Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 01-06-2010, 12:31 PM   #1
andymays
Veteran

Husband and wife finish one-two in NHC Tour!

http://www.drf.com/news/article/109929.html

Excerpt:

LEXINGTON, Ky. - Bryan Wagner, an insurance executive from New Orleans, and his wife, Judy, finished one-two and earned a combined $137,500 in the Daily Racing Form/NTRA National Handicapping Championship Tour, which wrapped up Dec. 27 at the Surfside Race Place NHC qualifier in Del Mar, Calif.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Good Job!
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2010, 04:29 PM   #2
fmhealth

Boy, what a gene pool their kids will have!
fmhealth is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2010, 05:09 PM   #3
fmolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmhealth
Boy, what a gene pool their kids will have!
I need to have this pastime to myself....away from the bride... he's a better man than me!
fmolf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2010, 06:52 PM   #4
CincyHorseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmolf
I need to have this pastime to myself....away from the bride... he's a better man than me!

Hell that guy has the dream wife.I had to $hitcan my last one.She was a thorn in my side even during one of my greatest win streaks!!!
CincyHorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2010, 06:56 PM   #5
andymays
Veteran

Has anyone thought about the odds off a couple like this staying married and winning (I think these two have been successful Horseplayers for years)?

Got to be 500,000 to 1
andymays is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2010, 07:41 PM   #6
Dick Powell

They are both lovely people. They used to hold a party the night before the traditional Thanksgiving Day opening of the Fair Grounds that was fantastic. Don't know if they still hold it but I usually run into them sometime during the year.
Dick Powell is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2010, 08:23 PM   #7
Stillriledup
Veteran

There are very few women who know enough about handicapping to win tournaments at the highest levels. Kudos to her for being one of the very few who can.
Stillriledup is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-06-2010, 08:56 PM   #8
Dahoss9698
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillriledup
There are very few women who know enough about handicapping to win tournaments at the highest levels. Kudos to her for being one of the very few who can.
I'm not sure where you come up with this stuff, but it's just totally untrue.
Dahoss9698 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 12:25 AM   #9
Charli125

Quote:
There are very few men who know enough about handicapping to win tournaments at the highest levels as well.
Charli125 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 04:30 AM   #10
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahoss9698
I'm not sure where you come up with this stuff, but it's just totally untrue.
What's totally untrue?
Old 01-07-2010, 05:35 AM   #11
judd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charli125
There are very few men who know enough about handicapping to win tournaments at the highest levels as well.
so true
judd is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 06:46 AM   #12
RichieP

Quote:
I disagree completely.

Women have that inner voice or intuition developed much more than men do and that is a huge plus if they choose to focus on racing as a hobby/profit maker.

If you will they can use their right/left sides of their brains in better harmony than us men can.

I am running a contest on another site wagering the poly at Santa Anita and after 5 races a lady who I have worked with a bit (capper in her mid 70's who a bit more than a year and a half ago knew NOTHING about racing) has bet $100.00 and cashed for $271.00 win betting only. She also had a + ROI at the recently concluded Woodbine Polytrack meet.

Huge congrats to the Wagner's as that is a truly remarkable achievement
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 06:59 AM   #13
DanG
Easy Goer

If I may; a quick thread on the HTR board about this great couple in our game.

http://www.homebased2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9750
~ George Bernard Shaw
DanG is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 08:43 AM   #14
miesque

Well I think its just great and kudos to the both of them as they are obviously a couple that works extremely well together and in life its hard enough to find someone that has the same interests, let alone both achieving the highest levels of success and survive as a couple. From my perspective it is impressive like I am watching the relationship equivalent of watching a top of the line illusion by a David Copperfield or Lance Burton - Tada!
miesque is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2010, 09:32 PM   #15
Stillriledup
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieP
I disagree completely.

Women have that inner voice or intuition developed much more than men do and that is a huge plus if they choose to focus on racing as a hobby/profit maker.

If you will they can use their right/left sides of their brains in better harmony than us men can.

I am running a contest on another site wagering the poly at Santa Anita and after 5 races a lady who I have worked with a bit (capper in her mid 70's who a bit more than a year and a half ago knew NOTHING about racing) has bet $100.00 and cashed for $271.00 win betting only. She also had a + ROI at the recently concluded Woodbine Polytrack meet.

Huge congrats to the Wagner's as that is a truly remarkable achievement

You didn't read what i wrote. What you are talking about has nothing to do with what i'm talking about.