Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Contests + Other Interesting Racing Topics > Pace Advantage Toga Party Part XII

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 03-05-2012, 11:31 AM   #1
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Toga Party X Update

After an bit of back and forth, I think we are all set for the annual week at Saratoga. Once again we had groups buy out the whole tent during the week, but NYRA seating was able to arrange for us to have individual tables at the Big Red Spring again on those days. It will be on Wednesday and Thursday this year when we will have to relocate, but it worked out just fine last year, so no problems are anticipated. I also coordinated with Ted Craven this year so we have one big block together with them Friday through Sunday in the Festival Tent. Should be getting the actual tickets very soon.

This is the sort of news that takes a bit of the chill out of the air on a still wintery day.
Old 03-05-2012, 12:25 PM   #2
badcompany

Nice work as usual, Al. Barring anything unforeseen, I should be there for most of the week.

I actually like the tables by Big Red better. They're sunnier.

― Thomas Sowell
Old 03-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by badcompany
Nice work as usual, Al. Barring anything unforeseen, I should be there for most of the week.

I actually like the tables by Big Red better. They're sunnier.
It's almost worth it when Ted's group is there to rent the whole Big Red Spring tent, but we're still a couple tables short of equating the $ levels. I think the whole BRS tent runs $300 if I remember right, so if we ever got to 12 tables between the two groups, it might be worth it. Of course one of those Sundays is a giveaway day, so it would be right out that day unless they change the distribution process.
Old 03-05-2012, 08:19 PM   #4
cj's dad

Al,

give me the dates again please.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:46 AM   #5
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj's dad
Al,

give me the dates again please.
August 11-19
Old 03-08-2012, 06:16 PM   #6
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

It got to 60 degrees today and I got two big bundles of tickets in the mail today. It draws nearer!
Old 03-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #7
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

That's awesome...can't wait for this year's renewal...10 years eh? That calls for something special...gotta put on my thinking cap...
Old 03-20-2012, 03:23 PM   #8
John

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
That's awesome...can't wait for this year's renewal...10 years eh? That calls for something special...gotta put on my thinking cap...
Wow!!! Mike, Ten years ... It seems like only yesterday.The first year was a huge success.Guys came from everywhere Trijack, from Cal. Bill W.from Texas.CJ was still in uniform serving his country somewhere and who could forget Winmanwin, from Brooklyn N.Y. what a fun guy.Mike Dudley got us in the Executive Box located at the top of the stretch.Mike also got us all free tee shirts. You could tell that first year,that this was going to be continued for a lot of years to come.

Any PA member that dose not make this Toga affair at least once is missing out on something very special.

Every year with OTMAL, is better than the year before.

Thanks Mike for supporting this great event

Old 03-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #9
cj's dad

I'm thinking lobster tails and champagne ?
Old 03-22-2012, 01:07 AM   #10
badcompany

I can assure you this wouldn't disappoint:

http://www.hattieschickenshacks.com/menu/

― Thomas Sowell
Old 03-22-2012, 01:33 PM   #11
Overlay

Now that my wife and I have moved a little closer to the East Coast, we're thinking of driving up from Alabama for this year's gathering. Are there major problems finding lodging in the area during the race meeting? Any idea of how far in advance I might have to book, how far from the track I might end up, and what rates "typically" (if there is such a thing) run? What do attendees usually do? Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Last edited by Overlay; 03-22-2012 at 01:35 PM.
Old 03-22-2012, 02:36 PM   #12
badcompany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlay
Now that my wife and I have moved a little closer to the East Coast, we're thinking of driving up from Alabama for this year's gathering. Are there major problems finding lodging in the area during the race meeting?.
During the week, no. On weekends, yes.

Quote:
Any idea of how far in advance I might have to book, how far from the track I might end up, and what rates "typically" (if there is such a thing) run?
The sooner the better. This place is on broadway, the main street, and is about a mile from the track. In season, it runs about $200 a night. I've stayed there. It's very well run.

http://www.saratogaturfandspa.com/room.htm

― Thomas Sowell
Old 03-22-2012, 04:11 PM   #13
wisconsin

We stayed in Johnstown a couple of nights at the newer Holiday Inn Express, about 30 minutes out, for $100 each night on a weekend. Was cheap and very convenient plus it was an easy drive to the track.
Old 03-22-2012, 08:56 PM   #14
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

I stay on Wolf Road in Albany - a 20 minute drive to the track.
Lots of places there, by the airport.
Old 03-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #15
OTM Al
intus habes, quem poscis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overlay
Now that my wife and I have moved a little closer to the East Coast, we're thinking of driving up from Alabama for this year's gathering. Are there major problems finding lodging in the area during the race meeting? Any idea of how far in advance I might have to book, how far from the track I might end up, and what rates "typically" (if there is such a thing) run? What do attendees usually do? Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.
Hope you can make it. It's something I start looking forward to every year about a week after the meet ends. It's a lot of fun.

Others can give you info about hotels as I really don't know much about that end of it. If you look back on the old threads from previous years I've tried to give a run down of the places that I thought were good to eat at, but I can tell you I haven't come close to hitting all of them taht are out there. It's a great town and be sure to look up other local attractions because there's all kinds of stuff to do both before and after the races each day.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: