Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 07-31-2011, 05:23 AM   #151
hcap

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike at A+
Revenues WILL increase when EMPLOYMENT increases. Big corporations will sit on their money as long as Obama's caustic rhetoric against them continues. When Obama learns how to act presidential, things will START to get better. But considering the damage he's ALREADY DONE, that could be a while. Scumbags like Harry Reid and Chuck Schumer, airheads like Nancy Pelosi and Alan Grayson, criminals like Charlie Rangel and Barney Frank need to be retired.
Not quite. Big corporations have steadily moved jobs overseas. Starting way before Obama.

Cheap labor is a race to the bottom.

[YT="Globalization"]NtGykVrosHk#[/yt]
hcap is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2011, 08:46 AM   #152
porchy44

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcap
Not quite. Big corporations have steadily moved jobs overseas. Starting way before Obama.

[YT="Globalization"]NtGykVrosHk#[/yt]
This is far and away the biggest problem in our country today "outsourcing".

I believe it is a direct cause of our economic problems today. Bush passed "CAFTA" knowing full well the affects of "NAFTA". Obama pays lip service to the problem and does nothing about it. Talk about your one issue voters. That is my "one issue". I see nothing changing though. They teach kids in college outsourcing is good. Lobbyists got a hammerlock on Washington to prevent any change.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2011, 09:28 AM   #153
Mike at A+
Software Developer

And all the Japanese automakers outsource jobs HERE. There is no legal way to prevent companies from having a global presence. Don't you liberals just love the "G" word anyway?
Mike at A+ is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2011, 09:39 AM   #154
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

Only when it's used in front of Warming.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2011, 10:14 AM   #155
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Yes, and the last three president stand responsible for this. Three deranged jerks who have almost destroyed America. We should be sending mobs with torches their homes.

Clinton
Bush
Obama

The three biggest enemies this country has ever known.
Old 07-31-2011, 10:20 AM   #156
porchy44

Quote:
There is no legal way to prevent companies from having a global presence.
Treat companies that "exclusively"employ people in this country like royalty. Treat companies that outsource "like garbage". Make it more expensive to outsource. BUT its not going to happen. So the idea is moot.
porchy44 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2011, 11:38 AM   #157
ElKabong

Quote:
And all the Japanese automakers outsource jobs HERE. There is no legal way to prevent companies from having a global presence. Don't you liberals just love the "G" word anyway?
Your post is spot on.

The last 2 corp's I've worked for are Euro owned and Euro based, but have Ops set up in the US for 2 reasons:
a- they like US workers and their innovation and eager attitudes towards work. No unions, productive workers that don't have the 'you owe me' mentality that unions convey on their employers.
b- our US customer base (business owners in the US) have demanded local presence of their business.

Liberals take note, esp of "b". These same "rich individuals" that you deride and want to tax into the ground have created jobs for Americans. If not for them and our state of TX "Right To Work" laws, I'd be unemployed most likely. As would millions others
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden

Last edited by ElKabong; 07-31-2011 at 11:39 AM.
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2011, 11:51 AM   #158
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong
Your post is spot on.

The last 2 corp's I've worked for are Euro owned and Euro based, but have Ops set up in the US for 2 reasons:
a- they like US workers and their innovation and eager attitudes towards work. No unions, productive workers that don't have the 'you owe me' mentality that unions convey on their employers.
b- our US customer base (business owners in the US) have demanded local presence of their business.

Liberals take note, esp of "b". These same "rich individuals" that you deride and want to tax into the ground have created jobs for Americans. If not for them and our state of TX "Right To Work" laws, I'd be unemployed most likely. As would millions others
great post
Old 07-31-2011, 03:19 PM   #159
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Union shops are bad news for jobs.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:51 PM   #160
Mike at A+
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
Union shops are bad news for jobs.
... and productivity.
Old 07-31-2011, 03:55 PM   #161
Mike at A+
Software Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by porchy44
Treat companies that "exclusively"employ people in this country like royalty. Treat companies that outsource "like garbage". Make it more expensive to outsource. BUT its not going to happen. So the idea is moot.
Tell that to Obama. G.E. just moved their entire x-ray division to China and they paid zero taxes because Obama's buddy Jeffrey Imelt continues to be treated like "royalty".
Old 07-31-2011, 03:57 PM   #162
sonnyp

Quote:
... and productivity.

when i was a kid i grew up in a factory town. my older cousins worked in the factory and were in a strong union. they would tell me they had great jobs and i would ask what they did ? they'd answer....nothing.

now, the factory and the union are gone.

the factory happened to be G.E.

Last edited by sonnyp; 07-31-2011 at 03:59 PM.
sonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2011, 05:14 PM   #163
Khanjar

I think they should just compromise. Yeah, see, I think they should compromise because that way they can get something done. Just playing politics is not serving the American people - getting stuff done is serving the people, and you get stuff done through compromise, see?

The good of the country should come first. See, partisan bickering is not for the good of the country. I heard many Democrats on TV the last 48 hours talking about doing what's good for the country. Now I hear some Republicans saying the same thing! So that's good. . .more and more of them want to do what's best for the country.

I heard once that politics is the art of compromise. Yes, it is! And politicians practice politics, so they should also practice compromise.

Once I was interviewed for a job. He asked me what hourly wage I wanted. I said $85.00. He said we pay $8.50. I said OK. See? I compromised! That's how you get stuff done!

Also I keep hearing that the Republicans are holding America hostage. But I don't see a hostage situation here. If it was really a hostage situation they could just send in the Israelis to free the hostages, like at Entebbe. But that ain't gonna happen. So forget that hostage nonsense.

Compromise, gentlemen! Clear this thing up quickly and make a deal, because football season is right around the corner and we don't need no yelling and screaming about politics going on then. See?

Khanjar is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2011, 05:31 PM   #164
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Bad stuff comes out of compromise.
Getting stuff done is not the goal - getting the RIGHT stuff done is.
Old 07-31-2011, 05:38 PM   #165
sonnyp

if you have worthy and firm conviction, there is no compromise.

that's a politician's term for playing their game.
sonnyp is offline   Reply With Quote Reply