Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Handicapping Discussion

Old 03-09-2015, 04:14 AM   #1
TucsonGreyhound

Cool Mobile Greyhound Park

I will be driving to NOLA soon and was thinking of dropping by Mobile Greyhound Park. Out of curiosity, I checked their results from last week and I have never seen anything like it.

It looks like a majority of the dogs running have no money bet on them. They even had one race (The 13th) where none of the top 3 dogs had a Win, Place or Show bet on them.

My favorite example was in the 7th. If you bet the to place, congrats. The finished dead last but was the only dog with any money bet on it to Place. So your $2 place bet returned $2.10 despite his last place finish!

http://www.mobilegreyhoundpark.com/M...-A-results.pdf

Mods, sorry if this is in the wrong forum. But can anyone help explain what goes on at Mobile and what a day at that track might be like?
TucsonGreyhound is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2015, 05:13 AM   #2
lamboguy

i used to bet Tucson dogs years ago in Vegas.

you might think about staying away from Mobile
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2015, 05:25 AM   #3
davew

the straight pools are empty, but look at all the exotics

I wonder if the track handle was over $100K that afternoon.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2015, 07:01 AM   #4
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew
the straight pools are empty, but look at all the exotics

I wonder if the track handle was over $100K that afternoon.
i doubt if the place did a total of $10,000 in total handle
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2015, 01:18 PM   #5
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
i doubt if the place did a total of $10,000 in total handle

All of the trifectas and superfectas were covered (with $1 minimums I am guessing). Only 1 of the pay-offs showed -ALL as a leg, with pay-offs over $1K in 5 supers. Unless they allow dime betting on track, the handle is much higher than your figure.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-09-2015, 09:46 PM   #6
BreadandButter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonGreyhound
But can anyone help explain what goes on at Mobile and what a day at that track might be like?
I haven't been there in about 20 years. Obviously, the wps pools are non-existent. Here's a link to their club house menu from the dining room.

http://www.mobilegreyhoundpark.com/Dining

From a quick glance at their dining options it looks more appealing than what the majority of T-bred tracks offer these days.
BreadandButter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-25-2015, 12:27 PM   #7
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Quote:
Originally Posted by TucsonGreyhound
I will be driving to NOLA soon and was thinking of dropping by Mobile Greyhound Park. Out of curiosity, I checked their results from last week and I have never seen anything like it.

It looks like a majority of the dogs running have no money bet on them. They even had one race (The 13th) where none of the top 3 dogs had a Win, Place or Show bet on them.

My favorite example was in the 7th. If you bet the to place, congrats. The finished dead last but was the only dog with any money bet on it to Place. So your $2 place bet returned $2.10 despite his last place finish!

http://www.mobilegreyhoundpark.com/M...-A-results.pdf
I had something similar happen to me at the obscure Horseracing track in Grand Prairie, Alberta, Canada. They had just concluded their harness meet, but were then running 1 or 2 harness races as their first races of a mixed (TB+QH) card. Folks did not realize the first race had started, and there could not have been $50 in the pools, including the exotics.

What happened? There was no win pool money on the first three finishers, and the #1 horse who I bet to win but finished fourth received $17.20 for each $2 win ticket on them!!

This was an enjoyable racetrack, but with it so far away (about 275 miles northwest of Edmonton), and so many more unvisited tracks, a return visit would be in the far future.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2015, 12:52 PM   #8
BreadandButter

I swung by MGP a few weeks ago. My how things have changed in 20 years and it's unfortunately not for the better. The surrounding area has unfortunately fell on hard times as well. A real shame.
BreadandButter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-12-2015, 07:56 PM   #9
MonmouthParkJoe

I live in Tucson now, and have been to the dog track a couple times. What a horrible, horrible place
MonmouthParkJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2015, 12:00 PM   #10
startngate

Mobile is just starting to send it's signal out. What you were seeing in the pools was probably on-track handle only, or maybe just in Alabama.
startngate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-17-2015, 02:33 PM   #11
1st time lasix

Very little money in the dog pools across the United States. Guess Palm Beach and Derby lane in Florida still have a few players. In Florida the only reason they still have about ten tracks open is that they can't have their poker rooms without them. The minute they cut that legislative requirement---85% of the remaining tracks will never run a dog race again. Can't win anyway....big take-outs and too much chaos on the first turn.
1st time lasix is offline   Reply With Quote Reply