Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.76 average.
Old 07-13-2016, 05:06 PM   #1876
delayjf

Quote:
Immunity from prosecution would not prevent disciplinary action/punishment.
Wouldn't they be covered under "whistle blowers protection"?
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-13-2016, 08:10 PM   #1877
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by delayjf
effect both here in the US and in the mideast
Sorry for using out of context, but every administration leaves a time bomb for his successor because of our thirst for oil. Both sides have a skew and yet by any measure most agree things have worsened during this administration, to which Hillary Clinton played a huge role in. Such an incompetent you folks want to gamble with for your progeny's future?
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2016, 12:17 AM   #1878
dartman51

Quote:
Wouldn't they be covered under "whistle blowers protection"?

Not necessarily. http://www.alternet.org/civil-libert...administration

From the article: The Obama administration has been carrying out an unprecedented crackdown on whistleblowers, particularly on those who have divulged information that relates to national security. The Espionage Act, enacted during the first World War to punish Americans who aided the enemy, had only been used three times in its history to try government officials accused of leaking classified information — until the Obama administration. Since 2009, the administration has used the act to prosecute six government officials.
dartman51 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2016, 12:35 AM   #1879
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
FBI agents working on the Hillary email investigation had to sign a special non-disclosure agreement called a Case Briefing Acknowledgment form. Sources say such a form or procedure has never been used by the FBI previously.
Right there you are wrong already. All agents must sign non disclosure agreements before they can receive their security clearance. Say so right in the story. It also says that the NDA does not apply if they are called to testify.
Something you somehow neglected to mention.
Old 07-14-2016, 12:39 AM   #1880
mostpost

Quote:
If I were in the Senate, I'd subpoena them to testify in front the committee and give them immunity.
As I explained above, the NDA does not apply if the agents are called to testify before Congress or in a case in court. What it does is prevent them from talking to the press or going out on speaking tours.
Old 07-14-2016, 08:07 AM   #1881
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

She is throwing our vets under the bus - says it not a big deal.
That in itself disqualified her not only to be president, but to live in this country.

Ban the Bitch!
Old 07-14-2016, 09:06 AM   #1882
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost
Right there you are wrong already. All agents must sign non disclosure agreements before they can receive their security clearance. Say so right in the story. It also says that the NDA does not apply if they are called to testify.
Something you somehow neglected to mention.
I said FBI agents working on the Hillary email investigation had to sign a special non-disclosure agreement called a Case Briefing Acknowledgment form. Sources say such a form or procedure has never been used by the FBI previously.

Please demonstrate that what I said was wrong.

There are a lot of things I 'neglected to mention' about FBI hiring and training practices, and about rules and regulations regarding security. How does any of that make what I said wrong?
Old 07-14-2016, 10:23 AM   #1883
davew

Quote:
I said FBI agents working on the Hillary email investigation had to sign a special non-disclosure agreement called a Case Briefing Acknowledgment form. Sources say such a form or procedure has never been used by the FBI previously.

Please demonstrate that what I said was wrong.

There are a lot of things I 'neglected to mention' about FBI hiring and training practices, and about rules and regulations regarding security. How does any of that make what I said wrong?

It does not matter what you said - when you are a democratic operative, you job is to deflect and redirect.
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2016, 10:24 AM   #1884
Clocker

In response to an inquiry from Sen. Chuck Grassley, the FBI said

Quote:
This was not a unique circumstance; depending on the sensitivities in a given investigation, FBI employees may from time to time be asked to sign similar forms.
The FBI did not indicate when or if it has used the form in the past, or how often or why it did so. It also provided a copy of the form.

Quote:
UNCLASSIFIED//FOR OFFICIAL USE ONLY
CASE BRIEFING ACKNOWLEDGEMENT

The purpose of this form is to maintain an official record of persons knowledgeable of a highly sensitive Federal Bureau of Investigation counterintelligence investigation.

I hereby acknowledge that I have received a briefing on the investigative matter(s) identified below. Disclosure of this FBI counterintelligence investigation to anyone is strictly prohibited without the prior concurrence of the Assistant Director of the Counterintelligence Division, Federal Bureau of Investigation. I also understand that, due to the nature and sensitivity of this investigation, compliance with these restrictions may be subject to verification by polygraph examination.
Great for employee morale. You signed an NDA when hired, but we don't trust you, so sign another one. And then we still might not trust you, so we will give you a polygraph if we want to.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...r-july-5-2016/
Old 07-14-2016, 10:28 AM   #1885
Tor Ekman

Me thinks the ship be sinking . . . polling in true blue Iowa has the portly pantsuit up only 42-39, within the margin of error . . . LIAR, LIAR, PANTSUIT ON FIRE!!!
Tor Ekman is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2016, 11:31 AM   #1886
delayjf

I think she has dropped the pants suit for a tent suit. I believe I heard it was Channel or something designer name and worth 10k. Nice.
delayjf is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-14-2016, 01:06 PM   #1887
dartman51

Quote:
In response to an inquiry from Sen. Chuck Grassley, the FBI said

The FBI did not indicate when or if it has used the form in the past, or how often or why it did so. It also provided a copy of the form.

Great for employee morale. You signed an NDA when hired, but we don't trust you, so sign another one. And then we still might not trust you, so we will give you a polygraph if we want to.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/inte...r-july-5-2016/
F.B.I. Agents are pissed. They believe that an inside 'DEAL' was made.

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2...mail-decision/

http://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepa...plane-n2192337

http://www.againstcronycapitalism.or...armac-meeting/

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2016-0...ary-email-case
Old 07-14-2016, 01:16 PM   #1888
dartman51

Hillary has out spent Trump, 15 to 1, and is in a dead heat nationally. And, she is down 7 points in one poll. She will set a new high on campaign spending, all to attack Trump, and to convince people that she is not a liar. She can't run on her record, all she has, is attack, attack, attack. If Trump can take the high ground, not likely, and let others attack her, and he stay on policy, he will destroy her in November.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:17 PM   #1889
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by dartman51
F.B.I. Agents are pissed. They believe that an inside 'DEAL' was made.
Some people are so cynical. If Bubba and the A.G said that they were talking about their grandchildren on that plane, that's good enough for me.

Comey's press conference just didn't pass the smell test. No precedent for it, and it just sounded like a guy trying to cover his butt while taking one for the team.

Given the double secret probation NDA and the threats of polygraphs and other instruments of torture, I'd guess everyone will keep their heads down for a while, to be followed by anonymous leaks as to what went on.
Old 07-14-2016, 01:18 PM   #1890
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

Quote:
Some people are so cynical. If Bubba and the A.G said that they were talking about their grandchildren on that plane, that's good enough for me.

Comey's press conference just didn't pass the smell test. No precedent for it, and it just sounded like a guy trying to cover his butt while taking one for the team.

Given the double secret probation NDA and the threats of polygraphs and other instruments of torture, I'd guess everyone will keep their heads down for a while, to be followed by anonymous leaks as to what went on.
I checked with MediaMatters and Snopes, and they say all your info is wrong.
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply