Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2018, 12:23 PM   #7951
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollixed-up-car
But universal distrust is an objective reality. He's not fulfilling anything. He can see the law played out among others every day of his life -- the empirical evidence is all around him and overwhelming.
Same source as Bishop Ussher used to develop his 6,000 year old universe?

Or maybe the same biblical scientists who discovered the "evil gene"
Old 08-21-2018, 12:30 PM   #7952
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Same source as Bishop Ussher used to develop his 6,000 year old universe?

Or maybe the same biblical scientists who discovered the "evil gene"
Non sequiturs. Stick to the topic. Quit deflecting. Prove that the universal principle of distrust is not universal.
Old 08-21-2018, 12:32 PM   #7953
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
I hope you have the courage to face the Judge on the last day. Or will you, too, be calling for the mountain and rocks to hide you from the wrath of the Lamb and his glory (Rev 6:16)?
And I hope that you will one day have the courage to shake off your religion of fear, guilt and shame, and control so that your entire life will not have been spent living in a delusion...
Old 08-21-2018, 12:43 PM   #7954
hcap

Quote:
Non sequiturs. Stick to the topic. Quit deflecting. Prove that the universal principle of distrust is not universal.
You are kidding bunky. That burden of proof is squarely yours

Prove such a mindless, extremely paranoid contention,"the universal principle of distrust", is true
Old 08-21-2018, 01:01 PM   #7955
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
And I hope that you will one day have the courage to shake off your religion of fear, guilt and shame, and control so that your entire life will not have been spent living in a delusion...
My life is spent in the love, joy and peace of the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to believers as a pledge (down payment) of our eternal inheritance.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:04 PM   #7956
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
You are kidding bunky. That burden of proof is squarely yours

Prove such a mindless, extremely paranoid contention,"the universal principle of distrust", is true
I have posted often on this. I have provided proof. You've never been able to refute it. Neither have you ever taken up my challenge to put your money with your big mouth is -- make public your Login data to your banks and other financial data for all of us to see. Shirley, you trust all of us, don't you. You presume that all of us are implicitly trustworthy, right?
Old 08-21-2018, 01:18 PM   #7957
hcap

Quote:
I have posted often on this. I have provided proof. You've never been able to refute it. Neither have you ever taken up my challenge to put your money with your big mouth is -- make public your Login data to your banks and other financial data for all of us to see. Shirley, you trust all of us, don't you. You presume that all of us are implicitly trustworthy, right?
I presume most of us are trustworthy. There is a difference however between would all return a dropped penny, and would all kill their neighbor for that penny.

You are full of it. Where are your posts "providing proof".

Someone steal them from you?
Old 08-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #7958
thaskalos

Quote:
"Trust everyone, but cut the deck"...my late father used to tell me. And when we talked about politics and religion, he used to say, "beware of the politician who moves his lips...or the priest who has his hand out". Which, of course, eliminates all the politicians and the priests.

The politicians destroyed politics...the doctors destroyed medicine...and the priests destroyed religion.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:27 PM   #7959
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
My life is spent in the love, joy and peace of the Holy Spirit, whom God has given to believers as a pledge (down payment) of our eternal inheritance.

Yet none of your posts exhibit what you claim here.....Looks like hypocrisy to me, on the highest level.
Old 08-21-2018, 01:31 PM   #7960
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Evidently that life spent in love, joy, and peace still has space for insults to be hurled at non-believers who, according to you, will surely face the wrath of thy gentle “Lamb” for non-belief.

Typical of passive/ aggressive religious control devotees..
Old 08-21-2018, 01:57 PM   #7961
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Yet none of your posts exhibit what you claim here.....Looks like hypocrisy to me, on the highest level.
In this thread, tough love is the order of the day. Jesus manifested this kind of love, as well, when the circumstances warranted it. Recall, the 8 woes Jesus pronounced upon the scribes and pharisees? Or when Jesus cleansed the temple twice?

By the way, have you figured out, yet, why God chose to not save all mankind?
Old 08-21-2018, 01:59 PM   #7962
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
"Trust everyone, but cut the deck"...my late father used to tell me. And when we talked about politics and religion, he used to say, "beware of the politician who moves his lips...or the priest who has his hand out". Which, of course, eliminates all the politicians and the priests.

The politicians destroyed politics...the doctors destroyed medicine...and the priests destroyed religion.
So save for the professional politicians and clerics, the rest of the world is good to good, heh?
Old 08-21-2018, 02:00 PM   #7963
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
Evidently that life spent in love, joy, and peace still has space for insults to be hurled at non-believers who, according to you, will surely face the wrath of thy gentle “Lamb” for non-belief.

Typical of passive/ aggressive religious control devotees..
See my reply to RR.

And by the way, I have been very gentle with you -- both now and in the previous version of yourself.
Old 08-21-2018, 02:03 PM   #7964
thaskalos

Quote:
In this thread, tough love is the order of the day. Jesus manifested this kind of love, as well, when the circumstances warranted it. Recall, the 8 woes Jesus pronounced upon the scribes and pharisees? Or when Jesus cleansed the temple twice?
You forgot about the adulterous woman.

Where in the bible does Jesus exhibit your level of scorn and ridicule, when it comes to dealing with "sinners"? Is that what "tough love" means to you?
Old 08-21-2018, 02:04 PM   #7965
thaskalos

Quote:
So save for the professional politicians and clerics, the rest of the world is good to good, heh?
Yup. I trust everyone...but I cut the cards.
Closed Thread