Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 01-18-2017, 02:36 PM   #16
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalvOnHorseracing
We have a pretty good idea why Trump won. It was a combination of having a very flawed candidate, that candidate campaigning poorly (perhaps her health was more of an issue than what we knew), that candidate having to spend more time fighting off some fake, some real attacks (Comey press conferences and pizzagate), and Trump having a message that despite being more BS than reality was exactly what a lot of people wanted to hear. The Democrats are never going to offer to build a wall, or ban all muslims, or bring back all the jobs that left for overseas. I think maybe they thought reality would triumph.

I never thought the release of the DNC emails was the straw that broke the camel's back. And if the Russians have real blame, it isn't for the email hacking, it is being part of the fake news efforts on public media against Hillary. I don't think anyone will ever prove that - it is way too easy to build a Facebook page and make up stories and anybody could have done it. I don't remember the number, but there were an amazing number of fake stories.

The Republicans were in disarray after the Bush years. They made a stout comeback. Trump's approval rating is below his disapproval rating and he hasn't even taken office. Unless he comes through on his campaign promises, he'll have problems. And if the Democrats find a charismatic candidate who can connect with millennials, they would be in a good position. Four years to the next circus. Ought to be fun.
Fake news against Hillary? What was said about her that was fake
EasyGoer89 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 03:07 PM   #17
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clocker
That's all you had to say.

Trump is shallow and insecure and pompous, but many non-Trump fans saw that and still saw him as the lesser of two evils against someone worse. The lesser evil compared to a woman who had even deeper character flaws, who could do even more damage to the country.

It wasn't the Russians or the FBI or the sexist, racist dirty white boys that made Trump a winner. It was the fact that Hillary Clinton was a loser.
If it wasn't clear, I meant Hillary was the flawed candidate. The rest of your response is irrelevant. We agreed from the get-go
HalvOnHorseracing is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 03:13 PM   #18
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
Fake news against Hillary? What was said about her that was fake
Seriously? You can look these up. All fake

WikiLeaks confirms Hillary sold weapons to ISIS … Then drops another bombshell

FBI agent suspected in Hillary email leaks found dead in apartment murder-suicide

FBI director received millions from Clinton Foundation, his brother’s law firm does Clinton’s taxes

ISIS leader calls for American Muslim voters to support Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton in 2013: ‘I would like to see people like Donald Trump run for office; they’re honest and can’t be bought

And the number 1 fake news story: Pizzagate
Old 01-18-2017, 03:24 PM   #19
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Seriously? You can look these up. All fake

WikiLeaks confirms Hillary sold weapons to ISIS … Then drops another bombshell

FBI agent suspected in Hillary email leaks found dead in apartment murder-suicide

FBI director received millions from Clinton Foundation, his brother’s law firm does Clinton’s taxes

ISIS leader calls for American Muslim voters to support Hillary Clinton

Hillary Clinton in 2013: ‘I would like to see people like Donald Trump run for office; they’re honest and can’t be bought

And the number 1 fake news story: Pizzagate
PG is fake?

How so?

I didn't see any real debunking other than a bunch of people yell FAKE I'm going to need a little more to go on.
Old 01-18-2017, 04:38 PM   #20
classhandicapper

People are quick to point out the handful of spun and hyped accusations against Clinton that impacted her campaign negatively, but they seem to have forgotten that pretty much the entire msm, the #nevertrump republicans, and half the establishment republicans did and said whatever nonsense they could think of to beat Trump right along with the democrats. It's not like it was a one way street. If anything, Trump faced down more nonsense than Hillary (and it has continued since the election).

She lost because she's a wildly corrupt liar that demonstrated a high degree of incompetence when she handled health care for her husband and as Secretary of State under Obama. On top of that, millions of people thought she would be more of the same when they wanted change. We could see that to some degree by the success of Sanders and Cruz in the primaries also.

People looked at 2 very flawed candidates and decided that Trump's lack of presidential behavior (arrogance, narcissism, sexism, lack of sensitivity etc..) was less of an issue than a guaranteed corrupt incompetent. That's what it comes down to.

The various ups and down related to Wikileaks, Comley investigations etc.. moved the polls for short periods, but for every one of those there were relentless attacks coming at Trump that would push them the other way.

Furthermore, there were things in the DNC and Podesta emails that SHOULD HAVE weighed against Clinton and the democrats.

The mainstream media refused to do their job and wikileaks exposed the corruption at the DNC and unholy relationship between the media and democrats that we all knew existed but could not prove....until now. People are complaining that the truth hurt.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 01-18-2017 at 04:48 PM.
classhandicapper is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 05:00 PM   #21
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
People are quick to point out the handful of spun and hyped accusations against Clinton that impacted her campaign negatively, but they seem to have forgotten that pretty much the entire msm, the #nevertrump republicans, and half the establishment republicans did and said whatever nonsense they could think of to beat Trump right along with the democrats. It's not like it was a one way street. If anything, Trump faced down more nonsense than Hillary (and it has continued since the election).

She lost because she's a wildly corrupt liar that demonstrated a high degree of incompetence when she handled health care for her husband and as Secretary of State under Obama. On top of that, millions of people thought she would be more of the same when they wanted change. We could see that to some degree by the success of Sanders and Cruz in the primaries also.

People looked at 2 very flawed candidates and decided that Trump's lack of presidential behavior (arrogance, narcissism, sexism, lack of sensitivity etc..) was less of an issue than a guaranteed corrupt incompetent. That's what it comes down to.

The various ups and down related to Wikileaks, Comley investigations etc.. moved the polls for short periods, but for every one of those there were relentless attacks coming at Trump that would push them the other way.

Furthermore, there were things in the DNC and Podesta emails that SHOULD HAVE weighed against Clinton and the democrats.

The mainstream media refused to do their job and wikileaks exposed the corruption at the DNC and unholy relationship between the media and democrats that we all knew existed but could not prove....until now. People are complaining that the truth hurt.
There was actual proof that dnc 'operatives' were paid to beat people up at trump rallies and blame the 'culture' of the trump supporter for those acts, and yet when the proj veritas videos came out there wasn't a peep from the mainstream. Could you imagine the uproar if trumps 'people' were paying people to cause violence at Hillary rallies?
Old 01-18-2017, 05:02 PM   #22
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyGoer89
PG is fake?

How so?

I didn't see any real debunking other than a bunch of people yell FAKE I'm going to need a little more to go on.
Well then you go right ahead and believe it. Although Comet Pizza was a real place. That pretty much ends the real part of the story.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:06 PM   #23
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Well then you go right ahead and believe it. Although Comet Pizza was a real place. That pretty much ends the real part of the story.
Some say it's real, there are legit e mails that are out in the public sphere, with 'code language' largely believed to be used by traffickers, you're an 'investigator' how about one of those long well thought out posts debunking the code language, if it's not child trafficking, what is it? It's either pedo code or it's not, if it's not pedo code, what code is it?
Old 01-18-2017, 05:16 PM   #24
HalvOnHorseracing

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper
The difference was that the MSM basically got Trump by quoting Trump. They didn't have to make stuff up. They just had to report whatever he said and talk about it incredulously. If Trump faced down more nonsense than Hillary, it was nonsense of his own making. You've got to admit, with all the stuff Trump said, there wouldn't have been time to talk about fake stuff.
Old 01-18-2017, 05:31 PM   #25
woodtoo

Quote:
The difference was that the MSM basically got Trump by quoting Trump. They didn't have to make stuff up. They just had to report whatever he said and talk about it incredulously. If Trump faced down more nonsense than Hillary, it was nonsense of his own making. You've got to admit, with all the stuff Trump said, there wouldn't have been time to talk about fake stuff.
I think you forgot about the 20 or so woman Trump accusers or the Fake CIA dossier.
woodtoo is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 05:52 PM   #26
MONEY

Here are a couple of things that anti Trumpers can do besides complaining about Trump on Paceadvantage.

Go down the page a little to find a rally near you.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...b043ad97e5c58b
"Massachusetts

Boston

Friday, Jan. 20

Resist Trump: Occupy Inauguration Boston!

6 p.m. at Boston Common’s Parkman Bandstand"

Or,
put your money where your mouth is.
http://bit.ly/2joP7qN
Old 01-18-2017, 06:57 PM   #27
jk3521
Registered Loser

Know what I think? I think that all the "Trump haters "and all the "Trump lovers" should all keep their traps shut and let the man prove ,on his own, whether he's Abraham Lincoln or Richard Nixon , or somewhere in between. You guys are unreal!
jk3521 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 07:57 PM   #28
EasyGoer89
Charm school graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
Know what I think? I think that all the "Trump haters "and all the "Trump lovers" should all keep their traps shut and let the man prove ,on his own, whether he's Abraham Lincoln or Richard Nixon , or somewhere in between. You guys are unreal!
Do you think the left will give him credit if he deserves it?
Old 01-18-2017, 08:12 PM   #29
Grits

Quote:
Originally Posted by jk3521
Outstanding idea!!! Our dear friends here, though, can't help themselves, Jk.

I like your story, Teach. Thank you.
Grits is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-18-2017, 08:36 PM   #30
classhandicapper

Quote:
Trump said a lot of really stupid stuff, but the msm spun small things into a catastrophe on a regular basis because the goal was to defeat him. They do the same thing practically every day even now. I know loads of very intelligent people that are so ridiculously mislead about what he intends to do they are more frightening to me than Trump (and I am no fan of Trump's). I feel like if all these really smart people can be this clueless because all they watch is CNN and all they read is the NY Times and WaPo, imagine how ridiculous it is among the less blessed people that are reading the totally ridiculous news sources.

I don't mean to be overly biased because you can argue the same thing about people that only watch Sean Hannity and listen to Rush, but Trump definitely had a more hostile media than Clinton.