metro fare price hike given long boiling anger among the working class).

this could have major implications on MUX copper project in Argentina
Old 05-18-2021, 08:41 PM   #2635
lamboguy

the dollar fell through 90 today and is at its lowest point in a year... it looks lower to me, support at 88 but nothing below that until you hit 79...

a weaker dollar may be keeping the stock market going., but there is going to come a time when it won't.
Old 05-19-2021, 06:11 AM   #2636
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
the dollar fell through 90 today and is at its lowest point in a year... it looks lower to me, support at 88 but nothing below that until you hit 79...

a weaker dollar may be keeping the stock market going., but there is going to come a time when it won't.
Commodities should continue to be strong until the dollar gets back on its feet. Government handouts working in reverse. My neighbor got a quote late, last summer for a building contractor to build a roof over his deck patio area. The contractor added an extra $7K to his original estimate for materials premium.
Old 05-20-2021, 02:09 AM   #2637
lamboguy

Bullish case for Gold from McClellan

Home Links Editorials
Chart In Focus
GLD Assets Still Lagging Gold’s Rise
McClellan Financial Publications, Inc
Posted May 19, 2021

May 14, 2021

GLD and IAU are the two largest of the gold bullion exchange traded funds (ETFs). Not surprisingly, investors like to push money into them and pull money out as gold prices rise and fall. The real fun comes when investors don’t follow that model.

Gold prices are back up to above $1800/oz, after bottoming below $1700. But the total combined assets invested into GLD and IAU has barely budged from the recent lows. That is actually a bullish development for gold prices, because it means that “the crowd” has not yet gotten in on the rebound in gold prices. They are not yet believing in it.

That is the important point of this week’s chart. The investors who move into and out of these ETFs are still not waking up to the reality of gold’s recent rise. They should be piling in to chase the gold rally, and they are still hanging back.

What that means is that the rise in gold prices has not reached the consciousness of the public, not yet anyway. And that implies there is more yet to come for the gold price rally. Once we reach the point that these two ETNs’ assets are rising rapidly along with gold prices, we can say that “the crowd” is finally starting to join in. And if we were to see the situation of gold prices leveling off but the assets in GLD and IAU are still continuing to rise, that will be the sign that the uptrend has gone on too long and a reversal is coming.

That is not what we have now, which means that the uptrend is not mature yet. It still has more to go, before we get to the point when everyone starts piling in even though gold prices have stopped going up. We are not there yet.

Related Charts

Aug 31, 2017

GLD Assets
Spike Higher

May 06, 2021

Gold’s 13-1/2 Month Cycle In Up Phase

Sep 24, 2020

Gold and Small Caps, A Broken Relationship

###
Old 05-20-2021, 02:19 AM   #2638
lamboguy

in any market, I have always noticed that it can take 3 tries to go above a top and the same 3 tries to break bottoms.

if gold gets to $2000 per ounce on this run, that will be the 3rd time it's gotten there.

as far as silver goes, the first top came in 1982, the 2nd one hit the same $50 per ounce in 2011, now trading under $30....because of the big time lags, I am guessing if silver gets to its top on this run, it will blow right through it and run to at least $200 per ounce and probably further.. what I am saying is that I believe there is more value to silver than gold.. silver is a pain in the ass though. it's very heavy and not all silver is easy to sell in a fast-moving market unless you have,999 silver like US Eagles.
Old 05-20-2021, 08:45 PM   #2639
Tape Reader

Sell the open.

Sharp decline ahead.
Old 05-20-2021, 10:40 PM   #2640
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Sell the open.

Sharp decline ahead.
Pre market slightly higher

What do you see happening?

Big mover is Carnival Corp.....now I know why i'm getting a card form them every 2 week....think it will ever get back to $64?

What do you guys think about ETF's?
geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply