Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 41 votes, 4.54 average.
Old 08-01-2015, 03:34 PM   #601
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Politics, at the presidential level anyway, is an exercise in compromise, and when you compromise between two or more totally different agendas, you end up with chaos, and often something downright bad. The only thing that will help the country is a mass exodus of politicians, and an influx of true statesmen. That's about as likely to happen as all race tracks lowering their takeout to 5% across the board!

Excel Spreadsheet Handicapping Forum

Charter Member: Horseplayers Association of North America
raybo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2015, 04:01 PM   #602
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by raybo
Politics, at the presidential level anyway, is an exercise in compromise, and when you compromise between two or more totally different agendas, you end up with chaos, and often something downright bad. The only thing that will help the country is a mass exodus of politicians, and an influx of true statesmen. That's about as likely to happen as all race tracks lowering their takeout to 5% across the board!
That is exactly why Trump has such appeal in the first place in the "National level" Ray. "Make America Great Again" might not be good for Raybo, what is needed is a solution that might not fit into your agenda.

Problem example: Black Community problems worse than ever.
Truth is it is bad everywhere.
(Baltimore killings soar to a level unseen in 43 years) today's headline up 60% this year.
This is a cancer that has to be addressed, jobs are the only way dig out of this huge problem. This is bigger than anyone is willing to admit. The left wing has nothing, and has sold the black community out over and over. Low wage earners flooding the country does what for the black community? ZERO, death incorporated. This is only one wound that has salt being poured on it, there are so many other problems that just get more salt.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2015, 04:16 PM   #603
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

I'm sorry but, IMO, Trump isn't the one to address the problems this country faces. Donald is all about Donald, nobody else. One can't change one's own nature.

Old 08-01-2015, 04:22 PM   #604
fast4522

Quote:
I'm sorry but, IMO, Trump isn't the one to address the problems this country faces. Donald is all about Donald, nobody else. One can't change one's own nature.
That very same nature you find problems with are the ingredients for a business approach that makes things more black and white on paper with numbers. Making a buck and all of its tools are not the problem, pleasing everyone is.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2015, 05:58 PM   #605
letswastemoney

Donald Trump isn't that bad.

The one thing respectable is how he speaks his mind without regard to the consequences, which means there is a better measure of who he is.

I don't think he's a racist either. He's just frustrated with illegals, as many people are.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2015, 06:17 PM   #606
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
And that doesn't describe Hillary to a tee as well?
Old 08-01-2015, 06:21 PM   #607
raybo
EXCEL with SUPERFECTAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom
And that doesn't describe Hillary to a tee as well?
Hillary isn't the one either. She makes me feel almost as sick as Trump does.

Old 08-01-2015, 06:35 PM   #608
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Hillary isn't the one either. She makes me feel almost as sick as Trump does.
If Hillary is elected President, there will be a lot more of us blowing our brains out than if Trump (somehow) wins.....
Old 08-01-2015, 06:36 PM   #609
TJDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by letswastemoney
The one thing respectable is how he speaks his mind without regard to the consequences, which means there is a better measure of who he is.
Respectable?
Old 08-01-2015, 06:42 PM   #610
letswastemoney

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJDave
Respectable?
Yes.

Better to listen to someone's unfiltered ideas, than try to analyze whether someone is lying or not. Politicians are mostly the same because they spend too much time trying not to offend everyone.

Not saying every idea Trump has will be good, only that it is appreciated that a politician speaks what he thinks and lets the chips fall where they may.
letswastemoney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2015, 06:42 PM   #611
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Yes, the truth is always respectable and often impossible to hear.
You might not agree with what he says, but you can bet none of the others mean a thing they say....they are parroting what they think you want to hear.
Old 08-01-2015, 06:51 PM   #612
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greyfox
B.S.
ISIS has attracted numerous young recruits from around the world who have come from good homes and have strong educational backgrounds.
You gotta read past the headlines, as there there will always be dimwits that fall into the trap of a "movement".

http://www.rferl.org/contentinfograp.../26584940.html

Perhaps you can find more info on their demographics, but their core membership is from the Middle East, especially Tunisia and Jordan, not as well known for their "good homes and strong educational backgrounds". Better known for being poor Sunnis.

And note, the definition of "educated" is up for debate, as a college degree hardly is a qualification for critical thinking skills.
Old 08-01-2015, 07:07 PM   #613
Hoofless_Wonder
broken-down horseplayer

Trump may be right about McCain not being a war hero. I'm surprised nobody brought up the accusations surrounding McCain, or "Hanoi John".....

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/07...-can-of-worms/

Quote:
33 POWs faced execution for treason after Vietnam until Nixon pardoned all POWs. McCain was on the list of the 33, in fact at the head of it.

Here are the facts as we know them:

According to Colonel Ted Guy, John McCain’s commander as a POW, McCain collaborated with the enemy.
McCain is accused of giving information that led to the downing of 60 US aircraft
McCain is accused of training North Vietnamese air defense personnel
McCain is accused of making over 30 propaganda broadcasts against the US, broadcasts he moved to have classified when he was elected to the senate
I don't think The Donald is a serious candidate, but it's nice to see him take shots against the pathetic crowd of politicians we have today....
Old 08-01-2015, 07:40 PM   #614
Greyfox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
And note, the definition of "educated" is up for debate, as a college degree hardly is a qualification for critical thinking skills.
If critical thinking is the criteria for being educated, 90 out of 100 North American graduates with Bachelor's degrees aren't "educated."
I seem to recall a couple of the London bombing terrorists were in Medical School.
So I stand by my original claim, many of these nitwit recruits have come from reasonably good homes (middle class or higher) and have had a chance at a good education.
They've had the "best of the west" and yet lack such meaning in their lives that they think that service to Allah can fill the voids that they are experiencing.
Greyfox is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2015, 07:45 PM   #615
Clocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoofless_Wonder
Trump may be right about McCain not being a war hero. I'm surprised nobody brought up the accusations surrounding McCain, or "Hanoi John".....

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/07...-can-of-worms/
That article says McCain was a traitor and that this is well documented. But he provides no documentation, or any reference to such.

Quote:
These 4 accusations are the only real and supportable accusations against McCain. The evidence for these acts exists and is substantial.
McCain is well past his expiration date and should have retired long ago, but these rumors have been around for years, and have never been proven.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-me...was-a-traitor/