Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Closed Thread

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 30 votes, 3.80 average.
Old 08-30-2016, 11:45 PM   #1216
Winger

Greg, can I run the program off of a thumb drive? I killed my laptop. I'm not rereplacing it since I have a work laptop, but I can't put the program on my work laptop.
Old 08-31-2016, 12:28 AM   #1217
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winger
Greg, can I run the program off of a thumb drive? I killed my laptop. I'm not rereplacing it since I have a work laptop, but I can't put the program on my work laptop.
I don't see why not..you have 3 downloads--if you have one left, go for it.

You can put data files in the same folder--just have to do the file-shuffle or delete the old ones regularly, I suppose.

Do you have platinum?
Old 08-31-2016, 06:18 AM   #1218
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

First chance I've had to even look at any races since my lucky score @ Sar--Irish Prayer + Exacta. I've beaten that story to death already---but will rehash the entire episode if asked

I like Delaware...PV works like a charm some days. Some of the morning lines are "dubious", but nothing like the dart-thrower @ EVD.

There is a listed exacta play in the 7th that's interesting... SEA VIEW MILLIE @ 10-1 and EMYVALE COURT 6-1 are top Power with a little daylight to the rest. There is also a sweet Speed Play --the HEAD FOR THE HILLS---except he just broke his maiden 11 days ago--wasn't what you would call a POWER WIN...and his connections are pretty grim. He's a toss-out.

There's one other horse in that 7th race, that scares me-- CLOVER NIGHT..also 10-1. Clover's been on the shelf forever, but I can't toss him--his very competent trainer is using a very competent rider for his return---his trainer doesn't ship for nothing as his record and choice of rider show.

Attached Images
File Type: gif Del 7th.gif (124.9 KB, 147 views)
Old 08-31-2016, 07:12 AM   #1219
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

After some consideration...and this may be my only bet til the weekend--I'll make it a good one

$1 Superfecta: 3,8,10 / 8,10 / 3,5,8 / 3,5
Bets: 5 Total: = $5

$1 Trifecta: 8,10 / 3,8,10 / 3,8
Bets: 3 Total: = $3

$1 Exacta: 3 / 8,10
Bets: 2 Total: = $2

$3 Exacta: 8,10 / 8,10
Bets: 2 Total: = $6

$1 Exacta: 8,10 / 3
Bets: 2 Total: = $2

$5 win 10 = $5

$2 win 8 = $2 ----$25 total wager

I've said before--you gotta have faith in your numbers, this isn't a hard concept. Look at the top 3 ABILITY horses--- - - Those top two are "DUCKS" ....the is just a basic handicapping play WITHOUT a Power Number....yeah they win too. I can't let the blow everything up--and also hope the Maiden Speedball winner doesn't get brave.

The horse has some decent numbers, enough to put him on the bottom of the Super.

So there you have it. I'd like to see that layoff horse scratch out--would make the - exacta box look very good.

Also in the 3rd race AMBLE ALONG 8-1 ML.. is a BEST BET, ABILITY POWER SPOT PLAY--AND if the weren't enough--he also pops up as a 1M+ spot play.

That "1M+" play came about when I was looking for 2 separate plays to add in the prog--I was looking for a nice mechanical maiden play--actually had one on there--had a button and everything. The problem was---THEY NEVER WON! Finally tossed it--and went looking and searching for a 7F method.

Some handicappers specialize in that distance--I did some research, tried some things...the only thing I noticed, and data base guys will have conniptions when I say this--but the E-2 call is important at "around" a mile--give or take a furlong. It's not a "find the highest last E-2 fig and there's your winner" deal--but it's a useful figure. I had a 7f play that used the E-2 pace fig as PART of the method--just wasn't right.

So I forgot about the 7F..and went with a ROUTE method. I tweaked and tuned it up....and the damn thing works. That and 5-SPOT are the big surprise methods to me---meaning I usually come up with plays by running 'em up the flagpole and see if anyone salutes

I encourage everyone to let us know if you just not getting anything good with a certain play---especially if you have a suggestion for something better.

we've already found a couple items that need to be looked at--like BL or the BEATEN LENGTHS column showing up on the spot play list. Doesn't add much.

Delaware looks pretty good today..here's the top-2 POWER (before the inevitable scratches)...I like to use both top power horses in a 2x2x2 configuration.

Especially that late Pick-3, and some "DUCKS" included. You all remember what DUCKS are--top picks at high odds--they're already screened and handicapped for you.

One last thing---you'll see some horses with an *asterisk...and you'll see others with the > --Not the power horses necessarily--but this asterisk* and arrow> are one the left side of the horse's listing.

This is what those are--I'll also put this on the website:

The ">" mean the horse was on the lead at the first call in the last race, is back in 16 days or less and did not win the last race.

The '*" indicates there is at least a 10 point gap between the best and second best SPEED BLAST numbers.

This was to be the original SPEED BLAST, or something similar. When you see the arrow and the asterisk TOGETHER --well..use your judgement.

That horse led 1st call last race--didn't win--is back in 16 days or less--and his a large SPEED GAP to the #2 horse.

That was supposed to be a spot play but there was a miscommunication between myself and Steve-the-programmer.

Since he was charging by the spot play I just left it there since it wasn't an official spot play. So now I owe Steve for the "Lost spot play" I suppose.

Here's the #1 & #2 POWER for Delaware today:

Good luck all--NCG

Attached Images
File Type: jpg del 1-2.JPG (62.7 KB, 164 views)
Old 08-31-2016, 08:30 AM   #1220
exactajack

unless the race is taken off the turf you spent an awful lot of time on a MTO horse. Take a look at the race next time!
Old 08-31-2016, 08:48 AM   #1221
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by exactajack
unless the race is taken off the turf you spent an awful lot of time on a MTO horse. Take a look at the race next time!

LOL...won't be the last time. My program doesn't show MTO horses. Who you
like in that race?
Old 08-31-2016, 08:53 AM   #1222
exactajack

my long shot horse is the 7
my key horse is the 8
other horses to look at and watch the replays are the 2,4, and 5
if you key the 8 with those you'll cash
Old 08-31-2016, 09:03 AM   #1223
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
my key horse is the 8

Sounds good
Old 08-31-2016, 09:15 AM   #1224
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Quote:
my key horse is the 8

You mention 5 horses...but leave out the @10-1 ML, without so much as a $2 saver--good luck with that
Old 08-31-2016, 09:26 AM   #1225
exactajack

Ha! you mention 4 horses and leave out the 7 @15-1ML. We'll see. stick to your last paceline program/method
Old 08-31-2016, 10:41 AM   #1226
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

THISTLEDOWN

Quote:
Ha! you mention 4 horses and leave out the 7 @15-1ML. We'll see. stick to your last paceline program/method
Sticking with my last paceline program method--we always did pretty good at TDN--these are the TOP 1 & 2 POWER.

You're welcome to lend your expertise here Mr Jack

Attached Images
File Type: jpg ths.JPG (85.8 KB, 135 views)
Old 08-31-2016, 03:16 PM   #1227
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Del 5th coming up--may be a shot at winning some money--possible W to W threat MY GUARDIAN ANGEL

$1 Exacta: 9 / 2,6
Bets: 2 Total: $2

$1 Exacta: 2,6 / 9
Bets: 2 Total: $2

$2 Exacta: 2,6 / 2,6
Bets: 2 Total: $4

Attached Images
File Type: jpg dela 5th.JPG (73.9 KB, 100 views)

Last edited by NorCalGreg; 08-31-2016 at 03:20 PM.
Old 08-31-2016, 03:31 PM   #1228
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Did not see the in that race...that's why they take bets on these things.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:09 PM   #1229
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Got busy there and missed the Delaware action. I'm alive in the pick-3 even with the scratch of 'MILLIE in the 7th

I need the or LOL they're the top 2 choices

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pick-3.JPG (16.7 KB, 85 views)
Old 08-31-2016, 05:27 PM   #1230
NorCalGreg
Authorized Advertiser

Nailed that $40 Pick-3.....and PLATINUM users....that's how ya do it. Somewhere in that sequence when trolling for possible horizontals---there has to be at least one race with horses @ a price. Winning a pick-3 with back-to-back-to-back favorites isn't much fun when you go to cash that ticket--NCG
Closed Thread