Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-25-2022, 03:52 PM   #1
Track Collector
Grinding at a Poker Table

Interesting Take on Ron DeSantis

https://theconservativetreehouse.com...p/#more-238898

For those of you who think Ron DeSantis is the solution to our current problems (instead of Donald Trump), please read carefully.

An excerpt:

Keep in mind, Ron DeSantis is a governor who campaigns on his success as a governor and has been rallying exclusively for governor candidates. However, despite not endorsing the republican candidate in the Colorado state race (Heidi Ganahl), Governor DeSantis went out of his way to support the only explicitly anti-Trump Senate candidate in 2022, Joe O’Dea.

When Paul Ryan endorsed Ron DeSantis, you could argue that DeSantis never asked for it. When Jeb Bush endorsed DeSantis, again you could argue that DeSantis never asked for it. However, the transparency of DeSantis endorsing O’Dea who has stated his intent to actively campaign against any MAGA candidate… well, you can’t say that had nothing to do with DeSantis.

Face it.

This is what is clear.

The DeSantis 2024 organizers are a mixture of allied republican establishment figures, corporate party donors and former Ted Cruz base supporters (Never Trumpers) who have united in common cause to stop the MAGA working-class coalition from taking full control of the republican party. An endorsement for DeSantis from Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger is increasingly likely as soon as the midterm election is over.

Ron DeSantis is increasingly being exposed by his own actions/inactions and the actions of others.

Let us not pretend any longer.

I particularly like the Meme at the end.
Track Collector is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2022, 04:08 PM   #2
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post

For those of you who think Ron DeSantis is the solution to our current problems (instead of Donald Trump), please read carefully.

An excerpt:

Keep in mind, Ron DeSantis is a governor who campaigns on his success as a governor and has been rallying exclusively for governor candidates. However, despite not endorsing the republican candidate in the Colorado state race (Heidi Ganahl), Governor DeSantis went out of his way to support the only explicitly anti-Trump Senate candidate in 2022, Joe O’Dea.

When Paul Ryan endorsed Ron DeSantis, you could argue that DeSantis never asked for it. When Jeb Bush endorsed DeSantis, again you could argue that DeSantis never asked for it. However, the transparency of DeSantis endorsing O’Dea who has stated his intent to actively campaign against any MAGA candidate… well, you can’t say that had nothing to do with DeSantis.

Face it.

This is what is clear.

The DeSantis 2024 organizers are a mixture of allied republican establishment figures, corporate party donors and former Ted Cruz base supporters (Never Trumpers) who have united in common cause to stop the MAGA working-class coalition from taking full control of the republican party. An endorsement for DeSantis from Liz Cheney and Adam Kinzinger is increasingly likely as soon as the midterm election is over.

Ron DeSantis is increasingly being exposed by his own actions/inactions and the actions of others.

Interesting, thanks for posting. I wonder how DeSantis feels about Kari Lake?
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2022, 04:15 PM   #3
Inner Dirt

My concern is electability. I don't want a democrat pulling anti Trump votes like Biden did. Too many people can't get past Trump's personality.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2022, 05:58 PM   #4
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

The only potential candidates less qualified than he are all.....DEMOCRATS.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:05 PM   #5
JustRalph
Just another Facist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
My concern is electability. I don't want a democrat pulling anti Trump votes like Biden did. Too many people can't get past Trump's personality.
Amen!
Old 10-25-2022, 06:06 PM   #6
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Too many people can't get past Trump's personality.
The world is filled with nothing but narcissistic assholes these days. Just look at social media and today's youth.

They're all just like Trump...

Why would they have problems voting for one of their own?

That's why I've never really bought the "mean tweets" thing. It's an excuse for something else.
Old 10-25-2022, 06:24 PM   #7
Inner Dirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
The world is filled with nothing but narcissistic assholes these days. Just look at social media and today's youth.

They're all just like Trump...

Why would they have problems voting for one of their own?

That's why I've never really bought the "mean tweets" thing. It's an excuse for something else.

Most people don't own a mirror. I would bet anything Cliffy does not think he is a Democrat talking point parrot and incapable of thinking for himself. That is exactly what he is.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-25-2022, 07:12 PM   #8
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Track Collector View Post

An excerpt:

Face it.

This is what is clear.

If DeSantis becomes president and runs the country like he runs FLA I wouldn't care who supports him or whether or not he endorsed someone Trump endorsed.