Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-31-2023, 03:26 PM   #16
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
He isn't the bad guy here. But I can't blame the others for not entering. Who wants to run against a Bob armada? I wouldn't.
He ran three in the Hollywood Futurity ( or the Los Al Derby ), I believe they were the top three choices, in a field of five. He lost. Not running against him is nonsense.
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2023, 03:29 PM   #17
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by the little guy View Post
He ran three in the Hollywood Futurity ( or the Los Al Derby ), I believe they were the top three choices, in a field of five. He lost. Not running against him is nonsense.
In every case his Jockeys team ride against the other contenders according to the instructions he gives them. This should be a non wagering race
Andy Asaro is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2023, 03:32 PM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Sure, but that doesn't happen all that often. Nine times out of 10 your horse would be overmatched. It is a bad situation for everyone, except Baffert.

I don't blame them for not running against a field of horses trained by the Bob Baffert. We've all seen some shady tactics employed in those scenarios.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2023, 03:42 PM   #19
the little guy

Quote:
Sure, but that doesn't happen all that often. Nine times out of 10 your horse would be overmatched. It is a bad situation for everyone, except Baffert.

I don't blame them for not running against a field of horses trained by the Bob Baffert. We've all seen some shady tactics employed in those scenarios.
Can you give me an instance of shady tactics by Bob and his horses in one of these races? Please don’t pretend the Belmont was one of them:-)
Old 01-31-2023, 03:44 PM   #20
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Asaro View Post
In every case his Jockeys team ride against the other contenders according to the instructions he gives them. This should be a non wagering race
I’ve never seen an actual instance of this. Could you please give some examples? Video would help. I have a hard time believing he is sacrificing one owner’s horse to help another’s but clearly you have evidence that I’m wrong. I would love to see it.

Thanks.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:45 PM   #21
Andy Asaro

Quote:
Can you give me an instance of shady tactics by Bob and his horses in one of these races? Please don’t pretend the Belmont was one of them:-)
Every race where anything close to this situation comes up his riders team ride against the competition. Not to mention plenty of other races where one of his riders takes out another runner in the race. This certainly isn't all on Baffert this is one of the side effects of SB1072 where takeout was raised and the bulk of that money went to guys like Baffert while the small barns went out of business. This is more on Ca racing than BB
Old 01-31-2023, 03:46 PM   #22
Andy Asaro

Quote:
I’ve never seen an actual instance of this. Could you please give some examples? Video would help. I have a hard time believing he is sacrificing one owner’s horse to help another’s but clearly you have evidence that I’m wrong. I would love to see it.

Thanks.
Your post is absurd. You're supposed to be an expert on this stuff.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:53 PM   #23
the little guy

I thought I made a pretty fair and simple request. Accusations were made. I asked for an example or two. The act of painting me as the bad guy doesn’t work with me.
Old 01-31-2023, 03:55 PM   #24
Andy Asaro

Quote:
I thought I made a pretty fair and simple request. Accusations were made. I asked for an example or two. The act of painting me as the bad guy doesn’t work with me.
Try to get out of 3th grade mode. Nobody is gonna jump through hoops for you on this issue when we've been watching it happen for decades.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:00 PM   #25
the little guy

Quote:
Try to get out of 3th grade mode. Nobody is gonna jump through hoops for you on this issue when we've been watching it happen for decades.
I admire your passion for racing, and certainly can imagine your frustrations in CA, where the racing was once incredible. However, attacking people who ask questions isn’t a good look, whether or not it has worked for you in the past.

As always, I wish you well.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:03 PM   #26
Andy Asaro

Quote:
I admire your passion for racing, and certainly can imagine your frustrations in CA, where the racing was once incredible. However, attacking people who ask questions isn’t a good look, whether or not it has worked for you in the past.

As always, I wish you well.
Please spare me with the Drama. You're asking a silly question. Stick up for the Gamblers once in a while.
Old 01-31-2023, 04:19 PM   #27
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
https://www.equibase.com/premium/eqb...AY=D&STYLE=EQB

I thought this one was quite egregious.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-31-2023, 04:38 PM   #28
the little guy

Quote:
https://www.equibase.com/premium/eqb...AY=D&STYLE=EQB

I thought this one was quite egregious.
Thanks, not a TC prep but also not a great look. I remember that one.

Appreciate it.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:24 PM   #29
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Stick up for the Gamblers once in a while.
Talk about an absurd post.
Old 01-31-2023, 06:44 PM   #30
classhandicapper

Isn't the issue more that Baffert has so many of the best potential starters in races like these, there's not much out there that fits that can potentially run against him even if they wanted to?

No one wants to run for 4th money.

It's also tough to make a living if a handful of guys around the country have almost all the best stakes horses.

That's the problem I was referring to.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-31-2023 at 06:53 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply