Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 11-28-2022, 11:16 AM   #16
Brisk Urging
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post

Why is Linda still training?
An appeal of the revocation of Linda Rice's New York trainer's license is back on the front burner of the court system about 18 months after a hearing officer for the New York State Gaming Commission concluded she committed a serious infraction of two racing regulations.

The revocation of not less than three years and a $50,000 fine recommended by the hearing officer in mid-2021 and ordered by the commission followed an eight-day hearing that stretched over months during a pandemic. A temporary restraining order put the penalty on hold pending Rice's appeal.

Rice was charged on Nov. 29, 2019, with knowingly receiving improper access to the confidential names and information about horses entered in New York overnight races before entries closed, helping her decide whether to enter horses from her own stable; and paying substantial sums of money for the information. Rice contends payments to officials were Christmas gifts.

Stop corruption at every level imagine if people only knew.

Last edited by cj; 11-28-2022 at 11:18 AM.
Brisk Urging is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 11:18 AM   #17
$w1fT
SaratogaFan1

I kinda take it that some people on here would prefer that no controversial or negative news be posted about on here.
$w1fT is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 11:18 AM   #18
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

All the edits from me are fixing quotes which posters keep botching! It isn't that hard, fellas.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 11:19 AM   #19
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post
I kinda take it that some people on here would prefer that no controversial or negative news be posted about on here.
LOL, you've got to be kidding.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:19 AM   #20
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Why is Linda still training?
The case has been held up in the courts. It is finally moving forward again after an announcement last week.

https://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-rac...n-front-burner

From the article:

Quote:
The revocation of not less than three years and a $50,000 fine recommended by the hearing officer in mid-2021 and ordered by the commission followed an eight-day hearing that stretched over months during a pandemic. A temporary restraining order put the penalty on hold pending Rice's appeal.

Attorneys for Rice, Andrew J. Turro and Daniel B. Rinaldi, filed a brief covering 71 pages on Nov. 16 in the New York Supreme Court Appellate Division. The record on review, which contains all documents and transcripts compiled in the case, was filed on the same day and contains seven volumes consisting of 4,398 pages, according to the online record.

Last edited by cj; 11-28-2022 at 11:21 AM.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 11:21 AM   #21
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
I'm OK with those who want to hold the viewpoint "once is too much" for her to ever be a steward - even if they were legal therapeutic drugs (what kind of drugs is not clear in the ruling).

But for me, one violation, 18 years ago in 2004, (it actually occurred in 2003) with the evidence of a lot of work put into building/re-building a reputation since then - vet tech, law school, harness steward accreditation, thoroughbred steward accreditation, working her way up the racing official/steward ranks in various states - doesn't disqualify her.

As far as NYRA stewards go, my greater concern personally is the state steward, Braulio Baeza, Jr., who has singular authority (other stewards only have "input") over issuing jockey suspensions. I do not hold out much hope for the policing of dangerous race riding getting better as long as he is the NY state steward.
Baeza also has authority over the official times, something he knows absolutely nothing about based on his work in this area.
Old 11-28-2022, 11:23 AM   #22
Boomer

Quote:
Originally Posted by $w1fT View Post

Not at all. For instance I think Baeza got to go.
Boomer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 11:42 AM   #23
elhelmete

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj View Post
Edited original so people can see the tweets without having to leave the site.
This ^^

Thanks, cj
elhelmete is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 12:18 PM   #24
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So a former drug trainer is now a NY Steradr.

Should fit in weill withe that group of nitwits' history of ignorance and incompetemce.
Old 11-28-2022, 01:45 PM   #25
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarchCapper View Post
What is the trick to this? I see some get the tweets to show up - but others, including myself, don't. What do I/we need to do to make that work when we want to share tweets and make it easier for others? (I currently use "Copy Link" from a Tweet and paste that link.)
It's very simple, actually.

When you see a tweet you want to embed here, open the tweet menu and select EMBED TWEET and then simply copy and paste the complete link you see after you click EMBED TWEET

Screenshots attached to better illustrate

Attached Images
File Type: gif Screenshot 2022-11-28 134618.gif (79.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: gif Screenshot 2022-11-28 134449.gif (103.4 KB, 4 views)
File Type: gif Screenshot 2022-11-28 134516.gif (180.1 KB, 6 views)

Last edited by PaceAdvantage; 11-28-2022 at 01:48 PM.
PaceAdvantage is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 11-28-2022, 02:10 PM   #26
BarchCapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It's very simple, actually.

When you see a tweet you want to embed here, open the tweet menu and select EMBED TWEET and then simply copy and paste the complete link you see after you click EMBED TWEET

Screenshots attached to better illustrate
Thank you so much first to CJ and now to PA! I did not know you could just copy the link in that box - that page makes it looks like you have to go further.

Appreciate your taking the time to do the screenshots.
BarchCapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: