Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 03-13-2023, 05:43 PM   #4651
lamboguy

this bank is so thoughtfull when they smell blood

Dedham Savings Logo
Your deposits are fully insured at Dedham Savings

Woman smiling, feeling peace of mind

You may have heard news coverage about Silicon Valley Bank (SVB). As you may know, local SVB branches were formerly Boston Private Bank locations.

Because some customers may have questions, we wanted to share helpful information with you:

All deposits at Dedham Savings are insured in full up to any amount, with our combined FDIC & DIF insurance coverage. This means peace of mind for customers, knowing your deposits are fully covered.
Dedham Savings has been a sound, well managed bank at the heart of our local communities since 1831, which is why so many choose us over other banks. We’re careful, deliberate, and cautious – traits that keep your money safe.
If you or someone you know has been banking with SVB, we are happy to assist with transitioning accounts to Dedham Savings. If you have additional questions or would like to move accounts from SVB to us, please reach out – we are happy to help.

Thank you for banking with Dedham Savings!

Dedham Savings is Member FDIC. Member DIF. Equal Housing LenderEqual Housing Lender. NMLS #473990. Copyright © 2023 Dedham Savings. All Rights Reserved. This advertising email was sent to you by Dedham Savings located at 55 Elm Street, Dedham, MA 02026

If you no longer wish to receive emails from us please go here.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-14-2023, 02:21 AM   #4652
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
4 PM EST....Huge announcement incoming.
So huge, I completely missed it...I think

Why do you do this all the time?
Old 03-14-2023, 03:05 PM   #4653
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Emergency rate cuts and QFS start up were to be announced...

For whatever reason, the announcement should be on wednesday the 15th at around 3:15...Early market close possible.

I try to give a heads up, but it always backfires on me.

Last edited by ReplayRandall; 03-14-2023 at 03:08 PM.
ReplayRandall is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-15-2023, 02:28 AM   #4654
lamboguy

the CEO of this silicon bank was granted stock options at $105 on February 27 and cashed them all in on the very same day for $285. the man had plenty of time left to exercise those babies, the mofo knew!

they need to make room in the prisons in America for these thieving whores along with those people scoring off the public that are elected officials with the inside scoop.

this game is more treacherous than going up against the CAW in horse race gambling.
Old 03-15-2023, 08:30 AM   #4655
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

People still care about Credit Suisse? It's plunge this morning is sending ripples out?

This stock hasn't traded above $10 since 2022...it's a POS...it was trading at $2.50 yesterday and is down to $1.80 this morning...and yet that generates headlines?

Hmmmm....
Old 03-15-2023, 08:51 AM   #4656
lamboguy

i just heard on Bloomberg that the Saudi's have declined to bail out Credi Swiss.

i remember when they bailed out the Citibank, they still own a huge chunk of that. personally speaking, i doubt that anyone is going to bailing out these banks now. i am figuring that the only reason for the bailout of the depositors in Silicon was to save the already discounted Treasury Bonds. if people pull their money out of the banks and there becomes a first class bank run, the banks will reach insolvency in short time.

on another note, it seems like the gold premiums are way up this morning from last week. that is saying the gold is in very short supply. its already been bought up by plenty of the central banks, and once they lock it up in their vaults it ain't coming out for a long long time.
Old 03-15-2023, 01:15 PM   #4657
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Silver premiums are even higher % wise than gold....Buy it NOW, if you can find it.
Old 03-15-2023, 03:39 PM   #4658
lamboguy

Quote:
Silver premiums are even higher % wise than gold....Buy it NOW, if you can find it.
that seems to be the problem, you gotta give up big premiums to buy the coins. for the time being, i bought PSLV and i will wait for a premium decrease to get the physical. supposedly, the Sprott Fund allows you to cash out with the actual silver, but you have to go to Canada for it. its not as bad as having money in the banks in this country. but Canada is also on the fractional banking system. but they are not as leveraged as in this country.
Old 03-15-2023, 05:03 PM   #4659
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

Quote:
Emergency rate cuts and QFS start up were to be announced...

For whatever reason, the announcement should be on wednesday the 15th at around 3:15...Early market close possible.

I try to give a heads up, but it always backfires on me.
Where is Powell?...What is going on?
Old 03-15-2023, 11:04 PM   #4660
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Where is Powell?...What is going on?
It's just you being wrong again...nothing unusual

Markets already priced in a rate cut of sorts...instead of .5 they think it will be .25 next time around...maybe Powell surprises by leaving rates as they are

There will be no emergency rate cut unless the DOW losses 5000+ points in one day

And even then, it probably won't help...so why bother?
Old 03-16-2023, 12:05 AM   #4661
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

It's all coming apart...and you know it. Glad to see I can make you laugh along the way DOWN.
Old 03-16-2023, 01:26 PM   #4662
lamboguy

this stock looks like a cinch as a long

Biden gave away $1.2 trillion for the infrastructure and jobs program. the Governor from the state of Texas just allowed $100 billion in projects from that money that he got. there are lawmakers in congress buying a company called ARGAN (AGX).

AGX looks like a great bet from here to benefit from all that money coming in
Old 03-16-2023, 01:38 PM   #4663
MikeH

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Markets already priced in a rate cut of sorts...instead of .5 they think it will be .25 next time around...maybe Powell surprises by leaving rates as they are.
I think the Fed is caught in the proverbial "rock and a hard place."

They've said that the SVB debacle is an abnormal one (which I agree with.)

They've already said they will be aggressive in rate hikes.

They can back down to PA's .25, but, if they don't do something, they're saying they're concerned with SVB.

"Can't have your cake and eat it also."

I think it'll be ¼%, but you won't find me in LV attempting to book a large wager on this. :-)
Old 03-16-2023, 06:24 PM   #4664
lamboguy

David Brady, a man i respect to the utmost, says that Putin is getting ready to pull the plug on the US dollar because they capped his prices on oil @ $60 per barrel. according to Brady, Putin is going to demand gold for his oil.

if there is anything that the United States doesn't like, its when someone tries to fuck with the dollar. this has the potential of being much worse than banks folding up.
Old 03-16-2023, 10:01 PM   #4665
ReplayRandall
Buckle Up

They're Going For The Crash

JUST IN - European Central Bank raises interest rates by 0.50% to 3.50%.