Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 4.20 average.
Old 08-09-2019, 02:46 PM   #1831
jimmyb

Today's first race at GP. Winner #7 in deep stretch clearly come out of his path and impedes the path of the hard charging 5 who finished 3rd..

Jockey of the 5 claims foul. Stewards disallow... I had the 2nd place finisher at 11-1
jimmyb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-09-2019, 05:50 PM   #1832
dilanesp

For people who think (a la the Kentucky Derby) that jockey's claims of foul never result in DQ's, we had one in the 7th race at Del Mar on Wednesday. Jamming Eddy came down on Asaro's claim of foul. "Objection" was posted, not "Inquiry". Took down a favorite in favor of a longshot, too.
dilanesp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-13-2019, 11:34 PM   #1833
surfdog89

Cool

At Del Mar........wild riding......and officials have DQ'ED horses that I think should not have been DQED.........it's has been taking way too long .........
surfdog89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-14-2019, 12:39 AM   #1834
GMB@BP

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfdog89 View Post
At Del Mar........wild riding......and officials have DQ'ED horses that I think should not have been DQED.........it's has been taking way too long .........
Yea, there is no doubt that they are trying to tell some of these riders to calm the heck down on the riding tactics.
GMB@BP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2019, 05:27 PM   #1835
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Stewards at Saratoga don't even look at the 8th stretch run today? (8-30) Winner body checked the horse to his outside and wiped out the competition.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-30-2019, 05:46 PM   #1836
aaron

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Stewards at Saratoga don't even look at the 8th stretch run today? (8-30) Winner body checked the horse to his outside and wiped out the competition.
That was amazing. I was watching the race and not all that interested and I saw it. Sometimes you have to wonder if the stewards even watch races.
aaron is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 09-14-2019, 03:27 PM   #1837
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Declaring Pink Lloyd a non-starter in R3 today was ridiculous. Horse caused his own trouble. He also gained no advantage so there was no reason to DQ or to SCR.
Old 09-15-2019, 01:11 PM   #1838
Sea Hero

I had no bet on the 1st race at GP. I was watching it to see if the bias was still there from yesterday.

I'm posting because this is a sore point with me, and it happens all the time at Gulfstream. In the race, #7 Stingslikeabee veered into #6 Bad Boy E. J. in the stretch. No question about it, he plowed into the horse. The horse and/or jockey need to be dealt with for that.

The problem is that at the time #7 collided with #6, the horse was already brushing by to an easy win. He was already a half-length ahead and moving much better, and without contact, it would have won by a widening margin. #6 still got second, so he wasn't cost a placing, and he wouldn't have beaten the winner with a clean race.

So of course the stewards disqualified #6. If it was the jockey's fault, set him down. If it was the horse's fault, make it satisfy the judges that it is better-mannered. In no case should it be disqualified. Even California understands this logic. Why can't Florida get it?
Sea Hero is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2019, 05:42 PM   #1839
jameegray1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Hero View Post
I had no bet on the 1st race at GP. I was watching it to see if the bias was still there from yesterday.

I'm posting because this is a sore point with me, and it happens all the time at Gulfstream. In the race, #7 Stingslikeabee veered into #6 Bad Boy E. J. in the stretch. No question about it, he plowed into the horse. The horse and/or jockey need to be dealt with for that.

The problem is that at the time #7 collided with #6, the horse was already brushing by to an easy win. He was already a half-length ahead and moving much better, and without contact, it would have won by a widening margin. #6 still got second, so he wasn't cost a placing, and he wouldn't have beaten the winner with a clean race.

So of course the stewards disqualified #6. If it was the jockey's fault, set him down. If it was the horse's fault, make it satisfy the judges that it is better-mannered. In no case should it be disqualified. Even California understands this logic. Why can't Florida get it?
Agreed. By the rules 7 should have stood.
jameegray1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2019, 07:52 PM   #1840
jameegray1

By the rules of the game how does the 4 not get chucked in the 9th at Monmouth today? Impeded the 3 in the stretch and cost him 2nd place.
jameegray1 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #1841
dilanesp

Last Friday's non-DQ in the first race at Santa Anita was a little surprising to me. The came down the inside and lost a head-bob to the tiring . The head-on showed the bumped the pretty hard when the started moving down the rail.

Usually California stewards will DQ based on something like this.
Old 10-15-2019, 06:27 PM   #1842
Immortal6

Not a DQ.... buuuut

How do they not call this finish a dead heat? Seriously, tell me which horse won. The was 20-1 and the the 3-5 favorite. Stewards took about 30 seconds to give it to the such a joke. I had the ex, tri regardless but it likely cost me $400 from not having the declared at least a partial winner in a dead heat.

9th at Indiana grand.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg C7E9338E-42C5-47E1-864B-86C1BCE6E835.jpg (97.9 KB, 29 views)
Immortal6 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-15-2019, 06:50 PM   #1843
dilanesp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal6 View Post
Not a DQ.... buuuut

How do they not call this finish a dead heat? Seriously, tell me which horse won. The was 20-1 and the the 3-5 favorite. Stewards took about 30 seconds to give it to the such a joke. I had the ex, tri regardless but it likely cost me $400 from not having the declared at least a partial winner in a dead heat.

9th at Indiana grand.
I think you have a case. That looks like a DH to me.
Old 10-16-2019, 12:20 AM   #1844
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

You really can't use these pictures posted on the internet by tracks as evidence one way or another. The quality just isn't there. The real photo is better I would have to think.
Old 10-16-2019, 08:00 AM   #1845
sammy the sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
You really can't use these pictures posted on the internet by tracks as evidence one way or another. The quality just isn't there. The real photo is better I would have to think.
The so-called "REAL" photo is often NEVER seen by the public...