Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 06-15-2016, 02:59 PM   #1
The Biscuit

How do I cash in ?

An old Sportech Voucher from May 15 / 2015 ??

Anyone ??? Appreciate the help !!!
The Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2016, 03:02 PM   #2
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Probably too late, but what is Sportech?
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2016, 03:09 PM   #3
GameTheory

A voucher from a track from last year? Even though it is over a year now, if the meet where it is from (this year's version) is still going on there might be a chance to cash it before it is too late. Where is it from?
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2016, 03:14 PM   #4
reckless
Veteran

I don't know what Sportech means either, bisquit. but if it is a cash voucher, you should be able to cash it in at anytime at the proper venue.

If it is a ticket ... e.g., Belmont Park.... $10 win on the 4.... that you bet at your site last year and that horse won, then you just might have a problem collecting the cash winnings because many tracks give the customer until April of the following year to cash in winning tickets.

That was always the case when I was betting on a daily basis at Belmont, and elsewhere.

Good luck.
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2016, 03:23 PM   #5
The Biscuit

Race was from Pimlico ... I tried cashing it in where I made the bet but they changed machines over and no longer can cash Sportech Voucher at their facility ... She said I can possibly send it into Hawthorne in Chicago ... Man I screwed up .... only $50 ticket ...but I can use it ...
Old 06-15-2016, 03:24 PM   #6
The Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by GameTheory
A voucher from a track from last year? Even though it is over a year now, if the meet where it is from (this year's version) is still going on there might be a chance to cash it before it is too late. Where is it from?
Hope its not too late ...

Thank you guys for trying to help me out ... really appreciate it ...
Old 06-15-2016, 03:38 PM   #7
GameTheory

Sportech is the tote machine. If you took it back to where it came from and the machines are switched out and it is over a year, you're probably out the money. I'd go back and try once more but talk to someone with power or who can make a call to somebody, look up the ticket or something. But most likely they will have a rule to point to that says it is too late. (Make them show you that rule in writing.)

Or ask sportech directly:

http://www.sportech.net/
GameTheory is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-15-2016, 04:51 PM   #8
Pensacola Pete
Veteran

Contact the company here:

http://www.sportech.net/contact

Use the phone number listed on the page, and have your voucher on-hand, so you can furnish them the voucher control number(s). They'll provide information about its status and how to redeem it if it's still redeemable.
Pensacola Pete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2016, 09:29 AM   #9
The Biscuit

Thank you guys ... i will contact Spotech direct !!! Appreciate the hand !
Old 06-16-2016, 10:48 AM   #10
Parkview_Pirate

You may get the runaround, as the process for cashing it may be a pain to the vendor. But, if you made the bet in Illinois, in theory, the ticket may be good until the end of 2016.

https://www.illinois.gov/irb/Pages/R...rWagering.aspx

Quote:
Winning Tickets- Winning pari-mutuel tickets are valid until December 31 of the year following purchase.
Good luck.
Parkview_Pirate is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2016, 03:11 PM   #11
Baron Star Gregg

From the Pimlico website FAQ:

The Maryland Racing Commission requires that all winning tickets and credit vouchers must be cashed within one year of their issue. These can be redeemed in person at any Maryland Intertrack or by the mail. Tickets should be sent registered or certified mail to: Laurel Park, Post Office Box 130, Laurel, Maryland, 20725. ATTN: Mutuel Department.
Baron Star Gregg is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-16-2016, 05:52 PM   #12
AlsoEligible

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Star Gregg
From the Pimlico website FAQ:

The Maryland Racing Commission requires that all winning tickets and credit vouchers must be cashed within one year of their issue. These can be redeemed in person at any Maryland Intertrack or by the mail. Tickets should be sent registered or certified mail to: Laurel Park, Post Office Box 130, Laurel, Maryland, 20725. ATTN: Mutuel Department.
I'm pretty sure the bet wasn't made at Pimlico, though. They don't use Sportech, they use AmTote....been that way since the 1930s. Sounds like the bet was made on Pimlico, but still not sure where it was issued at.

Also, contacting a tote company directly isn't going to get you very far. We can't pay out old tickets on our own - they don't belong to us, they belong to the facility where the bet was placed.

The only thing that Sportech (or any tote) is going to tell you is to contact the track or parlor where you made the bet. Which is the right process. Someone at that location should be able to tell you whether a voucher from May 2015 can still be redeemed, and if so, what you need to do to get that money.
AlsoEligible is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-17-2016, 05:22 PM   #13
The Biscuit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parkview_Pirate
You may get the runaround, as the process for cashing it may be a pain to the vendor. But, if you made the bet in Illinois, in theory, the ticket may be good until the end of 2016.

https://www.illinois.gov/irb/Pages/R...rWagering.aspx

Good luck.
I want to say you are right ... I think I will send it to Hawthorne ...or go to AP to see where I can send it ...