Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-10-2017, 02:17 PM   #76
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post

I'm almost convinced Trump will be a two-term president (if he wants it) after all is said and done.
How much are you willing to bet on THAT? Tell me...and I'll take you on right now.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:23 PM   #77
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Am I living in an alternate universe or are the leftists? Wasn't it just a few months ago that every lib in the beltway and MM were calling for Comey's head?
From Jonathan Tobin at the National Review:

Quote:
If there was one sentiment that had rippled through the bases of both major political parties by the end of the 2016 election cycle, it was that FBI Director James Comey should be fired. The trouble was that it had never gripped both parties at the same time. So when President Trump finally did on Tuesday evening what just about everyone believed necessary at one point or another during the course of the last year, reactions to Comey’s firing weren’t just predictably partisan. The knee-jerk impulse of Democrats to impute the decision to a potential conspiracy to cover up a crime committed by Trump tells us all we need to know about what’s wrong with our political culture in 2017.

Like it or not, we live in a society where half the country reads, listens to, and watches news that pushes one reality and the other half consumes a competing reality. It’s a country in which the 48 percent who voted for Clinton think the 46 percent who voted for Trump are out to destroy democracy and vice versa. In such a political culture, there’s no such thing as an issue that can be discussed in a nonpartisan way. Comey’s long-overdue firing would have generated conspiracy theories and outrage no matter who did the deed.

Read more at: http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...d-partisanship
Old 05-10-2017, 02:24 PM   #78
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
How much are you willing to bet on THAT? Tell me...and I'll take you on right now.
And make back all the money you lost the first time around (theoretically of course...I know we didn't have a bet, but if we did, you would have lost big time).
PaceAdvantage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2017, 02:27 PM   #79
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Trump is the only one with enough b*lls to do the correct action. Obama, the non-actor, should have fired Comey. By not firing Comey for his missteps, he left a landmine for HRC too. Could you imagine the outrage if HRC fired Comey, because she was under investigation by the FBI?

Anybody think Comey trotted out the new investigation into HRC a couple weeks before the election to ensure his job safety. By making such an announcement Comey any firing of Comey would cause a political sh*t storm.

Comey may have been playing the same game with the Trump administration. As long as he could keep a investigation going he figured Trump did not have the cajones to fire him.

If there is a legitimate investigation taking place, it will continue without Comey and it will be a better investigation, without the issue of Comey's self-preservation agenda.

In any case, Schumer and his clown show are playing into the Russians hands. It has been established the Russians have been meddling in our elections for decades and in other countries with some form of democracy. The Russians are trying to make the electorate lose faith in the system. The clown show by the dem so-called leadership plays right into the the Russian playbook.
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington

Last edited by Show Me the Wire; 05-10-2017 at 02:30 PM.
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2017, 02:32 PM   #80
thaskalos

"I know we didn't have a bet...but if we did..."

Quote:
And make back all the money you lost the first time around (theoretically of course...I know we didn't have a bet, but if we did, you would have lost big time).
Are you "taking on all comers"...or are you not?

I have some money here that I don't know what to do with.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:36 PM   #81
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Are you "taking on all comers"...or are you not?

I have some money here that I don't know what to do with.
The bet was on the Russian investigation, not on whether or not Trump will be reelected.

Why do people have so much trouble following along?
Old 05-10-2017, 02:37 PM   #82
tucker6

Quote:
Don't bet with your heart Gus
tucker6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-10-2017, 02:40 PM   #83
thaskalos

Quote:
The bet was on the Russian investigation, not on whether or not Trump will be reelected.

Why do people have so much trouble following along?
Oh, yeah. You were "ALMOST positive" about the reelection thing. Let me know when you get "REALLY positive" about it.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:43 PM   #84
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Oh, yeah. You were "ALMOST positive" about the reelection thing. Let me know when you get "REALLY positive" about it.
You know, I thought you'd be nicer to me as long as I kept at least one of my two ROI tracking numbers positive...I'm doing that for you, you know...but I guess I was wrong...
Old 05-10-2017, 02:45 PM   #85
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
Don't bet with your heart Gus
It isn't just "heart". It's a heart/mind combination...which is the essence of what "betting" should be...IMO.

You can't bet properly without getting the "heart" involved.
Old 05-10-2017, 02:49 PM   #86
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poindexter View Post
After this screw up Trump needs to fire himself. This was just plain stupid. He just gave the media everything they need to destroy him and day by day they will do just that. His approval rating will be down to 10% in a couple of weeks.

Been supporting Trump for quite a while, but at this point I have to wonder, who is he protecting. He is not that stupid. You don't fire the person investigating you when you have a media that 24/7 is looking to take you down. He was feeling the heat.
Hysterical. Talk about over reacting
Old 05-10-2017, 02:54 PM   #87
thaskalos

Quote:
You know, I thought you'd be nicer to me as long as I kept at least one of my two ROI tracking numbers positive...I'm doing that for you, you know...but I guess I was wrong...

Doing WHAT, "for me"? Have I ever called you a "losing player"? In fact...I said that you might be the best handicapper of this site.

In that other thread, I praised your "selection method"...but questioned the line-making that you use, which lists horses at 7-5 when they go off at 50-1. I said that your top choices were very solid...but the "math" involved in creating the overall line seemed "a little off". And you later admitted this yourself...by noting that your "top choice" was your only "profitable overlay".
Old 05-10-2017, 02:56 PM   #88
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Doing WHAT, "for me"?
Trying my hardest to keep my ROI positive so that you'll like me more...

I'm just messing with you...carry on
Old 05-10-2017, 02:59 PM   #89
thaskalos

Quote:
Trying my hardest to keep my ROI positive so that you'll like me more...

I'm just messing with you...carry on

I LIKE YOU...I LIKE YOU!!

Now, stop torturing yourself by keeping track of all those picks...and go out and enjoy the great weather.
Old 05-10-2017, 03:04 PM   #90
Show Me the Wire
Quintessential guru

Why are people questioning the timing of Comey's termination. The Deputy Attorney General just gave his findings and the recommendation about Comey. If President Trump, didn't react immediately to the recommendation, it would be the Flynn scenario again. The accusation would arise; Why did it take the President so long to terminate after receiving the info?
A free people ought not only to be armed, but disciplined; to which end a uniform and well-digested plan is requisite; and their safety and interest require that they should promote such manufactories as tend to render them independent of others for essential, particularly military, supplies.
George Washington
Show Me the Wire is offline   Reply With Quote Reply