Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 11-09-2016, 10:22 AM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

President-Elect Donald Trump

I don't know if any of you missed it since it happened at about 3am in the morning, but in his acceptance speech, Trump referenced both Secretariat and Belmont Park. For those who voted for him and those who didn't, ya gotta love that!
Old 11-09-2016, 10:28 AM   #2
MonmouthParkJoe

I was up all night watching it. Vegas had Hillary at -$500, still cant believe he won.

Did like the Belmont reference!
Old 11-09-2016, 10:34 AM   #3
olddaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonmouthParkJoe
I was up all night watching it. Vegas had Hillary at -$500, still cant believe he won.

Did like the Belmont reference!

I dont think vegas is allowed to take political bets.
Old 11-09-2016, 12:25 PM   #4
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage
I don't know if any of you missed it since it happened at about 3am in the morning, but in his acceptance speech, Trump referenced both Secretariat and Belmont Park. For those who voted for him and those who didn't, ya gotta love that!
Old 11-09-2016, 12:41 PM   #5
DeltaLover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Trump
If Secretariat came in second he would not have that big beautiful bronze bust at the track in Belmont!
[YT="Donald Trump Talks Horses"]Aa5aWg6RrXA?t=11m43s[/YT]

If Secretariat came in second he would not have that big beautiful bronze bust at the track in Belmont!

(11:43'')

Last edited by DeltaLover; 11-09-2016 at 12:42 PM.
Old 11-09-2016, 01:25 PM   #6
MNslappy

I thought this was interesting too. That horse racing is even anywhere on a president-elect's radar screen is pretty cool.

If you're in the camp who wants a national governing body overseeing racing, maybe Don Trump is the best hope yet for something like that actually happening.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:28 PM   #7
iceknight

Thumbs up

Quote:
I slept early last night, but when I read the transcript, I thought it was cool too!

He is based out of New York but it was neat to see that reference !!
Old 11-09-2016, 02:36 PM   #8
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Post 9

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...d.php?t=134516
Old 11-09-2016, 03:29 PM   #9
Redboard
$2 Showbettor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNslappy
I thought this was interesting too. That horse racing is even anywhere on a president-elect's radar screen is pretty cool.

If you're in the camp who wants a national governing body overseeing racing, maybe Don Trump is the best hope yet for something like that actually happening.
That would be nice but wishful thinking I'm afraid. There's a better chance of him fixing the economy, ending terrorism, and removing all illegals than fixing racing. He never pledged that.

Besides politicians don't touch racing with a ten-foot pole — the gov of NY lives right down the street from the SPA and he never goes there.
Old 11-09-2016, 03:30 PM   #10
ultracapper

A real New Yahkah
Old 11-09-2016, 03:43 PM   #11
Nitro

After I heard those comments live this morning, my first thought was that with all of their plans to reform our tax structure, that they might consider lifting the tax burden on ALL wagering returns from horse racing!
Wouldn’t that be a shot in the arm for this game?!

Personally, I am grateful that he won, and I hope that he can accomplish even a portion of his goals. I feel much like I did after Reagan was elected.

We’ll finally have a leader in the White House again who will not shy away from making tough decisions and better yet not feel compelled to be politically correct when making them!
Old 11-10-2016, 11:53 AM   #12
AskinHaskin

Quote:

Lets not forget that Carly Simon once mentioned Saratoga too, while we're crediting the mainstream for thinking about racing.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:29 PM   #13
bobphilo

PA, so you allow pro Trump posts that include stuff that has nothing to do with racing, but deleted my post where I pointed out a fact that does not praise him. Way to be neutral.
Old 11-10-2016, 12:59 PM   #14
Lemon Drop Husker
Veteran

It is great waking up in a country in which the lesser half is crying their eyes out because they are afraid their free ride is over.

'Merica 16
Old 11-10-2016, 01:24 PM   #15
Baron Star Gregg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon Drop Husker
It is great waking up in a country in which the lesser half is crying their eyes out because they are afraid their free ride is over.

'Merica 16
Spoken like a true Trumpster.
Closed Thread