Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 06-28-2018, 01:22 PM   #76
elysiantraveller

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
You know I still like you though.

You know what post snagged you first place though, right?
Nah... not really.

I didn't care. Still like you too. *Hugs*
elysiantraveller is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2018, 01:27 PM   #77
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
The discussion is academic its not emotional. Phrases like that really have no place in the discourse. There are similarities if one just wants to open their eyes...

The right in this country is completely unrecognizable to the one that existed 10, 20, 30 years ago.

The left is just as bad... as they fly to their extremes.
I, personally, can not relate to the right, or the left. I form my opinions as an "individual"...I don't allow "group-think" to make my decisions for me. The "group" often leads you right over the cliff.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:29 PM   #78
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
I, personally, can not relate to the right, or the left. I form my opinions as an "individual"...I don't allow "group-think" to make my decisions for me. The "group" often leads you right over the cliff.
That's what many leftists say.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:31 PM   #79
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
That's what many leftists say.
Really? Where? In the bible?
Old 06-28-2018, 01:37 PM   #80
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by elysiantraveller View Post
You need to re-read my post.

I don't think Trumps a racist. I gave you props for at least having a coherent argument for tariffs... if I recall that was about the extent you weighed in on the subject. As PA says I have the memory of an elephant... here you go:

And my response:

To the original point though... I gave you three distinct examples associated with fascism but not associated with nationalism. At National Rebirth. The creation of the "strong leader" and the cult of leadership... his makes Obama look like small potatoes and his actually distrubed me too. Finally, this weird policy of economic nationalism and autarky... these are what separate fascism from nationalism.

They apply... to varying degrees... to this administration.
A nation can have a strong leader and not be fascist.

A nation can have a "national rebirth" ("Make America Great Again) without being fascist.

And I don't know what you mean by " cult of leadership". This is a vague, broad term that can at any given time apply to the Right or to the Left -- to Republicans or Democrats -- depending which party is in power. So...this catch-all phrase is rather meaningless in our political system.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:37 PM   #81
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
boxcar is forming his own opinions as an "individual". He has told you many times he has the right as an individual to interpret the Bible as he sees fit. He, like you, rejects group think too.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 06-28-2018, 01:39 PM   #82
boxcar

Quote:
"Bible"? Did you take a wrong turn? It appears you're lost. (But I can show your lostness in the bible.)
Old 06-28-2018, 01:40 PM   #83
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Show Me the Wire View Post
boxcar is forming his own opinions as an "individual". He has told you many times he has the right as an individual to interpret the Bible as he sees fit. He, like you, rejects group think too.
No. Boxcar has no opinion of his own. He left one group...so he could join another.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:43 PM   #84
boxcar

Quote:
I have? I always thought I said, I follow the lead (hermeneutics) of the prophets, the apostles and Jesus when it came to interpretation -- that in fact, the bible is self-interpretative?
Old 06-28-2018, 01:48 PM   #85
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
I have? I always thought I said, I follow the lead (hermeneutics) of the prophets, the apostles and Jesus when it came to interpretation -- that in fact, the bible is self-interpretative?
As you individually interpret them, and you saying the Bible is self-interpretive is evidence of your individual interpretation. Traditional Apostolic teachings do not teach the Bible is self-interpretive, just ask any traditional Eastern Orthodox.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #86
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
No. Boxcar has no opinion of his own. He left one group...so he could join another.
Everybody is part of a group, no way around it. Boxcar belongs to the group who believes in individual interpretations and his interpretations are his own opinions.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:51 PM   #87
boxcar

Quote:
As you individually interpret them, and you saying the Bible is self-interpretive is evidence of your individual interpretation. Traditional Apostolic teachings do not teach the Bible is self-interpretive, just ask any traditional Eastern Orthodox.
But "Traditional" bible teaching does teach the doctrine. And that trumps any extra-biblical writings.

If you want to continue this, take it to the Religion thread.
Old 06-28-2018, 01:54 PM   #88
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
But "Traditional" bible teaching does teach the doctrine. And that trumps any extra-biblical writings.

If you want to continue this, take it to the Religion thread.
What is to continue. You demonstrated exactly what I said.. I stated traditional Apostolic teachings and you are are talking your individual interpretation of what is traditional Bible teaching. This is not about religion, it is about how you interpret the Bible as an individual and not a group thing.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:05 PM   #89
thaskalos

Quote:
Everybody is part of a group, no way around it. Boxcar belongs to the group who believes in individual interpretations and his interpretations are his own opinions.
No "group" can possibly contain the clear-thinking person, IMO...because the "truth" does not reside within any particular "group". We must walk the solitary path in order to run into it.
Old 06-28-2018, 02:08 PM   #90
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Quote:
No "group" can possibly contain the clear-thinking person, IMO...because the "truth" does not reside within any particular "group". We must walk the solitary path in order to run into it.
How about the others who are walking the solitary path? You are a group, maybe not physically a group, but a group non-the-less.