Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Sports

Old 10-09-2022, 10:58 PM   #61
ElKabong

LIV doesn't seem to be a draw, at all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksa...d-liv-players/

Rocket Mortgage, Royal Bank of Canada dropped sponsorship (Bryson DeChambeau, Dustin Johnson, Graeme McDowell).

Phil Mickelson-Amstel, KPMG, Workday - all had already pulled their sponsorship earlier. Callaway has his ass on hold for now.

Now, UPS ended their sponsorship with Lee Eastwood.

But I'm told there's still support for these ghost golfers afterall. Chico's Bail Bonds, and Sathvick's Kwickie Mart (now offering 3 locations!!) are ready to pick up the slack.
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
ElKabong is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 12:11 AM   #62
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElKabong View Post
LIV doesn't seem to be a draw, at all.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/dereksa...d-liv-players/

Rocket Mortgage, Royal Bank of Canada dropped sponsorship (Bryson DeChambeau, Dustin Johnson, Graeme McDowell).

Phil Mickelson-Amstel, KPMG, Workday - all had already pulled their sponsorship earlier. Callaway has his ass on hold for now.

Now, UPS ended their sponsorship with Lee Eastwood.

But I'm told there's still support for these ghost golfers afterall. Chico's Bail Bonds, and Sathvick's Kwickie Mart (now offering 3 locations!!) are ready to pick up the slack.
That article is from June when all the defections started. Those sponsors took a stand and did not want the image hit by backing a player who was taking "blood money" , that is all we heard about at the beginning. The climate has changed a bit since then.

As I referenced earlier about a major sponsor suggesting that the PGA and World tour should have a discussion see article:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/golf/pg...812f0bf95604e0

As a big fan of golf, it is more enjoyable when the field is as strong as possible and that goes triple for the Ryder Cup.

LIV is here now, time to work it out with regards to the event qualifying point system.

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 10-10-2022 at 12:15 AM.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2022, 06:44 AM   #63
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
That article is from June when all the defections started. Those sponsors took a stand and did not want the image hit by backing a player who was taking "blood money" , that is all we heard about at the beginning. The climate has changed a bit since then.

As I referenced earlier about a major sponsor suggesting that the PGA and World tour should have a discussion see article:

https://www.foxsports.com.au/golf/pg...812f0bf95604e0

As a big fan of golf, it is more enjoyable when the field is as strong as possible and that goes triple for the Ryder Cup.

LIV is here now, time to work it out with regards to the event qualifying point system.
Lets see if a network will pick them up....

As for sponsorship , these guys knew that they would lose it....

But it was still worth it to migrate.....

I still haven't watched a minute of golf this year

Get over it!!

Are we still pissed over Pearl Harbor , YES

But Japan is one of our closest allies

Last edited by BroadwayJoe; 10-10-2022 at 06:51 AM.
BroadwayJoe is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2022, 08:32 AM   #64
ElKabong

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
Lets see if a network will pick them up....

As for sponsorship , these guys knew that they would lose it....

But it was still worth it to migrate.....

I still haven't watched a minute of golf this year

Get over it!!

Are we still pissed over Pearl Harbor , YES

But Japan is one of our closest allies

Japan was bombed into oblivion. They no longer exist as they were in 1941.

LIV is destined to the same fate. It won't last

I haven't watched a minute of it either, and I watch about 20 hrs of golf per week
“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,” -Joe Biden
Old 10-11-2022, 08:46 AM   #65
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Japan was bombed into oblivion. They no longer exist as they were in 1941.

LIV is destined to the same fate. It won't last

I haven't watched a minute of it either, and I watch about 20 hrs of golf per week
Its was their choice to not develop .....

They could be just as powerful

others should have followed

Proud and smart people
Old 10-11-2022, 11:36 AM   #66
Cuffdaddy

This latest move in the latest concrete indicator for allowing LIV golfers to earn PGA/DP World Tour qualifying points:

https://socalgolfer.org/report-liv-g...d-to-72-holes/

Last edited by Cuffdaddy; 10-11-2022 at 11:38 AM.
Old 10-11-2022, 04:09 PM   #67
ElKabong

Quote:
This latest move in the latest concrete indicator for allowing LIV golfers to earn PGA/DP World Tour qualifying points:

https://socalgolfer.org/report-liv-g...d-to-72-holes/
Expanding events to 72 holes, when most golf fans haven't seen a single swing in an LIV event

These guys are something else.. ...
Old 10-11-2022, 06:14 PM   #68
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Expanding events to 72 holes, when most golf fans haven't seen a single swing in an LIV event

These guys are something else.. ...
Look, I get your point EK and have yet to watch but regardless it is best to have the strongest fields available in the PGA events that most do watch.

A major sponsor has now spoken up and I see just yesterday Hideki M. came out in support of allowing LIV players an avenue to earn points

LIV at the very least has proven to be nimble with their tinkering of what will work best, they are in the infant stages.
Old 10-11-2022, 10:05 PM   #69
rastajenk
Just Deplorable

The question for small-brained golf viewers like myself is Why? Is this a big investment in something that will produce a profit in the long run? (Are there charitable interests involved, like the PGA, they're big on charity distributions) Will they have to abandon their new formats in order to let its members earn world ranking points? If so, what's the point? Wouldn't it be easier to sponsor about a third of the annual events on top of the current sponsor: the LIV Honda Classic, for example.

I'm not seeing it like the AFL or ABA or anything similar that went in to new markets with a slight spin on a familiar product. These guys are playing golf. Unless they completely abandon USGA/R&A rules regarding equipment etc, and play courses designed for Wacky Golf, it's the same game. I am not seeing the appeal of a different league consisting largely of aging players past their primes.

Hideki knows the Internationals have been hurt the most by this. The Euros will feel the pinch before the Americans do, too.
rastajenk is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2022, 10:32 PM   #70
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by rastajenk View Post
The question for small-brained golf viewers like myself is Why? Is this a big investment in something that will produce a profit in the long run? (Are there charitable interests involved, like the PGA, they're big on charity distributions) Will they have to abandon their new formats in order to let its members earn world ranking points? If so, what's the point? Wouldn't it be easier to sponsor about a third of the annual events on top of the current sponsor: the LIV Honda Classic, for example.

I'm not seeing it like the AFL or ABA or anything similar that went in to new markets with a slight spin on a familiar product. These guys are playing golf. Unless they completely abandon USGA/R&A rules regarding equipment etc, and play courses designed for Wacky Golf, it's the same game. I am not seeing the appeal of a different league consisting largely of aging players past their primes.

Hideki knows the Internationals have been hurt the most by this. The Euros will feel the pinch before the Americans do, too.
It does not require much thought, or I could be under thinking it.

These guys left to play on the LIV tour due to the money. The PGA and DP Tour(to some extent) will not let them play and at this point reward points to qualify for events on those tours. The sponsors want the best fields which creates more fan viewership. It has weakened the PGA tour and the Ryder Cup, more for the Europeans yes.

So without getting into what is evident, like PGA charity work etc. It would benefit all to figure out how to let these LIV guys qualify because there are some top players and fan favorites along with players who fans love to hate that make the tournaments more enjoyable to watch

More enjoyment plus more viewers equals sponsors more willing to shell out the money.
Old 10-12-2022, 06:20 AM   #71
BroadwayJoe

How many here are worth watching?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Capture.JPG (63.1 KB, 9 views)
Old 10-12-2022, 11:11 AM   #72
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroadwayJoe View Post
How many here are worth watching?
Just last week the PGA tour had 12 of the top 50 players competing in Las Vegas while at the same time the LIV tour had 12 of the top 50 players competing in Bangkok.

That alone speaks volumes, a truce is on the horizon.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:25 AM   #73
BroadwayJoe

Quote:
Just last week the PGA tour had 12 of the top 50 players competing in Las Vegas while at the same time the LIV tour had 12 of the top 50 players competing in Bangkok.

I hope so.....

Lets ask our President what he thinks.....

Old 10-12-2022, 05:04 PM   #74
AndyC

Quote:

Pretty amazing considering that many of the LIV players were going down in rank because they were not earning points. I computed that 20 LIV golfers have been in the world top 50 in 2022. Are these the over-the-hill players referred to in a previous post?
Old 10-12-2022, 05:33 PM   #75
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyC View Post
Pretty amazing considering that many of the LIV players were going down in rank because they were not earning points. I computed that 20 LIV golfers have been in the world top 50 in 2022. Are these the over-the-hill players referred to in a previous post?
Yes, those are the same players. Label me over the hill all day long if I could be in the top 50 in the world in anything, let alone golf.