Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 01-06-2019, 10:27 PM   #211
nomadpat

Interesting that the underdogs covered 3 of the 4. Last year, they were like 9-2 in the playoffs. Don't know if there is some logic to it (like teams are close in talent) or just a streak.
nomadpat is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 12:01 PM   #212
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Arizona Cardinals have hired a head coach for the 2019 season and they signed a fired college coach.Kliff Kingsbury was 35-40 in six years at Texas Tech before being let go last month.He did help devolp Patrick Mahomes in college but I would think letting Kingsbury be OC first might be a better way to see what he could do.He did spend several years as a backup QB in the NFL so the pro game isn't completely foreign to him.Still, I get the impression that KK was not the Cards first choice.

Fleetwood Mac, Oh Well, Part 1 (1969)

Last edited by barahona44; 01-09-2019 at 12:04 PM.
barahona44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-09-2019, 11:27 PM   #213
ultracapper

Brock Huard on sport's radio today here in Seattle speculated that his looks may have had something to do with his getting hired. He and his co-host were rambling on about it, but I never really picked up on where they were going with it. They then compared him to WA St. Cougar coach Mike Leach, which was kind of funny.

I'm pretty certain they weren't goofing around either. They were thinking his looks played a part in it.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-10-2019, 05:32 AM   #214
proximity

this will be a great test for the colts defense.

on the offensive side I think we have to stay committed to the run.
proximity is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2019, 01:06 PM   #215
burnsy
self medicated

I like both favorites in the NFC. The Rams and Saints both clinched weeks ago and then coasted through the last month of play. The Rams coach is one of those analytical guys that rests players. They had to win the last game to secure #2 and they absolutely crushed when they had to. Dallas had all they could to handle last week at home against a team the Rams beat twice. If the Rams get ahead early they will let Elliot run as many times as he wants......it just wont matter. They want you to run.....they bank on scoring 30 points or more. Same with NO, they coasted they last few weeks but their "A" game this year will be more than enough to beat the Eagles. The Eagles were in deep last week, Yeah, Foles played great, but it was a special team play that made the difference. Stopping the Bears offense is one thing, NO put 40 on them during the season at home. The Eagles secondary is really not that good. If the Eagles win this one....they are magic. I'd lay 7 to 9 points in either game.

The AFC appears to be more of a tight match up. Games I hesitate to bet on because the teams look more even. KC should win at home but they have had playoff woes for years now and the Colts look like a dangerous team peaking at just the right time. They look really good, if KC starts slow, all the ghosts of past failures begin to haunt them...if they play their game, the Colts wont keep up by just running. This game I would predict a track meet "over" but the weather is questionable. So, I just may pass the game entirely. As for the other game. My gut tells me that the Chargers are the better team. If they were home, I would love them. But, its cold up here this weekend when its been mild all winter so far. That's gonna help the Pats. Even though the Pats won all 8 at home....they have the luxury of playing the Jets, Bills, and Dolphins. This Chargers team is 13-4 and they travel, 8-1 on the road. Losing one "road game' to the Rams. That's impressive! The Pats are also limping in this year. I saw Gronk running like the "Tin Man" last year. If I could see it, I'm sure he felt it. This is it for him, his body cant take much more and he knew that last year. Gordon is done and Brady has been sluggish too, they are actually relying on the run lately. If the Chargers play a defensive game like they did last week....I'll tread lightly but take the 4 points and pray that the west coast team handles the cold. I'll wait until the last minute on this one and hope the "Homer" money comes in on the Pats too. I might even get another point by then. This team is not what they were but they got by being in the AFC East, which is just a joke of a division.

Last edited by burnsy; 01-11-2019 at 01:09 PM.
burnsy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-11-2019, 03:38 PM   #216
Marshall Bennett

Playoffs / Sat.-Sun

Rams -7
Chargers +4

Last week : 2-2
Year : 35-22
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2019, 08:57 AM   #217
barahona44

Location: Diez meses en Port St. Lucie, FL; two months in the Dominican Republic
Saturday 1/12

Chiefs (-5) over the Colts.People are getting giddy over the Colts and their streak.Giddy never ends well.Dome team in the elements usually doesn't end well either.

Rams (-7) over Cowboys.Tough game to call, if the Rams put up a couple of TD's early, this could be a rout.Big D has to keep LA off the field.

Playoffs YTD 1-3-0

Old 01-12-2019, 10:34 AM   #218
HHE10
BANNED

Cool Spread for Divisional Playoffs

Chargers +3

Chiefs -5

Rams -6.5

Saints -5.5

GO CHARGERS and GOOD LUCK TO ALL !!
HHE10 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2019, 03:24 PM   #219
Secondbest

Chiefs offense not the same without Hunt. Bad weather .Give me the points. Colts +5
Goff not playing as well since Kupp got hurt. I despise the cowboys but dallas +6 1/2 . Rooting for LA to win close.
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2019, 10:38 PM   #220
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by barahona44 View Post
Arizona Cardinals have hired a head coach for the 2019 season and they signed a fired college coach.Kliff Kingsbury was 35-40 in six years at Texas Tech before being let go last month.He did help devolp Patrick Mahomes in college but I would think letting Kingsbury be OC first might be a better way to see what he could do.He did spend several years as a backup QB in the NFL so the pro game isn't completely foreign to him.Still, I get the impression that KK was not the Cards first choice.
Yeah, he developed Mahomes into a qb that had a losing season. He had no team discipline whatsoever.

He was manzel's coach at anm, but manzeil didn't develop into an nfl qb. No bonus points there.

He allows people to say he developed baker mayfield, but he only had him for one year. No bonus points there either.

Same for Sam Webb (qb xfer to cal same year as mayfield hauling ass out of Lubbock)

So he's gotten this 'quarterback whisperer' reputation. As if it matters. The dude is a loser as a hc
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2019, 10:55 PM   #221
Secondbest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
Chiefs offense not the same without Hunt. Bad weather .Give me the points. Colts +5
Goff not playing as well since Kupp got hurt. I despise the cowboys but dallas +6 1/2 . Rooting for LA to win close.
Mahomes didn't need Hunt at all. Colts O line had a bad day. Luck must have had a dozen tips . Great job by KC defense.
Rams up by 15. Kupp? Who needs him if you rush for 250 yds half way through 4th.
Sounds like. Cowboy home game as the Dallas fans come out of the woodwork .
Secondbest is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2019, 11:23 PM   #222
barahona44

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
Yeah, he developed Mahomes into a qb that had a losing season. He had no team discipline whatsoever.

He was manzel's coach at anm, but manzeil didn't develop into an nfl qb. No bonus points there.

He allows people to say he developed baker mayfield, but he only had him for one year. No bonus points there either.

Same for Sam Webb (qb xfer to cal same year as mayfield hauling ass out of Lubbock)

So he's gotten this 'quarterback whisperer' reputation. As if it matters. The dude is a loser as a hc
Well I did say "helped".Andy Reid gets the credit for "making" him the next big QB.
An absolute head scratcher of a hire. There's a reason the Cardinals have been a POS franchise (except for that 2009-15 stretch) throughout their history going back to Chicago and St. Louis.Dumb ownership by the Bidwills.

Old 01-12-2019, 11:27 PM   #223
ElKabong

Quote:
Well I did say "helped".Andy Reid gets the credit for "making" him the next big QB.
An absolute head scratcher of a hire. There's a reason the Cardinals have been a POS franchise (except for that 2009-15 stretch) throughout their history going back to Chicago and St. Louis.Dumb ownership by the Bidwills.
Amen brother, from the first to last word.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-12-2019, 11:33 PM   #224
barahona44

Quote:
Saturday 1/12

Chiefs (-5) over the Colts.People are getting giddy over the Colts and their streak.Giddy never ends well.Dome team in the elements usually doesn't end well either.

Rams (-7) over Cowboys.Tough game to call, if the Rams put up a couple of TD's early, this could be a rout.Big D has to keep LA off the field.

Playoffs YTD 1-3-0
I was concerned that the Cowboys would try for a 2 point PAT after their final TD,make it and give me a push.Gracias a Dios Jason Garrett went by the book.And midnight approached and the Colts got on the Pumpkin Express.Kudos to them though, they went a lot further than anybody ever expected,especially after that 1-5 start.A lot of young talent.If Luck stays healthy, they will be a force the next few years.

After dicking around the last 3-4 weeks, both the Rams and Chiefs seemed much improved and back to their old selves.Should be a pair of good championship games.

Playoffs YTD. 3-3-0

Old 01-13-2019, 02:42 AM   #225
ultracapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secondbest View Post
What made you think this? They haven't missed a beat.
ultracapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply