Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-03-2020, 01:46 AM   #121
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
I’ve been all through the South, lived in Louisiana, Texas.
I’ve traveled from Southern Maryland to the Pan Handle with horses.

Easily.... and generously, 40% of it looks 3rd world poor.
Where did you live in Texas? Besides Lackland?
Old 07-03-2020, 02:46 AM   #122
ElKabong

Quote:

In 1973 (high school aged) I played in a hockey tournament in Kirkwood & StL, MO. A team from Brookline, MA was in our bracket, sat with us at the pre tourney dinner table. One of them asked us if we rode horses to school.

We looked at the guy and chuckled as if to say "hey that's funny". After a moment it dawned on us he was serious. The stupidity of that guy, you could cut with a knife. His teammates were no less educated on how people in other parts of the country live.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2020, 07:05 AM   #123
Marshall Bennett

Quote:

You must have traveled in the trunk of a car because that's the dumbest pile of crap I've seen posted here in a long time. You're either clueless or attempting to provoke other members here.
That all said, you're posting here has about 90% less meaning to me going forward as it did before. I'm sure others here probably share my sentiment.
So....well done!!
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2020, 01:08 PM   #124
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
You must have traveled in the trunk of a car because that's the dumbest pile of crap I've seen posted here in a long time. You're either clueless or attempting to provoke other members here.
That all said, you're posting here has about 90% less meaning to me going forward as it did before. I'm sure others here probably share my sentiment.
So....well done!!
He's just pulling chains, that's all.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 07-03-2020, 01:43 PM   #125
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
He's just pulling chains, that's all.
mine..........
Old 07-03-2020, 01:58 PM   #126
Greyfox

Quote:
You must have traveled in the trunk of a car because that's the dumbest pile of crap I've seen posted here in a long time.
I've never been to The Deep South.
However, author Paul Theroux formed an opinion of Poverty in the South similar to what Suff said. Parts of it reminded him of Third World Countries.

In his travels through various southern States, Theroux found warmth, pride, and kindness but said:
“these poor folk are poorer in their way . . . and less able to manage and more hopeless than many people I had traveled among in distressed parts of Africa and Asia.” ...
“though America in its greatness is singular, it resembles the rest of the world in its failures.”

https://www.amazon.ca/Deep-South-Fou.../dp/0544705173

Note: Theroux stayed away from the cities and traveled a lot of rural back roads.

Last edited by Greyfox; 07-03-2020 at 02:01 PM.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2020, 02:28 PM   #127
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
However, author Paul Theroux formed an opinion of Poverty in the South similar to what Suff said. Parts of it reminded him of Third World Countries.

In his travels through various southern States, Theroux found warmth, pride, and kindness but said:
“these poor folk are poorer in their way . . . and less able to manage and more hopeless than many people I had traveled among in distressed parts of Africa and Asia.” ...
“though America in its greatness is singular, it resembles the rest of the world in its failures.”

Note: Theroux stayed away from the cities and traveled a lot of rural back roads.
Appalachia in the deepest poorest parts of the region look like Mexico. I can drive 10 minutes from my house here in Texas and find the same thing due to the prevailing culture coming from Mexico and South America.

Texas prides itself on less intrusion by government so that means zoning laws are almost non existent. This is an error if you ask me.
Old 07-03-2020, 02:41 PM   #128
tucker6

Quote:
So....well done!!
Value of past posting = 0%
Value of future posts = 10%

0.0 * 0.1 = 0.0
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2020, 02:47 PM   #129
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRalph View Post
Appalachia in the deepest poorest parts of the region look like Mexico. I can drive 10 minutes from my house here in Texas and find the same thing due to the prevailing culture coming from Mexico and South America.

Texas prides itself on less intrusion by government so that means zoning laws are almost non existent. This is an error if you ask me.
I live in Upstate South Carolina. I have one client that lives in one of those baby Winnebagos from the 1960's. It's rusted. The door doesn't work. Tires flat. The grass is two feet tall. No running electricity or water. A Vietnam Vet. He's the nicest most humble guy you could meet and recognizes acts of kindness.

What many of these poor people lack in the wallet is more than made up by the kindness in their hearts. I wish more of people were on the nightly news.
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2020, 03:59 PM   #130
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post

Just curious as to what this theroux dude would have to say about new York, Minneapolis, Chicago, Seattle, Philadelphia, Portland, St Louis, DC, etc about a month ago.

"But.... the burning embers off charred buildings are so pretty on a warm Brooklyn evening. So calm. So peaceful. Life is so magical there that you see people in the street even when local officials ask you to stay at home for public safety reasons.

Meanwhile, the south appears to look like a 3rd world territory. "

Last edited by ElKabong; 07-03-2020 at 04:01 PM.
Old 07-03-2020, 05:27 PM   #131
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
You're either clueless or attempting to provoke other members here.
Definition of a troll?
Old 07-04-2020, 08:46 AM   #132
Tor Ekman

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 07-04-2020 at 01:34 PM.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2020, 10:47 AM   #133
Tor Ekman

Irony would be Trump carrying Minnesota by a razor thin margin approximate to the number of in-state gun shot fatalities since Memorial Day
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2020, 04:35 PM   #134
Suff
Beat up 💪

The thread was BLM. Since BLM was the compelling final force behind removing confederate statues, I posted it here, on topic.

Someone asked a question I answered it. Then another question that ended with “this out to be good”.

Members : Don’t be weak & take offense to regional disparagement when its heaped upon California & New York here almost daily.

Fragility.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2020, 04:57 PM   #135
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

NY deserves it - we SUCK!