Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Selections

Old 03-26-2023, 07:34 AM   #1
Teach

Aqueduct: Sunday, March 26

Race One: ARMY TIMES, a first-time starter, gets my call in the "Big A" lid lifter, 6 and 1/2 furlongs, 80k MSW sprint. First, this Chad Brown-trained 3-year-old bay colt has been working well in the mornings in preparation for his first pari-mutuel start. Second, the aforementioned Brown does very well with horses entered in MSWs. Third, if there’s any residual moisture on the racetrack, this Candy Ride (Street Cry)-bred should benefit handsomely. Fourth, you can include the riding skills of Carolina, Puerto Rico’s Manny Franco. Finally you can add to the mix this colt’s dam, Paid Up Subscriber. In 2017 , she won the Gr. 3 Shuvee at Saratoga. A year earlier, this lass won the Gr. 2 Fleur de Lis at Churchill Downs. Oh, did I mention that this colt's sire, Into Mischief, has a record of 16% wins with his 1st time Starters. Others: , ,

"Walt, make a 'mental bet' and lose your mind." R.N.S.

"The important thing is what I think of myself."
"David and Lisa" (1962)

Teach is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-26-2023, 07:50 AM   #2
Teach

Race Two: In this 6 and 1/2 furlongs, 16k claimer, n2L, I’ve landed on JUST A NYQUIST. This 4-year-old filly has caught my eye because she’s taking a precipitous class-drop. Why? I do not know. Yet the fact alone catches my attention. Oscar Barrera III trains and part-owns this Uncle Mo-bred. “DD,” Dylan Davis, has the call. Davis has been riding very well. I would put Davis in the top tier of jockeys competing at Aqueduct. Furthermore, today’s “cut-back” should enhance this filly’s chances of gracing the Big A’s winner’s circle. If there’s any residual moisture, this filly will benefit from her Lemon Drop Kid breeding. I guess the only caveat is that this gal is coming back rather quickly, two weeks, from her last start, a race in which she finished 4th in 40k company. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-26-2023, 08:12 AM   #3
Teach

Race Three: In this 9-panels, one mile and an eighth, state-bred MSW, 70k route, I've selected LUCKY LUCKY LUKE. This Hard Spun-bred bay colt ran a competitive race in his class; he finished a closing 3rd. Jockey CLA Rodriguez reprises the ride for trainer David Duggan. Duggan does well with horses entered in dirt races. In his last race, at the end of February, in a large field (There was more traffic than the L.I.E. at "rush-hour), he was bumped at the break. There shouldn't be the kind of "congestion" this horse has faced in his previous two starts. From his two "lines," it looks like this Danzig-bred can "get" the 9-furlongs distance. In fact, the added "stretch" may well benefit his chances of getting his picture taken. Finally, this colt's Street Cry breeding on "the bottom" means he would be expected to benefit from any racetrack moisture. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-26-2023, 08:32 AM   #4
Teach

Race Four: Prologue, with this race, we start today's Pick-6, with a carryover. In this one mile and 1/8th 10k claimer, I'm picking ROYAL REALM. What initially caught my eye when it comes to this 5-year-old is his breeding, especially "on top," i.e., Empire Maker. This Unbridled-bred's first "connections" must have thought "they had something." They paid 250k for him. But as sometimes turns out, this Zelda Rose-bred didn't live up to expectations. Until recently, this Niagara Causeway-bred has been "making the rounds," i.e., claimed. His most recent "stop" was in a Jeffrey Englehart barn. He was claimed out of his last and now resides in a Gary Sciacca barn. Yet, let me make one thing perfectly clear: This horse can "get the distance" (I'm not sure about some of the others). He proved that two starts back. I personally believe, as they say "across the pond," he's worth "a bob or two." Andre Worrie has the call. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-26-2023, 08:43 AM   #5
Teach

Race Five: In this one-mile, 45k OC, n1x, I'm picking:
DANCING SOPHIA. This Tapit-bred filly has won two-in-a-row. She appears to be "on her game." Chris Englehart, he does very well w/horses that were winners of their last race, conditions this 4-year old. Dylan Davis reprises the ride. This Smart Strike-bred should be closing in the race's late stages. Others: , ,

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-26-2023, 08:51 AM   #6
Teach

Race Six: In this 20k claiming sprint, I've selected the Rudy Rodriguez-trainee, AIR SHOW. This Street Sense-bred is cutting back one-panel off his 2nd place finish in his last in this same company. Jaime Torres has the call. This Broken Vow-bred should be "on the engine." It is incumbent upon jockey Torres to ration out this 5-year-old bay's speed and endurance. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-26-2023, 09:03 AM   #7
Teach

Race Seven: In this 6 and 1/2 furlongs, 50k Allowance, I've landed on VICTORIOUS WAVE. This Stormy Atlantic-bred was 2nd in this same company in his last race. The slight "stretch" in today's race should help. Manny Franco reprises the ride for trainer Rob Atras (Does he still have the barn goat, Gilbert?). Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-26-2023, 09:20 AM   #8
Teach

Race Eight: My pick here in this state-bred, 6-furlongs, 72k Allowance is not for the feint o' heart. Yet, there are races on a race-card that can "separate the men from the boys," "the women from the girls." This, my friends, I believe, is one of those races. No, I'm not "off my rocker." I've taken my "meds." I'm of sound mind, but not body. Get to the point! I've chosen a 10-1 M/L longshot, BANKERS DAUGHTER. Admittedly, this Central Banker (Speightstown)-bred mare did little in her last race against similar company. Yet there was a mitigating factor; she was off a step slow (a more alert start). Moreover, in her prior race, this 6-year-old easily won. You can add to the equation a solid morning-work. Trainer Ralph D'Alessandro switches to Eric Cancel. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Old 03-26-2023, 09:32 AM   #9
Teach

Race Nine: In this afternoon’s “Big A” finale, I’m picking OLYMPIC DREAMS in this state-bred, 70k, MSW route. It should be stated that although finishing 3rd in his last in this company, this Medaglia d’Oro-bred did show improvement. As they say, “He’s heading in the right direction.” Trevor McCarthy has the call for trainer Pat Quick. Others: , , .

"David and Lisa" (1962)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: