Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-20-2017, 09:39 PM   #16
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Trump is a one and done POTUS.

Still, he was a better choice than Hilary.
He has done nothing but satisfy his supporters that I know...I think he a shoe in to repeat, especially if they run the idiot Gore of the little nazi Cuomo. No one really cares about this peripherial BS that doesn't affect the real world. Jobs and a good economy DO affect that. And that is who is voting now.
Old 07-20-2017, 10:54 PM   #17
FantasticDan
gelding

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker View Post
As I seem to have to repeat every time I say anything critical of Trump, he is much preferable to Hillary.
You think Idi Amin would be preferable to Hillary, so is that really saying much?
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 11:14 PM   #18
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
He has done nothing but satisfy his supporters that I know...I think he a shoe in to repeat, especially if they run the idiot Gore of the little nazi Cuomo. No one really cares about this peripherial BS that doesn't affect the real world. Jobs and a good economy DO affect that. And that is who is voting now.
Dems will go young, and probably ethnic. I don't know who they'll run, but it won't be a Clinton or a sanders or a gore type. They know that doesn't work now. What did work (for them) was an inexperienced black guy with no idea of how to work with others (we won). Expect a repeat of sorts. They're desperate.

Trump is making an ass of himself with these interviews and tweets. A lot of supporters here in red state country can't wait to vote for somebody else. The pubbies had better pull off a successful Reagan 76 or a Teddy 1980. Otherwise this trump guy will take down their whole party.

I think the pubs are ok for mid terms relatively speaking, but trump has no chance in 2020. But I agree w clocker in that he will quit in frustration.

I like what he's tried to w immigration problems. Everything else has been a farce. I'm pulling for him to succeed just like I did Obama but he doesn't have what it takes to lead in politics.
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 11:16 PM   #19
incoming

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticDan View Post
You think Idi Amin would be preferable to Hillary, so is that really saying much?
You don't have to go all the way to Africa to find a crook that fits a Mrs Clinton's mold. All you have to do is bring up Bernie Madoff or Al Gore, both are notorious liars!!!
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 11:20 PM   #20
Greyfox

Quote:
But I agree w clocker in that he will quit in frustration.
Trump quit?
That is totally against the grain of his character. Ain't gonna happen, unless he becomes ill.
The job is certainly ageing him though.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-20-2017, 11:38 PM   #21
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Trump quit?
That is totally against the grain of his character. Ain't gonna happen, unless he becomes ill.
The job is certainly ageing him though.
Quit, as in not running in 2020. And to correct you, he has no character.

If he does run, to borrow a phrase from him, his opponent will pick him up by his pussy. And this time it won't be a senior citizen woman too sick to campaign and is riddled with scandal that runs against him.
ElKabong is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 12:04 AM   #22
Clocker

Quote:
Quit, as in not running in 2020. And to correct you, he has no character.

If he does run, to borrow a phrase from him, his opponent will pick him up by his pussy. And this time it won't be a senior citizen woman too sick to campaign and is riddled with scandal that runs against him.
Trump would certainly rationalize not running as something other than quitting. He would declare victory and leave his established "legacy" to Mike Pence to work out the details. Or find a bigger challenge in the private sector. Or claim pressing family matters. Or whatever.

I don't see anyone on the left that could get down in the gutter and scrap with him, or articulate and rational enough to deflate his ego and his BS in a debate. The Dem candidate would stand a good chance due to fired up opposition to Trump (as opposed to liberal apathy about Hillary) and to voter apathy of independents and conservatives based on Trump's lack of delivering on promises and core issues.
Old 07-21-2017, 03:00 AM   #23
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Pence would be worse than Trump for the Dems.
Old 07-21-2017, 11:40 AM   #24
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
I can't think of another President who was elected to one term then voluntarily chose to not seek another term, certainly not in the last 100 years.They either ran for re-election , chose not to run after poor primary showings (Truman, LBJ) or like Coolidge had already served a partial first term before being elected on their own.

But then, Trump does not fit the typical presidential pattern.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 01:55 PM   #25
barn32
tmrpots

Sean Spicer resigns. Who is next?
barn32 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-21-2017, 02:05 PM   #26
woodtoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by barn32 View Post
Sean Spicer resigns. Who is next?
Senator from Arizona McCain.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #27
Clocker

Stick a fork in Sessions, he is done. Hugh Hewitt interviewed Anthony Scaramucci and asked why Trump doesn't just fire Sessions.

Quote:
Scaramucci seemed taken aback by the question, and stalled a bit by discussing Trump’s “certain style” in dealing with people, eventually saying that Trump and Sessions “need to work this thing out.” Hugh replies, “It’s clear the president wants him gone, isn’t it, Anthony?”

“I have an enormous amount of respect for the Attorney General,” Scaramucci replies, “but I do know the president pretty well. And if there’s this level of tension in the relationship, that that’s public, then you’re probably right. But I don’t want to speak for the president on that, because he’s a cabinet official, and I sort of think that has to be between the President of the United States and the cabinet official.”
Famous last words before the ax drops: "an enormous amount of respect".

http://hotair.com/archives/2017/07/25/scaramucci-yeah-trump-probably-wants-sessions-gone/

This morning, Tuesday, Trump started another Twitter attack on his AG:
Quote:
President Donald Trump continued his recent public shaming of Attorney General Jeff Sessions Tuesday, lashing out at his "very weak position" on prosecuting Hillary Clinton's "crimes."

"Ukrainian efforts to sabotage Trump campaign - 'quietly working to boost Clinton.' So where is the investigation A.G. @seanhannity," the President tweeted just after 6 a.m. ET, followed by a second tweet minutes later criticizing Sessions' "weak" position.

"Attorney General Jeff Sessions has taken a VERY weak position on Hillary Clinton crimes (where are E-mails & DNC server) & Intel leakers!" he wrote.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/25/politics/donald-trump-jeff-sessions-hillary-clinton/index.html

Last edited by Clocker; 07-25-2017 at 08:58 AM.
Clocker is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 10:33 AM   #28
johnhannibalsmith

How can he speak like this of the great, amazing, noble, fearless Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, III, Esq., LLC?

-Robert James Smith, 1989
johnhannibalsmith is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 10:44 AM   #29
incoming

Trump always speaks his mind....regardless....duh. I don't think he will ever fire him....but who knows.
incoming is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-25-2017, 10:48 AM   #30
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnhannibalsmith View Post
How can he speak like this of the great, amazing, noble, fearless Jefferson Beauregard Sessions, III, Esq., LLC?
It's easy. Just do it behind his back.

I know little about Sessions' qualifications or ability (except that his position on civil forfeiture sucks), but he was an early and loyal Trump supporter, and Trump owes him more respect and better treatment than that.

And by some accounts, many in Trump's cabinet feel the same:

http://hotair.com/headlines/archives/2017/07/25/cabinet-level-revolt-over-trumps-treatment-of-jeff-sessions/