Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average.
Old 07-29-2015, 07:28 PM   #586
tucker6

you mean the pilot didn't fly it 2,000 miles over hostile territory and the prying eyes of satellites without being seen so that it could be landed in Kazakhstan and turned into a missile against the USA??
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2015, 08:16 PM   #587
Marshall Bennett

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6
you mean the pilot didn't fly it 2,000 miles over hostile territory and the prying eyes of satellites without being seen so that it could be landed in Kazakhstan and turned into a missile against the USA??
Perhaps not, if this indeed turns out to belong to the missing airliner. The scenario you mention seemed the most logical one, however, considering how long it went missing.
Btw, your red-boarding the strory applies to off-topic as well, or does it?
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2015, 08:38 PM   #588
horses4courses

[QUOTE=Marshall Bennett]The scenario you mention seemed the most logical one, however, considering how long it went missing.[QUOTE]

That's pretty funny.
You'd think they were searching in some river or lake, by your "logic".

chance of returning to the WH, assuming that
he can manage to stay out of prison. Think about it.
horses4courses is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-29-2015, 08:52 PM   #589
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett
Perhaps not, if this indeed turns out to belong to the missing airliner. The scenario you mention seemed the most logical one, however, considering how long it went missing.
Btw, your red-boarding the strory applies to off-topic as well, or does it?
you got me on the red boarding. I hope I don't get banished lol.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:24 PM   #590
tucker6

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/05...perts-say.html

The captain of doomed Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 selected a route that would effectively render the plane invisible on radar in order to commit suicide, experts said Sunday.

The suspicion that MH370 Captain Zaharie Ahmad Shah was attempting suicide was agreed upon, aviation experts said in a panel discussion on 9 News Australia.

"He was killing himself; unfortunately, he was killing everybody else on board, and he did it deliberately," Larry Vance, a former senior investigator with the Transportation Safety Board of Canada, said.

Shah somehow managed to cut all communication systems and then dip in and out of Malaysian and Thai airspace and eventually went over his own hometown, Penang, Boeing 777 pilot and instructor Simon Hardy said.

Now we know what we all suspected.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:39 PM   #591
Marshall Bennett

Seems we also should know about where it went down then. Whatever parts such as engines should still be there. It may be too deep to salvage, but they did weigh 7 tons each and should be able to be identified.
I think the overall intention is to close the book once and for all and not spend another dime dealing with it. That part I would agree with.
Old 05-14-2018, 12:50 PM   #592
Parkview_Pirate

It makes sense that from the data the investigators determined that someone was still at the controls. But it seems to be serious speculation that the pilot was evading radar to commit suicide. Not that someone who's about to kill themselves is thinking logically, but why would the pilot care if it was known that he committed suicide? Also seems a stretch that he gets nostalgic and wants to overfly his hometown one last time.

It makes just as much sense to me that there could have been an onboard fire that disabled communications and smoke in the cockpit created problems controlling the plane (see SwissAir Flight 111).

While the pilot's religion may be a factor, it smells like misdirection. I'm more inclined to consider a cover-up by Boeing.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2018, 01:01 PM   #593
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
It makes sense that from the data the investigators determined that someone was still at the controls. But it seems to be serious speculation that the pilot was evading radar to commit suicide. Not that someone who's about to kill themselves is thinking logically, but why would the pilot care if it was known that he committed suicide? Also seems a stretch that he gets nostalgic and wants to overfly his hometown one last time.

It makes just as much sense to me that there could have been an onboard fire that disabled communications and smoke in the cockpit created problems controlling the plane (see SwissAir Flight 111).

While the pilot's religion may be a factor, it smells like misdirection. I'm more inclined to consider a cover-up by Boeing.
I'll trust non partisan experts in the field who unanimously say he committed suicide.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:36 PM   #594
MONEY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate View Post
Not that someone who's about to kill themselves is thinking logically, but why would the pilot care if it was known that he committed suicide?
Life Insurance.
Old 05-14-2018, 04:39 PM   #595
Valuist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marshall Bennett View Post
Seems we also should know about where it went down then. Whatever parts such as engines should still be there. It may be too deep to salvage, but they did weigh 7 tons each and should be able to be identified.
I think the overall intention is to close the book once and for all and not spend another dime dealing with it. That part I would agree with.
It likely went down far from the Australian, Indian and South African coasts. Such a huge potential crash field. They could search for years and not find anything.
Valuist is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2018, 06:29 PM   #596
mrhorseplayer

lol

Attached Images
File Type: jpg GILIGANS LOST PLANE.jpg (9.5 KB, 5 views)
mrhorseplayer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2018, 07:01 PM   #597
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
I'll trust non partisan experts in the field who unanimously say he committed suicide.
If someone wants to become maggot food either it is a solo act or they hate a particular group. I really know nothing about the passengers, I can't see any guy ending lives of young and very young people. That being said I believe they just want to close it out.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-14-2018, 10:41 PM   #598
Parkview_Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
A panel of "experts" appearing on Australia's version of 60 Minutes, and you believe that they are non partisan? No conflict of interest? No suspicions over making contradictory statements like, "there's no need to keep searching for the plane" and "it's important we find out what happened for the families"?

Nah, I don't buy this feeble attempt at closure when the plane hasn't been found. The pilot may very well have committed suicide, and an argument can be made that's the most logical conclusion. But it's still speculation, and it smells to me like an effort to discontinue the search.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-15-2018, 08:28 AM   #599
Marshall Bennett

You could easily construct a list of a hundred reasons the plane went down. A mechanical failure, human error, suicide, whatever. Without vital pieces of the crash it will never be certain. Its a news story to debate and likely always will be.
Old 05-15-2018, 09:23 AM   #600
swiss cheese

This is all BS, if he really wanted to commit suiside why would he take that route?
swiss cheese is offline   Reply With Quote Reply