Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 10-11-2022, 05:25 PM   #1
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

California has completely lost its way...now illegal for Docs to disagree with Pols

Who or what will help them at this point?

Old 10-11-2022, 07:19 PM   #2
Poindexter

The law is beginning with "covid misinformation" but you know ultimately they will just keep becoming more and more authoritarian. Politicians telling doctors what is misinformation at the same time they have covered up any negative information about vaccines.. You think this is going to end with covid, think again. Just one more step to a completely authoritarian government and people keep voting for these people. These government officials want complete control of everything. They already have half the country brainwashed. I posted months ago that they keep pushing the envelope and pushing the envelope and nobody and nothing stops them.

We are on a fast road to a completely miserable existence and 40% if not more of the country if they read this post would label me a nut. My eyes are wide open. They are completely lost. I am hardly in love with the Republican Party but at this point if you don't blind check the Republican candidate at the next election you are doing yourself and your country a great disservice. JMO.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2022, 12:43 AM   #3
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Articles on this...in case the meme wasn't enough:

https://nypost.com/2022/10/10/califo...h-politicians/

https://www.latimes.com/science/stor...-in-california
Old 10-12-2022, 01:31 PM   #4
Stevecsd2

My hope is that the state will be sued for violation of the 1st Amendment and that it goes all the way to the Supreme Court.
Stevecsd2 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2022, 02:46 PM   #5
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Basically, you can ignore the NY Post article. It’s an opinion piece, not a news article. It’s written by a person from the ultra conservative Competitive Enterprise Institute.

The LA Times article is factual and representative of what the law will do. To begin, it only applies to conversations between the Doctor and their patient. It does not apply to posts on social media or statements at public rallies.

Since Doctor/patient conversations are privileged any disciplinary actions can only occur if the patient is harmed and complains. The issue is then adjudicated by the California medical board. This Board consists of eight physicians-all appointed by the Governor and seven public members, five of whom are appointed by the Governor with one appointed by the Speaker of the Assembly and one by the President of the Senate.

In other words, the test is not if the doctor disagrees with any politician, but whether they disagree with established medical knowledge.
Old 10-12-2022, 02:49 PM   #6
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevecsd2 View Post
My hope is that the state will be sued for violation of the 1st Amendment and that it goes all the way to the Supreme Court.
Th8s has nothing to do with the first amendment, because public speech is not being regulated. It has everything to do with the Hippocratic Oath, which starts with, “ First, do no harm.”
Old 10-12-2022, 03:37 PM   #7
Poindexter

RE In other words, the test is not if the doctor disagrees with any politician, but whether they disagree with established medical knowledge.

Exactly. The established medical knowledge throughout covid has been complete bullshit. Doctors have different opinions. What makes the "established" medical knowledge accurate?

When I was hit with covid in December, I was fortunate to get tested somewhere that had an on site doctor who asked me if I wanted a script for Hydroxy. His words to me was "I haven't lost a patient yet". Obviously I was well informed about Hydroxy at the time and was more than willing to take it. Maybe it saved my life and maybe it did nothing for me. We will never know. But what the hell gives our government any say in his advice to me and my decision on whether to take the medicine or not.

We know darn well that hydroxy is not considered effective by the (medical establishment)". Should that doctor lose hit right to practice medicine?

That is just one example. Every day we are seeing more evidence that these vaccines are not safe and not effective, yet if a doctor wants to say that I don't think it is wise to give your 10 year old a vaccine because the risk outweighs the benefit, that doctor is now subject losing his ability to practice medicine. Not everything is black and white. Sorry dude, I don't trust Government or the medical establishment and most importantly why should I have to. Your decisions should be between you and your doctor, my decisions should be between me and my doctor. Why does Gavin Newsom or the state of California or the "medical establishment" have any say in what you or I decide.

But all that aside, you just don't see the big picture. Government wants more and more control of every aspect of everybody's life. But contrary to your delusions, Government is not comprised of a bunch of caring, competent, intelligent people making the world a better place. They are a bunch of bought and paid for politicians selling their services to the highest bidder. So when Government starts interfering in something as paramount as an individuals personal health and mandating what a doctor can say to a patient, you know there is no limit to how far they are willing to go in creating ultimate power for themselves. Stop living this delusion that government gives a shit about you. They do not (at least collectively). Not only will they lead you to the edge of a cliff they will shove you down it if it is in their best interest.

Last edited by Poindexter; 10-12-2022 at 03:41 PM.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2022, 03:39 PM   #8
AndyC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
Th8s has nothing to do with the first amendment, because public speech is not being regulated. It has everything to do with the Hippocratic Oath, which starts with, “ First, do no harm.”

What could possibly go wrong when the government determines what words of a doctor will do harm?