Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-09-2010, 11:18 AM   #1
andymays
Veteran

Great News! U.S. Won’t Recover Lost Jobs Until March 2020 At Current Pace

http://blogs.investors.com/capitalhi...t-current-pace

Excerpt:

The bottom line: It’s quite possible that the next recession will hit before the U.S. returns to old employment highs.

*The Labor Department said employers may have cut 366,000 jobs more than previously reported in the year through March 2010. A final estimate will be issued in February. That suggests job losses were deeper than expected in 2009 and/or early 2010 hiring was weaker than previously expected. Both would suggest an even-longer return to full employment.
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
GameTheory

Except that our recovery will eventually accelerate because the electorate won't stand for the current rate. They'll keep throwing the bums out until there is a group that will allow the recovery to happen.

Notice I said "allow", because that's all they have to do. Just create stable, sensible rules and reasonable tax rates and get out of the way. No real recovery can possibly happen until after the election because the current administration and Congress refuses to create a stable situation for businesses to operate. They've effectively created a national hiring freeze.
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #3
Let's Roll

2020 is early according to my estimates. A timeline I created does not have a job recovery until well after the second Eric Holder administration, in 2032.

......they can do whatever they want if they want to.
Let's Roll is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2010, 12:50 PM   #4
mostpost

If you read the article, you will see that most of the jobs being lost now are in state and local government. Wasn't that exactly what you guys were looking for? Cut the size of Government? Of course we are cutting its size to the point that it will not be able to function.
Another area in which we are losing jobs is teachers. Another part of the conservative plan. Make the electorate stupid and you will win every election.
How many of the jobs lost in the private sector were lost because of outsourcing or closing a plant and moving it to Indonesia or Mexico? Companies survived and did quite well before outsourcing. But then we entered the era of greed. Now it is no longer good enough to make a billion dollar profit. Now you need to make a ten Billion dollar profit.
Old 10-09-2010, 01:13 PM   #5
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Another area in which we are losing jobs is teachers. Another part of the conservative plan. Make the electorate stupid and you will win every election.
There you go projecting again! Liberals have a mortal lock on turning out D.D.U. grads. They have the process down to rocket science-like precision.

Boxcar
Old 10-09-2010, 01:26 PM   #6
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
There you go projecting again! Liberals have a mortal lock on turning out D.D.U. grads. They have the process down to rocket science-like precision.

Boxcar
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean someone is stupid. It means we're smart.
Congratulaions on once again ignoring the substance of a post and just being insulting. yourself.
Old 10-09-2010, 02:34 PM   #7
johnhannibalsmith

Quote:
If you read the article, you will see that most of the jobs being lost now are in state and local government. Wasn't that exactly what you guys were looking for? Cut the size of Government?...
Or you could look at it as the inevitable end result of trying (or nonchalantly allowing with good intentions) to grow government beyond its legitimate usefulness.

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2010, 02:44 PM   #8
boxcar

Quote:
Disagreeing with you doesn't mean someone is stupid. It means we're smart.
Congratulaions on once again ignoring the substance of a post and just being insulting. yourself.
Remember, Mosty...you guys are on the LEFT. Only fools tilt toward the left because they always, always, always come down on the wrong side of moral issues and, therefore, by extension on political ones.

Boxcar
P.S. In case you're wondering...this doesn't make you smart.

P.P.S. And put the brakes on your phony, self-righteous indignation. You're the one who insulted conservatives and what you "think" we want in terms of education. Here's what I want: The federal government out of education. Let the states handle it.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:13 PM   #9
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Remember, Mosty...you guys are on the LEFT. Only fools tilt toward the left because they always, always, always come down on the wrong side of moral issues and, therefore, by extension on political ones.

Boxcar
P.S. In case you're wondering...this doesn't make you smart.

P.P.S. And put the brakes on your phony, self-righteous indignation. You're the one who insulted conservatives and what you "think" we want in terms of education. Here's what I want: The federal government out of education. Let the states handle it.
it is at least silly, if not dumb to judge someone's morality on the basis of where people sat in the french legislature 220 years ago.
re: your P.S. My stand on moral issues doesn't make me smart. My intelligence effects my stand on moral issues.
re: your P.P.S. So, you're opposed to No Child Left Behind? As long as some states are rich and some are poor, there is a place for the Federal government in education. The same as their is a place for the state as long as some districts are not as affluent as others. To the extent possible, policy should be decided at the local level.
Old 10-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #10
boxcar

Quote:
it is at least silly, if not dumb to judge someone's morality on the basis of where people sat in the french legislature 220 years ago.
And it's even dumber for you to think that is the basis of my observation, especially when I have written extensively on this issue from a biblical perspective. (However, you do have to hand it to the French. They finally got something right -- even though they don't know how they did it. Chalk that up to divine providence. God truly does give grace to drunks and fools. )

Quote:
re: your P.S. My stand on moral issues doesn't make me smart.
Then you need to do a word study on the term "stupid" in its various forms in the bible. Who knows? You might actually learn something.

Quote:
My intelligence effects my stand on moral issues.
That ain't sayin' much. Is your great intellectual capacity right up there with Pelosi who thinks unemployment checks are a great way to stimulate the economy? Or who thought that it was a great idea to pass ObaminationCare without first reading the legislation? Or is it up to the level of Biden who thinks the measure of one's patriotism is his willingness and eagerness to be taxed to the hilt? Or is it up to the level of the Pseudo-Intellectual-in-Chief who thinks there are 57 states in the union, or doesn't know which states border his home state of Illinois, or who doesn't know how to pronounce "corpsman", etc., etc., etc.? But...to be perfectly fair and since nearly everything is relative, you guys on the Left could indeed be smart -- when compared to a caterpillar...perhaps.

Quote:
re: your P.P.S. So, you're opposed to No Child Left Behind?
Hey...score one for the Gipper. Did you figure that out all by yourself, or did you have to consult first with your comrades over on the DU?

Quote:
As long as some states are rich and some are poor, there is a place for the Federal government in education. The same as their is a place for the state as long as some districts are not as affluent as others. To the extent possible, policy should be decided at the local level.
No! To the extent possible, the feds should keep its condescending snout out of local affairs and...its greedy, money-hungry fingers out of my pockets.

Boxcar
Old 10-09-2010, 04:39 PM   #11
fast4522

Semper fidelis

There is one and only one way to correct this problem, slaughter the democrats November 2. Get rid of the filth and put forward men and women who actually have done something.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ScreenHunter_004.jpg (71.7 KB, 59 views)
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2010, 04:42 PM   #12
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
If you read the article, you will see that most of the jobs being lost now are in state and local government. Wasn't that exactly what you guys were looking for? Cut the size of Government? Of course we are cutting its size to the point that it will not be able to function.
Octo-man....these jobs were celebrated by the left when we tried to tell everyone that they were temporary.

So far, The Big-O and his band of losers have failed. Dig it.

Quote:
Make the electorate stupid and you will win every election.
We can't ALL be democrats.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg marine.JPG (35.8 KB, 57 views)

Last edited by Tom; 10-09-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2010, 04:45 PM   #13
Native Texan III

Quote:
How many of the jobs lost in the private sector were lost because of outsourcing or closing a plant and moving it to Indonesia or Mexico? Companies survived and did quite well before outsourcing. But then we entered the era of greed. Now it is no longer good enough to make a billion dollar profit. Now you need to make a ten Billion dollar profit.
A staggering 49,800 drop in teaching jobs at the local government level means that some 1.5 million kid's future education is now directly effected. We cannot afford this loss when out competitors are churning out top scientists and engineers at alarming rates to take even more jobs from the US.

Charles Pierce will soon have to rewrite and dumb down his book" Idiot America - How Stupidity became a Virtue in the Land of the Free".
Native Texan III is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-09-2010, 04:57 PM   #14
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native Texan III
A staggering 49,800 drop in teaching jobs at the local government level means that some 1.5 million kid's future education is now directly effected. We cannot afford this loss when out competitors are churning out top scientists and engineers at alarming rates to take even more jobs from the US.

Charles Pierce will soon have to rewrite and dumb down his book" Idiot America - How Stupidity became a Virtue in the Land of the Free".
We can educate our kids and take care of our seniors without taking care of all those who have not paid into the system, some programs will have to be sliced out completely. Sending moneys to Washington so they can skim what they want before sending it back to the states with attachments is not what each State needs. Too many people walking around the beltway wearing $400 shoes because of it.
Old 10-09-2010, 05:05 PM   #15
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Octo-man....these jobs were celebrated by the left when we tried to tell everyone that they were temporary.

So far, The Big-O and his band of losers have failed. Dig it.

We can't ALL be democrats.
I would not stand in front of that androgenic skumbag.