Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 10-01-2021, 07:29 AM   #2941
Big Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
My thinking has turned this way lately.

Who says the markets have to go up forever? LOL

People have gotten so accustomed to the markets just going up up up up up.

Who says it can't go down...or sideways...for YEARS and YEARS....decades, as you say.

It's quite possible. And more than likely. After all, as you point out...the future doesn't look all that bright.
I came to this same conclusion earlier this year. I believe the "buy and hold" crowd will be quite surprised.
Big Russ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2021, 08:04 AM   #2942
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tape Reader View Post
Is it the unfilled gap you are referring to?
you are to sharp for me!
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-01-2021, 03:02 PM   #2943
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by geroge.burns99 View Post
Its funny , SP 500 high 4535 .....5% off that is 4309

Todays close 4307.5.....

Just looking for any reason for it to f&*^ing ...STOP!!!!

I held back my enthusiasm today , so that I don't jinx it...

Yes, low volume but they did bounce after testing 4300....

Maybe?

geroge.burns99 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2021, 12:05 PM   #2944
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Have we seen a generational high for the Dow and S&P500? I'm talking about something that looks like the Nikkei 225's high back in '89 & '90. It reached almost 39,000 points and has not returned to that level 31 years later. It's still 10,000 points below that high.

https://yhoo.it/3uu33o3

If the Dem's are successful with all their destructive spending packages and massive tax hikes on corporations, middle class and wealthy people, it's a strong possibility. I do think this correction, IF it continues will see the Dow losing 1,000's of points in a day.
I will remain short on the markets, for now.
Just getting warmed up today. Hoping to get a bounce tomorrow, then add to my shorts. I'm no political whiz, but think the BIG spending bill doesn't make it, then the market may recover if that happens, more likely go sideways waiting for the next shoe to drop.
Old 10-04-2021, 01:07 PM   #2945
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Just getting warmed up today. Hoping to get a bounce tomorrow, then add to my shorts. I'm no political whiz, but think the BIG spending bill doesn't make it, then the market may recover if that happens, more likely go sideways waiting for the next shoe to drop.
TSLA was up $31 this morning, now it's given $30 back.
Old 10-04-2021, 09:45 PM   #2946
myohmyjustify

Evergrande of China is the black swan that quite possibly could crater the US stock markets.

Plus there could be a possibility that the world's bond markets will collapse as well due the contagion effect of another Evergrande default and bankruptcy.

This company has debts totally $300 billion. There are also too, too many Evergrande buildings in China and around the world that are EMPTY. The debts cannot be serviced with buildings empty.

The CPC of China will try and help bailout the company but don't bet on it because the Chinese economy is in deep recession.

The markets will get much worse before it's gets better. When exactly, I don't know.

Just don't be surprised when it happens.
myohmyjustify is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-04-2021, 10:27 PM   #2947
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Question, because I haven't read up on this topic AT ALL.

Is this Evergrande "crisis," due in part to COVID and all the office space that remains empty due to people still working at home?
Old 10-04-2021, 11:50 PM   #2948
fast4522

Evergrande has whole city's in China built with no residents, and is only part of the problem. I am not expert on any of this shit but I believe much of this was Pre COVID. Before COVID our economy was doing well, it can not be said that was the case inside China during that period.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-05-2021, 07:20 AM   #2949
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Question, because I haven't read up on this topic AT ALL.

Is this Evergrande "crisis," due in part to COVID and all the office space that remains empty due to people still working at home?
Who knows what their freaking problem is there....

Here , I would say a lot of the office buildings have long leases and I doubt they all expired in 2020...

Now , if you say a lot of "apartments" are vacated ..thats a different story for building owners...

During the pandemic , people were leaving their posh NYC homes and moving to out skirts of NY.....

I too was looking for a home in New Jersey and the brokers were enjoying the best times of their lives ...homes were selling like crazy ....they would be on the market for 3 days , then boom..SOLD...Overpriced, of course

I almost bought a trailer park home , hillbillies every where , till I smacked myself saying .."What the **** am I doing".....

Mike
Old 10-05-2021, 11:13 AM   #2950
lamboguy

Evergrande is only one piece of this puzzle. I'd say the natural gas prices in the UK got to be a big component of this. between their anti-energy policies, mainly anti-fracking, and the Trump tariffs, the great people in Great Britain are going to have a very hard time heating their homes and driving their cars. even if they decide to change their laws it will take much more than a year to have any effect on the price of energy. this is probably the main reason that energy prices are going to be going through the roof in the United States. i don't have any idea how the economy in this country can survive $5 or $6 or probably even more price per gallon of gasoline. 2 good things do come of this, first it might help towards the tightness in the automobile market, and it will probably lead to much less traffic.
Old 10-06-2021, 01:53 AM   #2951
lamboguy

https://seekingalpha.com/article/445...ds&sailthru_au
Old 10-11-2021, 07:12 AM   #2952
lamboguy

one man's view on crypto

this publication caters to right-leaning gold bugs (like me)

https://trendsandtrackrecords.com/co...-bitcoins-end/
Old 10-11-2021, 07:44 AM   #2953
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
this publication caters to right-leaning gold bugs (like me)

https://trendsandtrackrecords.com/co...-bitcoins-end/
thxs Lam...

Are there any ETF's that are good for commodities?
That's as far as I would go...

Mike
Old 10-11-2021, 03:29 PM   #2954
thaskalos

IMO...the biggest mistake an investor can make is to invest much-needed money in Bitcoin. And the second-biggest mistake an investor can make is to ignore bitcoin totally as an investment. I have 10% of my net worth invested in Bitcoin...and I intend to hold on to it until the Bitcoin price reaches $1,000,000.

The Bitcoin naysayers sound a lot like the internet naysayers of old, as far as I am concerned.
Old 10-11-2021, 04:00 PM   #2955
geroge.burns99
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaskalos View Post
IMO...the biggest mistake an investor can make is to invest much-needed money in Bitcoin. And the second-biggest mistake an investor can make is to ignore bitcoin totally as an investment. I have 10% of my net worth invested in Bitcoin...and I intend to hold on to it until the Bitcoin price reaches $1,000,000.

The Bitcoin naysayers sound a lot like the internet naysayers of old, as far as I am concerned.
US Government will make sure that you won't get that million...

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: