Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 08-11-2015, 10:56 AM   #766
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Trump said it best -- as has been the case since this GOP presidential campaign began -- in the very first volley from the Fox 'journalists' asking him about his immigration theme -- when he said, and I paraphrase: 'you never would have asked this question if I didn't bring this issue up in the first place. You would have ignored it.'
He may have raised the issue, but his "solutions" are nuts.

He wants to build a huge wall on the border, paid for by Mexico. He can't say how he would get Mexico to pay for it. But they have to, according to Trump, because the Mexican government official policy is to force their criminals to illegally immigrate to the US. Asked how he knows that this is the official policy, he says that some border patrol people told him.

Even worse is his plan to deal with the illegals already here. He says that he would deport all 11 million (or 20 million or however many there are) and then sent up an expedited process to let the "good ones" come back in legally. The costs and logistics of implementing such a plan would be massive. And it would virtually destroy the lives of the millions of illegals that he claims are the "good ones" and that he thinks are good for the country.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:05 PM   #767
reckless
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
He may have raised the issue, but his "solutions" are nuts.

He wants to build a huge wall on the border, paid for by Mexico. He can't say how he would get Mexico to pay for it. But they have to, according to Trump, because the Mexican government official policy is to force their criminals to illegally immigrate to the US. Asked how he knows that this is the official policy, he says that some border patrol people told him.

Even worse is his plan to deal with the illegals already here. He says that he would deport all 11 million (or 20 million or however many there are) and then sent up an expedited process to let the "good ones" come back in legally. The costs and logistics of implementing such a plan would be massive. And it would virtually destroy the lives of the millions of illegals that he claims are the "good ones" and that he thinks are good for the country.
Building a wall and having Mexico pay for it isn't that difficult, actually. Didn't Ford Motor announce in April they are building a manufacturing plant in Mexico, spending about $2.5 billion? I don't know the number but many, many blue collar jobs in the US will go away. How is that good for the economy? Well, if Ford wants those cars sold to US citizens, then a tax (tariff) could be implemented. Ford, in turn, will lean on Mexico to ante up some moolah too.

Wall is now paid for. And this goes to every US based company that leaves and closes US manufacturing plants, fires workers and relocates to Mexico and other 3rd world countries. That's one way to handle that problem.

Sealing the border and deporting illegals is a great and important first step.

This act alone --actually it is in the US Constitution to protect our borders and sovereignty and provide security for its citizens-- will save lives in the streets and financially save the now overburdened budgets of states, cities and local communities.

It will also keep our schools, hospitals and health care facilities reasonably solvent. This invasion by illegals in this country has cost US citizens quality education and health care, jobs, safety, security and a 'future' for all American citizens.

Why are the illegal, uneducated, unskilled invader --who totally and fully refuse to assimilate-- considered more important than the US citizen and our own children?

How come progressives, liberals, Democrats and way too many Republicans need to provide for illegal 'Dreamers' unconditionally, yet just as equally ignore those US citizens' children who also want and 'dream' of a bright and happy future as well?

American Lives matter!
reckless is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2015, 12:12 PM   #768
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Build it here, sell it here.
Build it there, sell it there.

HIGH tarrifs on all cars built outside the borders.
Protect the REAL American car makers, Toyota, Honda, and Subaru.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:15 PM   #769
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by reckless
Sealing the border and deporting illegals is a great and important first step.
What is the point of deporting illegals and then expediting their legal return?

When they come back, they will be in a much worse economic situation than before, and much more willing to work for less and take more American jobs.
Old 08-11-2015, 12:39 PM   #770
lamboguy

some poll today has Trump at 31%. its going to be pretty tough to stop him from getting the nomination now no matter what Fox News or the Koch Bros. want. to stop him they are going to have to put up money for all these other stiffs to stay in the race. i guess that's how you can stop him, lets see if they put up their cash now.
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2015, 01:10 PM   #771
TJDave

Quote:
What is the point of deporting illegals and then expediting their legal return?

When they come back, they will be in a much worse economic situation than before, and much more willing to work for less and take more American jobs.
More importantly, who will manicure my lawn and clean my toilets while they are gone? These things don't just happen by themselves.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:13 PM   #772
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
More importantly, who will manicure my lawn and clean my toilets while they are gone? These things don't just happen by themselves.
There will be a lot of American citizens willing to do that once the $15/hour minimum wage goes into effect.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:59 PM   #773
TJDave

Quote:
There will be a lot of American citizens willing to do that once the $15/hour minimum wage goes into effect.
I pay more than that now.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:21 PM   #774
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy
some poll today has Trump at 31%. its going to be pretty tough to stop him from getting the nomination now no matter what Fox News or the Koch Bros. want. to stop him they are going to have to put up money for all these other stiffs to stay in the race. i guess that's how you can stop him, lets see if they put up their cash now.
It is still early enough for him to crash and burn, my gut feeling is he will not.
The other day at the shop an Asian guy said he was voting for Trump, previously he was heard many times that he does not vote. The question is if this is an anomaly that makes folks think this is their last chance?
fast4522 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2015, 05:36 PM   #775
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Quote:
There is no $15 minimum wage now and in in future that would depend on real value.

Real value counts.
Buckeye is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2015, 05:44 PM   #776
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye
There is no $15 minimum wage now and in in future that would depend on real value.

Real value counts.
I was being sarcastic. The minimum wage for cash day labor is, and always will be, $0.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:45 PM   #777
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

What is the real value of the American Dream?

Hint, it has nothing to do with fairness. Conquest yes fairness no.
Old 08-11-2015, 06:35 PM   #778
FantasticDan
gelding

[YT=""]MZqBm-EgEVw[/YT]
FantasticDan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-11-2015, 07:19 PM   #779
Buckeye
Smarty Pants

Not too funny Fantastic.

Chained to the stove, barefoot and pregnant would be more so.

Want to know the facts? Top of the food chain?

I guess you can name a Founding Mother?

The American Dream is the subject.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:41 PM   #780
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
There are a lot of them who should be FORCED to do them now, at the doing rate, or give up their free ride.