Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software > HandiFast Handicapping Software

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 18 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 04-05-2016, 12:47 PM   #376
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handiman
I started out with high ambitions but decided as I went along a bit, what I was trying to do was either just useless bells and whistles or wasn't possible in Liberty Basic.

What I have done is cut back to one track. And leave the racefiles you use in the same place you have them and not make you move them to suit me.

Now here is what I am excited about. I put in a race analyst creator. At present in Handifast you had four factor setups to configure and use. With the new version, you will be able to create up to 100 analysts. Probably an analyst for every type of race. And the points per factor now goes from 0 to 250. Plus you have two Scaling options available. The one you use now and one based on Fibonacci numbers as percentages of points allocated to the top 4 horses in each selected factors.

I also added another factor called Carrol Speed. Some of you may be familiar with his work. I really like the number in sprints, but it is valuable in linger races too.

Have Mike Dorn doing some tweaking for me and some Alpha testing, plus making sure the printing works. If all goes well, Head will have the csv functionality all squared away too.

It took me a long time to get this done as I tried different languages and had some high falootin' ideas.

Since you have been so patient with me, I have coded in a little fun item and hidden it. Once I get Handifast Version 9.0 to PA and he makes it available, the first user to find my hidden little fun thing and reports it here in this thread will receive $25 cash from me.

May do some other things down the road if I can find something that adds value, but not going to tinker just to be tinkering.

That's about it for now. May take a week or two to get everything ready to go.

Handi
Handi,

I assume by "analysts" you mean that the program learns from itself, self-adjusting the weights for the various factors as more races are run through the program?

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2016, 01:08 PM   #377
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Hope to have it ready in a couple of weeks.

There is no need to turn anything off. If you want to use it like you do now, just build 4 analysts with the same numbers assigned to the factors you use in the present 4 factor selections available to you now. And then select "Woods" as the scaling object, as it works exactly like the present program does in portioning out the point values to the top 4 horses.

Bottom line is it will allow the user to do exactly what they are now, or expand to really drill down into every race type.

Hope that answers your question.

Handi
Handiman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2016, 01:11 PM   #378
Handiman
BarelyWinning

No Ray. I'm not that smart for heavens sake...LOL Analysts is just a name I am using for factor setups. So you can create a factor setup for any type race you want. You are not stuck with just four. Or you can just setup 4 exactly like you use now.

Handi
Old 04-05-2016, 01:24 PM   #379
mikesal57
Veteran

hey handi...

can it be voice activated

mikesal57 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-05-2016, 02:16 PM   #380
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
No Ray. I'm not that smart for heavens sake...LOL Analysts is just a name I am using for factor setups. So you can create a factor setup for any type race you want. You are not stuck with just four. Or you can just setup 4 exactly like you use now.

Handi
OK, my mistake. I have been tinkering with the idea of doing a bit of "crude" AI in Excel, using macros instead of professional quality AI code (because I have no idea how to code something like that in a stand alone environment). Just in the thinking process right now, and don't know if it will ever get past that point. Probably will use a bunch of factors, start with initial weightings, and then have the program recalculate those weightings after every race is run through the program (batch processing to the hilt I'm sure, in order to get enough iterations, in a reasonable period of time (hours/days?) to do the job).

The original idea was to project the public's odds for different tracks, surfaces, distances, classes, etc., but if one can do that, then one should be able to create a fair odds line, and if one can do that, then one should be able to create models that are self adjusting, regarding the weightings for all the available factors. Will probably start with a track and race type that is more easily predictable, regarding how the public bets it, and if that turns out ok then work on less predictive tracks and race types. I understand that the endeavor will be quite difficult if not impossible, for me, especially in Excel. But, what the heck, I have a few years left, hopefully.

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2016, 06:48 PM   #381
Handiman
BarelyWinning

I guess I am a Tinkerer after all. Got to thinking and decided to add in an overlay calculator for betting. It is an old overlay dutching program I wrote a long time ago that is pretty cool. Allows the user to dutch up to 2 to 4 horses. Based on the fair odds and the tote odds, the program will tell you what the optimum bet is, but allows you to set your minimum risk and then calculates whether you have a group overlay or not and tells you what amounts to bet if in fact you have a group overlay.

I don't know if anybody will use it, just thought it would add some more value to the program.

Handi
Old 04-06-2016, 07:11 PM   #382
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
I guess I am a Tinkerer after all. Got to thinking and decided to add in an overlay calculator for betting. It is an old overlay dutching program I wrote a long time ago that is pretty cool. Allows the user to dutch up to 2 to 4 horses. Based on the fair odds and the tote odds, the program will tell you what the optimum bet is, but allows you to set your minimum risk and then calculates whether you have a group overlay or not and tells you what amounts to bet if in fact you have a group overlay.

I don't know if anybody will use it, just thought it would add some more value to the program.

Handi

Hey ...Stop it!!!

You might start thinking about selling this...

Mike

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (13.8 KB, 171 views)
Old 04-06-2016, 08:02 PM   #383
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
Hey ...Stop it!!!

You might start thinking about selling this...

Mike

Well everyone knows something that's FREE can't be any good---stick a $400 price tag on that bad boy, with all the new additions---call it the HANDI-FAST PRO.

I'll probably buy it
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-06-2016, 08:35 PM   #384
Handiman
BarelyWinning

LOL..... I couldn't sell clean water in India.
Old 04-06-2016, 09:28 PM   #385
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Well everyone knows something that's FREE can't be any good---stick a $400 price tag on that bad boy, with all the new additions---call it the HANDI-FAST PRO.

I'll probably buy it

Please don't!!!

It takes me 5 hours a day just to read all your posts now...
Old 04-08-2016, 11:02 PM   #386
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesal57
Please don't!!!

It takes me 5 hours a day just to read all your posts now...
Hold up, New York...you've been on here since 2003 and posted almost 700 times already. That's like...one post a week for 13 YEARS!

Okay.......... that's not really a lot.

Nevermind.
NorCalGreg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-09-2016, 08:53 AM   #387
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGreg
Hold up, New York...you've been on here since 2003 and posted almost 700 times already. That's like...one post a week for 13 YEARS!

Okay.......... that's not really a lot.

Nevermind.

Point proven...took you 2 days to respond to my post

P.S- You mean The National League defending Champions ..New York Mets

Last edited by mikesal57; 04-09-2016 at 08:55 AM.
Old 04-11-2016, 08:07 AM   #388
mikesal57
Veteran

Handi...

Since your on a binge with additions...

How about adding this...

Its a final fraction calculation from Mike Pizzola...

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=75943

Mike
Old 04-11-2016, 10:49 AM   #389
Handiman
BarelyWinning

Not sure it fits in with the concept of Handifast. I did add a new factor, that being Carroll Speed.

For the next version upgrade may see about taking program in a slightly different direction, or expand it's view of things.

But very close to having version 9.0 done and released to PA for downloading.

Handi
Old 04-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #390
mikesal57
Veteran

Quote:
Not sure it fits in with the concept of Handifast. I did add a new factor, that being Carroll Speed.

For the next version upgrade may see about taking program in a slightly different direction, or expand it's view of things.

But very close to having version 9.0 done and released to PA for downloading.

Handi

Ok.....cant wait to dig in...
I'm on vacation for a week starting tomorrow...wink...wink

mike

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (11.2 KB, 89 views)