Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 06-26-2018, 04:12 PM   #1
Parson

lesson learned now I am sick

talked my self into singling the horse in the 2nd @ IND and not putting the on my early p4 ticket. missed the p4 and a 3689.40 pay out. OUCH, Now I need a drink
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 04:50 PM   #2
airford1

It's all about the budget. I had that 69.00 winner Sunday at Churchill and didn't play the exacta that payed 335.00 with the favorite running second. The longshot was easy to chance 2 bucks. Why didn't I play the exacta,,,,, All about the budget and picking your spots.
airford1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 05:09 PM   #3
Parson

I agree, but the sad part was it would have been within budget. Just waited until the last minute to make the wager and when the error was found, it was too late to correct because the gates had already opened.
Parson is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 09:24 PM   #4
Franco Santiago

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parson View Post
I agree, but the sad part was it would have been within budget. Just waited until the last minute to make the wager and when the error was found, it was too late to correct because the gates had already opened.

Sorry, man. We've all been in those shoes. Sucks.

Don't beat yourself up. Hard as it is, don't be results oriented. If the single was the correct play, then it was the correct play and you were wrong. But if doubling the size of the ticket was the optimal play - results notwithstanding - learn from it and move on.

Best of luck. Tough game. Better days are coming for you!
Franco Santiago is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 09:34 PM   #5
GMB@BP

I never look at like that any more. Make the decisions based on what I want to spend in terms of budget and what I think is the horses I need to win the bet.

You can woulda coulda shoulda all day long. If I cant make the play with the horses I want in my budget I dont play the ticket.

Sucks losing that big of payoff but you essentially doubled your bet cost, and in this case it was painful but if you just double bets all the time that can get expensive.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-26-2018, 10:15 PM   #6
dansan

Been there

Been there done that multiple times give a week you will be fine.
dansan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: