Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 01-22-2023, 05:53 PM   #1
SG4

Willpays not posted

This is the first week I got involved in the new coast to coast pick 5, and it's frustrating that I haven't seen will-pays offered before the last leg. With the previous Stronach 5 & the rapid pace of the sequence I could understand when they didn't have will-pays ready, but in this new wager they've spread out post times plenty so don't know why the inability to show payouts. Was this different last week with the wager?

It's such a disservice by tracks to do this, Gulfstream still inexplicably refuses to post pick 6 will-pays any day there are scratches in the finale (or at least even show how many tickets alive per horse). I've also never seen Parx show pick 5 will-pays since they've gone to a jackpot style wager as well. Is there nobody accountable at these outlets to assist the betting public?
SG4 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2023, 10:14 PM   #2
FRMNBRI

Quote:
Originally Posted by SG4 View Post
This is the first week I got involved in the new coast to coast pick 5, and it's frustrating that I haven't seen will-pays offered before the last leg. With the previous Stronach 5 & the rapid pace of the sequence I could understand when they didn't have will-pays ready, but in this new wager they've spread out post times plenty so don't know why the inability to show payouts. Was this different last week with the wager?

It's such a disservice by tracks to do this, Gulfstream still inexplicably refuses to post pick 6 will-pays any day there are scratches in the finale (or at least even show how many tickets alive per horse). I've also never seen Parx show pick 5 will-pays since they've gone to a jackpot style wager as well. Is there nobody accountable at these outlets to assist the betting public?
This is a topic that absolutely drives me insane. I stopped playing parx except if the philly pick 5 has a big carryover. Tracks IMO do this intentionally as they do not want players to see payouts and hedge. Why hedge when you dont know what your payouts will be? Sure you can judge to a degree by pick 4s, 5s but that can also bite you, ESPECIALLY at Parx. Maybe someone from a management perespective can explain why GP or Parx does not show pick 6 will pays or philly pick 5s. It's a shitty thing to do to the people that keep the sport going everyday.
FRMNBRI is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-22-2023, 10:32 PM   #3
hopbet

Will Pays

ALCON:
A friend contact GP pari-mutuel office , about GP not even post will pays on MANDATORY rainbow 6 going into last race . Looking for a HEDGING opportunity

HOPBET
hopbet is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2023, 05:04 AM   #4
lamboguy

sometimes they don't show payoffs because there are scratches that would change the way the calculation is done.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-23-2023, 08:35 AM   #5
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRMNBRI View Post
Tracks IMO do this intentionally as they do not want players to see payouts and hedge.
So the tracks are not interested in players betting MORE money from which the track will get their mandated takeout rate on such wagers? Track managements have many questionable reasons for doing some of the things they do - but this isn't one of them.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: