Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 08-01-2018, 11:34 AM   #7441
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar View Post
Newsflash: All humans inherit Adam's sinful nature. Not the devil's.

Kids scare me. I don't like kids when they cry. I don't like them when they pout either. And I hate it when they get cranky. And I really don't like them if they they need their diaper changed. The only way kids are okay is if they're seen and never heard.
Didn't the devil take over the serpent and confuse the first couple, causing god to do all sorts of dumb stuff, including sin to be passed down to all of mankind for generation and generations?

Your aversion to infants explains why you may buy into original sin and maybe your mean-spirited lack of compassion of your fellow humans.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:00 PM   #7442
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
Didn't the devil take over the serpent and confuse the first couple, causing god to do all sorts of dumb stuff, including sin to be passed down to all of mankind for generation and generations?
Ahh...the old "devil made me do it argument". I thought only kids bought into that argument. (Well...actually Eve did too.)

Funny how after all these many centuries, nothing has changed. Man, today is as corrupt as Adam and Eve became after they sinned and rationalized their sin away! Eve blamed the devil for her sin. Adam blamed the woman and God for his sin by reminding God that He gave the woman to him, insinuating poor workmanship on God's part.

Quote:
Your aversion to infants explains why you may buy into original sin and maybe your mean-spirited lack of compassion of your fellow humans.
Did you say, "mean-spirited lack of compassion"? You mean like Light has for Trump?
Old 08-01-2018, 12:16 PM   #7443
hcap

Quote:
Ahh...the old "devil made me do it argument". I thought only kids bought into that argument. (Well...actually Eve did too.)

Funny how after all these many centuries, nothing has changed. Man, today is as corrupt as Adam and Eve became after they sinned and rationalized their sin away! Eve blamed the devil for her sin. Adam blamed the woman and God for his sin by reminding God that He gave the woman to him, insinuating poor workmanship on God's part.

Did you say, "mean-spirited lack of compassion"? You mean like Light has for Trump?

Your post# #3564
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Because sinless Jesus was born of a woman.

Also, FYI, Satan who possessed the Serpent (who later became a snake) has no genes 'cause the devil is a spirit being.
And your post##3569
Quote:
Because the serpent is part of creation and God cursed all creation. Apparently, you didn't read my 3477 either?

BNtw, Not only Light hates Trump. I don't think his toadies are too bright either.
Old 08-01-2018, 12:30 PM   #7444
boxcar

Quote:
Your post# #3564

And your post##3569

BNtw, Not only Light hates Trump. I don't think his toadies are too bright either.
Was there a point to your post, other than the one sticking out of the top of you head?
Old 08-01-2018, 12:54 PM   #7445
hcap

Bunkuy, you babbled this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Trying to deny you believed in old red-eye.

You repeatedly admitted you believe in the devil.
Who are you trying to fool?
Old 08-01-2018, 01:23 PM   #7446
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hank View Post
Killing seem to be ""God's"" go to move,but somehow it never occurs to him to "kill" the ""Devil""
God can't kill the Devil because the Devil is God's equal. The outcome of the battle of Armageddon is not a foregone conclusion. The Devil can still win.
Old 08-01-2018, 01:28 PM   #7447
boxcar

Quote:
Bunkuy, you babbled this...

Trying to deny you believed in old red-eye.

You repeatedly admitted you believe in the devil.
Who are you trying to fool?
I haven't denied the existence of the devil. What I deny is that the devil made Eve sin. In fact, in a very real sense, the devil didn't even tempt Eve! Scripture informs us very clearly how temptation works. Pay very close attention to the logical progression in the following passage.

James 1:13-15
3 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed BY HIS OWN LUST. 15 THEN when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.
NASB

So...guess what, Humpty: Both Adam and Eve were enticed by their own lust to be like God in a bad way, and sin followed immediately in the wake of that lust and then death ensued. But ultimately, they sinned by not trusting God. Instead, they chose to believe the lie of the serpent, which was they would not die. The Serpent's real lie was that God's promise of death upon disobedience was false. It was merely an empty threat.

So, why was the Serpent condemned? First of all, the devil was already condemned when he sinned in heaven and cast down to this earth. (His eternal fate was already sealed.) But he was cursed specifically in the Garden because he lied to Eve. It was her lust that led her to believe the lie!
Old 08-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #7448
hcap

Quote:
I haven't denied the existence of the devil. What I deny is that the devil made Eve sin. In fact, in a very real sense, the devil didn't even tempt Eve! Scripture informs us very clearly how temptation works. Pay very close attention to the logical progression in the following passage.

James 1:13-15
3 Let no one say when he is tempted, "I am being tempted by God"; for God cannot be tempted by evil, and He Himself does not tempt anyone. 14 But each one is tempted when he is carried away and enticed BY HIS OWN LUST. 15 THEN when lust has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and when sin is accomplished, it brings forth death.
NASB

So...guess what, Humpty: Both Adam and Eve were enticed by their own lust to be like God in a bad way, and sin followed immediately in the wake of that lust and then death ensued. But ultimately, they sinned by not trusting God. Instead, they chose to believe the lie of the serpent, which was they would not die. The Serpent's real lie was that God's promise of death upon disobedience was false. It was merely an empty threat.

So, why was the Serpent condemned? First of all, the devil was already condemned when he sinned in heaven and cast down to this earth. (His eternal fate was already sealed.) But he was cursed specifically in the Garden because he lied to Eve. It was her lust that led her to believe the lie!
But if god made the devil, god tempted A&E

I repeat

And your post##3569
Quote:
Originally Posted by You
Because the serpent is part of creation and God cursed all creation. Apparently, you didn't read my 3477 either?
Old 08-01-2018, 03:57 PM   #7449
boxcar

Quote:
But if god made the devil, god tempted A&E

I repeat

And your post##3569
Go back and read the James passage again. What part of that passage, don't you get? Eve was tempted by HER OWN LUST. Since the devil didn't tempt Eve, then how could a third party have tempted her!?

And more proof that the James 1 passage is right on the mark is with the fall of Lucifer himself! WHO tempted Lucifer to sin when he was in heaven (the "mountain of God")? And angels, like humans, are God's image bearers!) Scripture tells us how Lucifer fell! We're not left to guess or to make only logical inferences.

Ezek 28:12-19
12 "Son of man, take up a lamentation over the king of Tyre, and say to him, 'Thus says the Lord God,
"You had the seal of perfection,Full of wisdom and perfect in beauty.

13 "You were in Eden, the garden of God;
Every precious stone was your covering:
The ruby, the topaz, and the diamond;The beryl, the onyx, and the jasper;
The lapis, lazuli, the turquoise, and the emerald;
And the gold, the workmanship of your settings and sockets,was in you
On the day that you were created, They were prepared.

14 "You were the anointed cherub who covers,
And I placed you there.
You were on the holy mountain of God;
You walked in the midst of the stones of fire.

15[b] "You were blameless in your ways
From the day you were created,
Until unrighteousness was found in you.

16 "By the abundance of your trade
You were internally filled with violence,
And you sinned; Therefore I have cast you as profane
From the mountain of God.
And I have destroyed you, O covering cherub,
From the midst of the stones of fire.

17 "Your heart was lifted up because of your beauty;
You corrupted your wisdom by reason of your splendor.

I cast you to the ground; I put you before kings,
That they may see you.

18 "By the multitude of your iniquities,
In the unrighteousness of your trade,You profaned your sanctuaries.Therefore I have brought fire from the midst of you;
It has consumed you,
And I have turned you to ashes on the earth
In the eyes of all who see you.

19 "All who know you among the peoples Are appalled at you;
You have become terrified, And you will be no more."'"

NASB

Sin proceeded strictly from Lucifer's heart -- from within him. No one tempted Lucifer from without.
Old 08-01-2018, 05:55 PM   #7450
Hank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actor View Post
God can't kill the Devil because the Devil is God's equal. The outcome of the battle of Armageddon is not a foregone conclusion. The Devil can still win.
The Devil is way ahead on points God can only win via late KO.
Old 08-01-2018, 07:33 PM   #7451
boxcar

Quote:
You are delusional. And besides, the devil has already been defeated since Christ overcame death. It's all over save for the final curtain.
Old 08-01-2018, 09:49 PM   #7452
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Newsflash: All humans inherit Adam's sinful nature. Not the devil's.

Kids scare me. I don't like kids when they cry. I don't like them when they pout either. And I hate it when they get cranky. And I really don't like them if they they need their diaper changed. The only way kids are okay is if they're seen and never heard.
You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Boxcar the Grinch is coming to town
Old 08-01-2018, 11:29 PM   #7453
Actor
Librocubicularist

Quote:
You are delusional. And besides, the devil has already been defeated since Christ overcame death. It's all over save for the final curtain.
How do you know that? Because it's in scripture? Like the man said "consider the source."

Last edited by Actor; 08-01-2018 at 11:33 PM.
Old 08-02-2018, 06:46 AM   #7454
boxcar

Quote:
How do you know that? Because it's in scripture? Like the man said "consider the source."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jARp24AJWLk
And you know that how...by Pacino's movie?
Old 08-02-2018, 06:52 AM   #7455
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing View Post
You better watch out
You better not cry
You better not pout
I'm telling you why
Boxcar the Grinch is coming to town
Not only that but the wicked witch in the Hansel and Gretel fairy tale is an ancestor of mine....and her oven has been passed down to me over many generations.