Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-02-2020, 11:36 PM   #1
lamboguy

amazing sights

down the street from my house we had 5 coffee shops within 300 yard. they were all pretty busy 4 months ago. i just walked by there and saw the Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, and 2 other private name shops closed. the only one that was open was the smallest one of them all. the guy that runs the place has only had 3 people work in it right from the start. and the place is busier than ever.

also there were restaurants, 2 of them completely closed. there were a half dozen banks that used to be open, now only 2. a shoe repair shop closed. a shoe store gone, but the place that sells running shoes and is associated with the boston marathon is still open. this is on the street that the runners run to get to the finish line.

the street cars still move, but don't have many in them.

by the time we have our presidential election, we will have a lot more closings. i don't know how much longer the government will be able to hold up the 401k's before they get cut up either.
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2020, 12:35 AM   #2
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
down the street from my house we had 5 coffee shops within 300 yard. they were all pretty busy 4 months ago. i just walked by there and saw the Dunkin Donuts, Starbucks, and 2 other private name shops closed. the only one that was open was the smallest one of them all. the guy that runs the place has only had 3 people work in it right from the start. and the place is busier than ever.

also there were restaurants, 2 of them completely closed. there were a half dozen banks that used to be open, now only 2. a shoe repair shop closed. a shoe store gone, but the place that sells running shoes and is associated with the boston marathon is still open. this is on the street that the runners run to get to the finish line.

the street cars still move, but don't have many in them.

by the time we have our presidential election, we will have a lot more closings. i don't know how much longer the government will be able to hold up the 401k's before they get cut up either.
Where are you describing? Coolidge Corner sounds like.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-03-2020, 03:47 AM   #3
lamboguy

about a mile west on Beacon street, washington square.
Old 07-04-2020, 07:50 AM   #4
Suff
Beat up 💪

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
about a mile west on Beacon street, washington square.
Very nice. One of the prettier sections of Boston-Brookline. Tom Brady’s house over that area.

Whats that area about 30% student, 30% Medical people, 30% quiet wealth.
Suff is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-04-2020, 08:09 AM   #5
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suff View Post
Very nice. One of the prettier sections of Boston-Brookline. Tom Brady’s house over that area.

Whats that area about 30% student, 30% Medical people, 30% quiet wealth.
the area you are thinking of is called Fisher Hill. that's where the Cabot, Lodge, Aldrich, Rockefeller, Hershey families live. Brady and Kraft are in a different area across from Route 9.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: