Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-12-2022, 07:50 PM   #76
jocko699
Resurrectionist

The absolute disgrace about all of this is it could have been avoided by the PGA. Monahan is an idiot and could have made a lot of money for the PGA.

The PGA is not what is used to be. I for one am not a sheep that just wants things the same old same old.

I watch LIV when I can but will not be a regular watching the PGA. The broadcasts are boring and conducive to woke corporatism.
Battle is the most magnificent competition in which a human being can indulge. It brings out all that is best; it removes all that is base. All men are afraid in battle. The coward is the one who lets his fear overcome his sense of duty. Duty is the essence of manhood.
jocko699 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2022, 09:45 AM   #77
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
How many here are worth watching?
It's basically off season right now. Your premature list doesn't include scheffler or Rory, last year's top 2. Doesn't include speith and others. It's the equivalent of April in college football until January

One guy on there to watch ,is Tom Kim. Wish I had a swing like that. Only 20yo. I'm sure LIV would live to have him. Maybe Chico's Bail Bonds will make a pitch

https://news.yahoo.com/21-old-south-...230826774.html
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-13-2022, 09:56 AM   #78
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMB@BP View Post
Its amazing how everything Phil brought up for years with the PGA tour they are suddenly doing. Suddenly they found the money, just needed a little help, a little competition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO8zb5DG_gM
Funny. That was 1980 ish, moose and Rocco wouldn't scare anyone nowadays. They look kinda wimpy to me

Great movie, still a top 20
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 10-13-2022, 12:55 PM   #79
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
One guy on there to watch ,is Tom Kim. Wish I had a swing like that. Only 20yo. I'm sure LIV would live to have him. Maybe Chico's Bail Bonds will make a pitch

https://news.yahoo.com/21-old-south-...230826774.html

Tom Kim is certainly worth watching on the PGA tour. He is talented, poised, and seemingly immune to pressure. What I was mot impressed with watching the final round Sunday was his post tournament interview. He was humble and incredibly articulate for a 20 year old.
Old 10-18-2022, 03:30 PM   #80
ElKabong

Watching Keegan Bradley's reaction to his win is one reason why I love the pga tour. It's so hard win. Emotions run high

Chamblee did a video comparison of Bradley vs the winner of last week's liv tour. Like night and day.

I, like many, can relate to Bradley's emotions after a win. Life is hard most of the time, when you break through and succeed it can be overwhelming. Others notice as well and feel good for those that work hard to succeed.

Just my opinion, which is shared by some ... Chamblee included
Old 10-18-2022, 03:58 PM   #81
AndyC

Quote:
Watching Keegan Bradley's reaction to his win is one reason why I love the pga tour. It's so hard win. Emotions run high

Chamblee did a video comparison of Bradley vs the winner of last week's liv tour. Like night and day.

I, like many, can relate to Bradley's emotions after a win. Life is hard most of the time, when you break through and succeed it can be overwhelming. Others notice as well and feel good for those that work hard to succeed.

Just my opinion, which is shared by some ... Chamblee included

It would have been nice to see Bradley or Fowler win.

The final round was one big choke fest. Bradley actually shanked a bunker shot. Fowler's iron play and putting were horrible. The back nine was painful to watch.
Old 10-18-2022, 06:11 PM   #82
cj
@TimeformUSfigs

Unrelated, but seeing Fred Couples shoot a 60 to run away with a win on the Champions Tour was s fun watch, at 63 years old no less. It included a five birdie run, then finished with 7 more on the trot. Not many guys are shooting lower than their age at 63.
cj is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-18-2022, 07:28 PM   #83
PalaceOfFortLarned

Dustin Johnson made $31.6M playing in 7 tournaments and playing 21 rounds of golf. That doesn't even include his signing bonus.

https://www.nationalclubgolfer.com/n...golfer-earned/
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-20-2022, 03:27 PM   #84
ElKabong

Speaking of Dustin Johnson... He regrets joining liv. I don't blame him

https://www.tennisworldusa.org/other...re-it-s-just-/
Old 10-20-2022, 03:30 PM   #85
ElKabong

"I really regret coming here. It's just so terrible "

Said the biggest star of the liv show.

Lmao
Old 10-20-2022, 04:10 PM   #86
AndyC

Quote:
"I really regret coming here. It's just so terrible "

Said the biggest star of the liv show.

Lmao

Are you just ignoring the line before the statement in the link you posted?

"Before the event in Jeddah, Johnson decided to joke at the press conference talking about LIV Golf and Greg Norman (CEO of LIV Golf)."
Old 10-20-2022, 04:18 PM   #87
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Are you just ignoring the line before the statement in the link you posted?

"Before the event in Jeddah, Johnson decided to joke at the press conference talking about LIV Golf and Greg Norman (CEO of LIV Golf)."
Apparently, he is...or just didn't read it...happens a lot these days...the lost art of context and sarcasm.
Old 10-20-2022, 11:18 PM   #88
ElKabong

You know what Andy, I sure did. I can say I read it on my phone while .... nevermind. My bad.

Still a boring "tour" tho
Old 10-20-2022, 11:20 PM   #89
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Apparently, he is...or just didn't read it...happens a lot these days...the lost art of context and sarcasm.
Nope, it's my fault. In a hurry.

Best golfer no one sees anymore (find better in the pga tho). Dustin Johnson
Old 10-20-2022, 11:20 PM   #90
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

That would have been pretty wild if he was being serious though...