Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Closed Thread

Old 01-29-2019, 10:10 PM   #9346
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
If believing in lies leads to a happier existence...isn't that a worthwhile pursuit?
No, in perpetrating and perpetuating and institutionalizing a mass of lies, no, no, never...! There are lies of many colors...i’m Not singling out any in particular...the advancement of our species relies on truth-telling.

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 01-29-2019 at 10:17 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:13 PM   #9347
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by VigorsTheGrey View Post
No
Who do you think leads a happier life right now? Boxcar, (who is convinced that he is going to heaven)...or you?
Old 01-29-2019, 10:26 PM   #9348
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Who do you think leads a happier life right now? Boxcar, (who is convinced that he is going to heaven)...or you?
Boxcar’s happiness is not concerned with THIS life...”the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in (him)”... (on the other side)...he despises this life, his happiness is not of THIS world...but of the world to come...he does not, primarily, believe what he does....to be happy...IN THIS LIFE, but the next...

...I’ll live the joys and ills of this world only, thank you and I will not blaspheme the only life I’ll ever live...happy or not.

Last edited by VigorsTheGrey; 01-29-2019 at 10:28 PM.
Old 01-29-2019, 10:47 PM   #9349
thaskalos

Quote:
Boxcar’s happiness is not concerned with THIS life...”the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that shall be revealed in (him)”... (on the other side)...he despises this life, his happiness is not of THIS world...but of the world to come...he does not, primarily, believe what he does....to be happy...IN THIS LIFE, but the next...

...I’ll live the joys and ills of this world only, thank you and I will not blaspheme the only life I’ll ever live...happy or not.
IMO...it matters not whether Boxcar's happiness is concerned with this life, or the next. He has been able to convince himself that his present life has secured him an eternal heavenly life elsewhere...and that's the sort of "happiness" that overshadows whatever other happiness Boxcar could experience in his earthly life. As far as Boxcar is concerned, he has attained IMMORTALITY...and what other earthly "comfort" can compare with that?
Old 01-29-2019, 10:56 PM   #9350
Greyfox

Quote:
IMO...it matters not whether Boxcar's happiness is concerned with this life, or the next. He has been able to convince himself that his present life has secured him an eternal heavenly life elsewhere...and that's the sort of "happiness" that overshadows whatever other happiness Boxcar could experience in his earthly life. As far as Boxcar is concerned, he has attained IMMORTALITY...and what other earthly "comfort" can compare with that?
Isn't happiness and contentment what we all should seek to achieve?
I see nothing wrong with that goal.
Good on boxcar if he's done that.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:11 PM   #9351
thaskalos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox View Post
Isn't happiness and contentment what we all should seek to achieve?
I see nothing wrong with that goal.
Good on boxcar if he's done that.
Does it sound as if I see it as something "wrong"? I wish I could convince myself of the same thing...but I can't.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:26 PM   #9352
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Quote:
Then he has made HIMSELF his very own Immortal Idol: No man lives forever.
Old 01-29-2019, 11:45 PM   #9353
VigorsTheGrey
Veteran

Since man, at all times, has created the Gods in his own image, it should come as no surprise that when he worships the Deity, he worships himself....
Old 01-30-2019, 09:26 AM   #9354
Greyfox

Quote:
Since man, at all times, has created the Gods in his own image, it should come as no surprise that when he worships the Deity, he worships himself....
"Poppycock."
Old 01-30-2019, 09:41 AM   #9355
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
And I have addressed the fallacy of composition, but you're not paying attention. The above syllogism doesn't apply to the universe because by definition no part of the universe can be excluded, otherwise we're no longer talking about the universe. The universe encompasses all that is observed and postulated. Therefore, we cannot treat any one part thereof differently from the whole.
No one ever said any pat of the universe can be excluded. Where do you get this nonsense from, and what the hell does it have to do with projecting the inner workings of the universe out unto the origins of the universe itself. The fallacy of composition is one strong logical question mark. As Actor says, the burden of proof is yours if you are claiming proof for god

And as this video says at it's end.......
"What Caused God?"

Last edited by hcap; 01-30-2019 at 09:43 AM.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:47 AM   #9356
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxcar
Also, did read Doc's link that he posted? I bet you didn't.
The video I just posted sums it up nicely

Unless either one of you have anything of substance to add.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:52 AM   #9357
boxcar

Quote:
Then he has made HIMSELF his very own Immortal Idol: No man lives forever.
We were created to live forever! And God's intentions for his people will never be thwarted.

John 11:25-26
25 Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, 26 and everyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die...
NASB
Old 01-30-2019, 09:55 AM   #9358
boxcar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap View Post
No one ever said any pat of the universe can be excluded. Where do you get this nonsense from, and what the hell does it have to do with projecting the inner workings of the universe out unto the origins of the universe itself. The fallacy of composition is one strong logical question mark. As Actor says, the burden of proof is yours if you are claiming proof for god

And as this video says at it's end.......
"What Caused God?"

https://youtu.be/lJH18VqdttY
I guess the biblical writers were infinitely smarter and more clever that the worlds infidels; for they avoided the self-defeating trap of self-creation by teaching that God is eternal.

Do you even understand what "eternal" means? It means having no beginning or end.
Old 01-30-2019, 09:57 AM   #9359
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by bollixed-up-car
Why have you never addressed where in the "time arrow" the Present is in relation to the Past and Future?

And why have you never answered my question about your children? Did you teach your children to trust all strangers?
I did. You have no memory, and those idiotic comments is why I stopped posting here. Seems whenever you get stuck, (which is quite often) you babble nonsense. And please no comments re: my children from a childless misanthrope who believes his god can kill as many children and infants as he chooses (let alone farm animals) in the name of justice
Old 01-30-2019, 10:03 AM   #9360
boxcar

Quote:
You're beginning to learn! Indeed, I count all things in this life as loss -- as dung, so that I may gain Christ in the next.

However, "my" present life has not secured me an "eternal heavenly life elsewhere". My salvation has nothing to do with me or my life, but on God's sovereign grace in choosing me to be born again.