Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:43 PM   #2116
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
See, here's one now!
75,000 plus posts and not one of any substance. One would think you would have gotten one by accident.
Old 08-01-2016, 12:50 PM   #2117
Greyfox

Vulnerable

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
75,000 plus posts and not one of any substance. One would think you would have gotten one by accident.
Tell us Mostie: Did Hillary and Obama help the Russians and at the same time make America's Homeland Security more vulnerable?

Hillary and the Clinton Foundation are seemingly in bed with the Ruskies according to a Peter Schweizer opinion piece in the Wall Street Journal.

"What is known is that the State Department recruited and facilitated the commitment of billions of American dollars in the creation of a Russian “Silicon Valley” whose technological innovations include Russian hypersonic cruise-missile engines, radar surveillance equipment, and vehicles capable of delivering airborne Russian troops."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/the-clin...ons-1469997195
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 03:08 PM   #2118
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
For all you delusional folks who think Trump is going to win in a landslide. 270towin.com has listing of current polls from 41 states. Hillary Clinton has a lead in enough states to garner 309 Electoral votes. Trump has a lead in enough states to accrue 140 Electoral votes. 309 is more than enough to win the election.

If you consider only states in which one candidate or the other leads by five points or more, Clinton has 271 electoral vote while Trump has 138. Again, 271 is enough to win. If Trump wins everyone of the states in which Clinton has a margin less than five percent and everyone of the nine states which have not been polled, he still won't win.
What polls are these again?

Are these polls where the political makeup of respondents asked in the poll is 75 per cent Democrat or left leaning and only 25 per cent Republican or right leaning, such as those polls coming from Bloomberg and ABC and the Washington Post? You know the ones, those phony polls that skewer the RealClearPolitics trending polls you guys love to quote.

Or, are these the polls where the poll result initially is 42 per cent Hillary, Trump at 40 per cent and 18 per cent undecided... of which the pollster then arbitrarily decides that since there can't be so many people undecided, many of them are really, really, really for Hillary so let's give her a bunch of them undecided respondents and voila, it's now 54-46 for Clinton!

This happened in a recent Reuters poll, as did the other examples I gave.

You can lie all you want, to me, to other PA posters, and most definitely to yourself, but the reality is: Donald Trump is a mortal lock to win in November.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2016, 03:21 PM   #2119
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
You can lie all you want, to me, to other PA posters, and most definitely to yourself, but the reality is: Donald Trump is a mortal lock to win in November.
Have you been to the UK to get your bets down?
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2016, 05:14 AM   #2120
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saratoga_Mike
Have you been to the UK to get your bets down?
I do have a $100 bet down at 3-1... it was made at the time when all you guys on PA said Trump can't win and that the GOP will deny him the nomination, or some similar silliness....

You should get a piece of the Trump action, Mike, at any price.

No reason to ever go to the UK. I am actually friendly with a MP (Member of Parliament) who regularly visits his goumada here in the USA not too far from where I live. He keeps me up to the date on what really is going on there and in the EU.

Trump is a mortal lock
. Money in the bank, Mike.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:25 AM   #2121
newtothegame

Quote:
I do have a $100 bet down at 3-1... it was made at the time when all you guys on PA said Trump can't win and that the GOP will deny him the nomination, or some similar silliness....

No reason to ever go to the UK. I am actually friendly with a MP (Member of Parliament) who regularly visits his goumada here in the USA not too far from where I live. He keeps me up to the date on what really is going on there and in the EU.

Trump is a mortal lock
Have you guys heard of Axiom Battle ground polling? I don't know much about them but it appears that they look at certain counties within each battle ground state.

Take a peek....(PS if youre a Hillary fan, you may wish to not look and return to your regularly scheduled programming) lol

http://axiomstrategies.com/abc/
We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men,deriving their just powers from the consent of the
governed.
newtothegame is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2016, 11:51 AM   #2122
_______
Veteran

Quote:
What polls are these again?

Are these polls where the political makeup of respondents asked in the poll is 75 per cent Democrat or left leaning and only 25 per cent Republican or right leaning, such as those polls coming from Bloomberg and ABC and the Washington Post? You know the ones, those phony polls that skewer the RealClearPolitics trending polls you guys love to quote.

Or, are these the polls where the poll result initially is 42 per cent Hillary, Trump at 40 per cent and 18 per cent undecided... of which the pollster then arbitrarily decides that since there can't be so many people undecided, many of them are really, really, really for Hillary so let's give her a bunch of them undecided respondents and voila, it's now 54-46 for Clinton!

This happened in a recent Reuters poll, as did the other examples I gave.

reckless-

Given their built in bias, how do the pollsters ever get anything right?

In 2004, the final RCP average showed Bush up by 1.5 points. He won by 2.4. In 2008, it showed Obama up by 7.6. He won by 7.3. In 2012, it showed Obama up by 0.7 and he won by 3.9.

Two election with a sub 1% miss and one that grossly underestimate the Democrat.

We have been through cycle after cycle with this meme of undercounted Republican voters and it just never seems to show up on Election Day.

How is this happening?
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-02-2016, 01:02 PM   #2123
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by _______
reckless-

Given their built in bias, how do the pollsters ever get anything right?

In 2004, the final RCP average showed Bush up by 1.5 points. He won by 2.4. In 2008, it showed Obama up by 7.6. He won by 7.3. In 2012, it showed Obama up by 0.7 and he won by 3.9.

Two election with a sub 1% miss and one that grossly underestimate the Democrat.

We have been through cycle after cycle with this meme of undercounted Republican voters and it just never seems to show up on Election Day.

How is this happening?
I can't answer on why why why or the that, this and whatnot. I remember in 1980 I almost was in tears (exaggerated) when Dan Rather said on TV, 'and President Carter has opened a big lead going into Election Day, according to a CBS poll'.

We know how that one went. In those long gone days I would have thought what you just wrote. How did this happen? Or, how did they get that wrong. Today, I know the reasons why... there is a built-in bias and there is the media's attempt to dictate issues and results by citing polls.

There was always a bias against the GOP and conservatives but even up to now, there was never a 75-25 split or a 70-30 Dem-GOP difference in respondents. It has gotten seriously out of hand in the media's attempt to drive the election and carry Hillary to the finish line.

The recent Reuters poll where they arbitrarily gave Hillary a bunch of 'undecided' responses for her was simply scandalous and immoral. Reuters later claimed an error (but not to the corruption) and revised that poll.

Lifelong Democrat operative, Patrick Caddell, filed a complaint against Reuters on this.

Guys may want to debate over Trump/Hillary qualifications, fine, we should all get involved. But, citing corrupt news organizations to make a Hillary point or to bash Trump won't make their case, especially from me.

I may not have provided a link to the points I made to mostpost of which you quoted me on, but all I wrote then and now was/is true.
Old 08-02-2016, 01:18 PM   #2124
_______
Veteran

Quote:
I can't answer on why why why or the that, this and whatnot. I remember in 1980 I almost was in tears (exaggerated) when Dan Rather said on TV, 'and President Carter has opened a big lead going into Election Day, according to a CBS poll'.

We know how that one went. In those long gone days I would have thought what you just wrote. How did this happen? Or, how did they get that wrong. Today, I know the reasons why... there is a built-in bias and there is the media's attempt to dictate issues and results by citing polls.

There was always a bias against the GOP and conservatives but even up to now, there was never a 75-25 split or a 70-30 Dem-GOP difference in respondents. It has gotten seriously out of hand in the media's attempt to drive the election and carry Hillary to the finish line.

The recent Reuters poll where they arbitrarily gave Hillary a bunch of 'undecided' responses for her was simply scandalous and immoral. Reuters later claimed an error (but not to the corruption) and revised that poll.

Lifelong Democrat operative, Patrick Caddell, filed a complaint against Reuters on this.

Guys may want to debate over Trump/Hillary qualifications, fine, we should all get involved. But, citing corrupt news organizations to make a Hillary point or to bash Trump won't make their case, especially from me.

I may not have provided a link to the points I made to mostpost of which you quoted me on, but all I wrote then and now was/is true.
I don't understand how you can claim there is a built in polling bias against Republican's when any analysis of election results and the polling that occurs in the weeks leading up to that election don't show it.

Do polls move? Of course they do. Carter had a lead on Reagan until people saw Reagan perform in the debates and concluded he wasn't the Frankenstein monster portrayed by Democrats. And the polls reflected that.

You can certainly find examples where polling got an election wrong. But for every one of those, there are 50 that got it right. I posted a link from 538 that broke down each polling firm and whether they have a consistent Democratic or Republican bias and to what degree. They also noted their average deviation from the actual result in final polling.

Guess what? PPP undercounts Republican votes and Rasmussen Democratic. But neither one by much. So do you dismiss them altogether? Or just average them in like I do?

I understand that evidence isn't going win the argument for those who know in their bones that there is a secret Trump vote out there. They will carry that belief into the election and then conclude only fraud can explain the fact it didn't appear. Their candidate will be leading that parade.

But I am going to be a realist and look at cold uncaring data to make my predictions.
_______ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 01:34 PM   #2125
Tor Ekman

Awesome float in Iowa parade . . . although the portly pantsuit stand-in is a tad too slim

Last edited by Tor Ekman; 08-03-2016 at 01:36 PM.
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 02:19 PM   #2126
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Iowa gets it!
Old 08-03-2016, 03:50 PM   #2127
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
A picture of Tom, far right, who makes fun of Hillary Clinton-among others-for being fat.
Wow, I missed this one.

There's a little difference between making fun of a public figure and a private figure. Nobody has made fun of the few pictures you've put up here over the years, but like everyone on Earth, don't think there isn't plenty of material just waiting to be exploited.

You've set a new low here for how people treat each other.

You had no right to do what you just did based on Tom's making fun of someone running for President.

You guys make fun of Trump's hair all day long, yet nobody had the low class of putting up YOUR PICTURE and YOUR BALD HEAD...

Think before you ****ing post, especially about someone else here on this board who is a member.

And yes, I've come to your defense in the past when someone attacked you personally, so don't anyone come on here and tell me I'm only writing this because it's Tom and he's a righty and I defend only righties.

What you did was just plain wrong and classless and very UNDEMOCRATIC of you, since the Democrats are all about inclusion and they would wag their finger and scream at you for body-shaming Tom.

You should lose your liberal card for the rest of the year.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 04:03 PM   #2128
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:

Trump is a mortal lock
Money where your mouth is - I respect that.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 04:40 PM   #2129
delayjf

Tom - What?? No beer??
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-03-2016, 05:43 PM   #2130
dartman51

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
Wow, I missed this one.

There's a little difference between making fun of a public figure and a private figure. Nobody has made fun of the few pictures you've put up here over the years, but like everyone on Earth, don't think there isn't plenty of material just waiting to be exploited.

You've set a new low here for how people treat each other.

You had no right to do what you just did based on Tom's making fun of someone running for President.

You guys make fun of Trump's hair all day long, yet nobody had the low class of putting up YOUR PICTURE and YOUR BALD HEAD...

Think before you ****ing post, especially about someone else here on this board who is a member.

And yes, I've come to your defense in the past when someone attacked you personally, so don't anyone come on here and tell me I'm only writing this because it's Tom and he's a righty and I defend only righties.

What you did was just plain wrong and classless and very UNDEMOCRATIC of you, since the Democrats are all about inclusion and they would wag their finger and scream at you for body-shaming Tom.

You should lose your liberal card for the rest of the year.
Seems like I remember Mostie making a similar comment about someone's wife, on here. You chastised him for that one, also. He can't help himself.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply