Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 12-05-2008, 05:30 PM   #1
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Are you willing to meet up with "The Traveling Horse Playing Truck Driver"?

1st in a new series of where you could meet up with the World Famous 400lb Traveling Horse Playing Truck Driver, it is something you will never forget...

Dec 4th and Dec 5th

I will be at Prairie Meadows OTB

Friday Night and Saturday most of the day

If interested in meeting up just leave a note here

Next Stop is unknown right now.
pktruckdriver is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2008, 07:43 PM   #2
Donnie

Patrick
You gonna be there fer sure?
I could very likely meet you there!
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-05-2008, 09:44 PM   #3
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Yes Sir

I am at the Motel 6 outside the Prairie Meadows right now.

In the morning I have to have a new windshield put in the truck, which is at Bosselmans/Pilot, after that it is all up in the air.

I would love to get together, man do I have a few questions for you.
Patrick
Old 12-06-2008, 12:05 AM   #4
Donnie

PM'd you back, Patrick
Donnie is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-06-2008, 12:34 AM   #5
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Well it was a close one in Prairie Meadows, I almost hooked up with a board member. Maybe next time.

I will still be here tomorrow, Saturday, but unless I hear from someone, I may stay in and watch the football games, some good ones too.

Till the next segiment in this series

Take care
Good luck
Patrick
Old 12-17-2008, 08:14 PM   #6
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Ocala , Tampa Downs meet-up

The Next stop on this tour is Mid Florida, Ocala Area.

I will be in Ocala for the Holidays it seems starting Friday 12/19 thru the 5th of next year, 2009.

I would like to schedule a trip or 2 trips to Tampa during my stay in Florida.

Anyone interested in meeting up, please email or PM, please.

Thank you and I look forward to meeting up with PA Board memebers all across this great country.

Patrick
Old 12-25-2008, 10:10 PM   #7
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

I will be at Ocala Breeder's Sale OTB, Dec 26th playing Big A and Tampa, and maybe DD and Santa Anita in the afternoon if all goes well in the early afternoon.

So if you see a 400lb Truck Driver with an Orange Gator hat, just say hi, and give your best bet for the day, he will probally need it.

Take Care
Good luck

Patrick
Old 12-26-2008, 09:27 PM   #8
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

A recap of my Dec 26th visit to the OBS in Ocala, Florida.

I spent the day in the clubhouse restruant, the Mgr, Donna was awesome and very hospitable as was the Tote teller.

I did okay today and almost hit my 1st Pick 6 ticket , but had to sttle for
5 out of 6, which also was the best I have ever done too. Hit 105.20 for it.

So overall I would give OBS a pretty good grade , A-, as a nice quiet place to play the ponies and best of all , very nice people working there too, a rare combination to have both at one place.

My journey continues thru 2009 and my next stop on this trip will be Tampa Bay Downs Next weekend, and maybe another visit to OBS as I will be in the neighborhood all week.

Till Tampa

Take Care & Great Luck

Patrick
Old 01-01-2009, 10:08 PM   #9
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Another update on my Jouney thru this great country....

I will be in the Tampa Bay Downs Club house Friday 1/2/09

Just look for the 400lb truck driver with my bright Orange Gator Hat on.

Stop by and say hi, as I don't bite, may growl just a little...

Well take care

good luck

Patrick
Old 01-02-2009, 03:56 AM   #10
Bruddah
Veteran

We all wish you

a succesful, profitable and safe New year. May your Pic 6 finally hit and pay big.

Best Regrds
Bruddah
Bruddah is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-02-2009, 07:12 AM   #11
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

Thanks Bruddah

Please understand that the Pick 6 ticket I played was due to my software being so strong on those particular horses that day, not a normal thing.

I normally do not play Pick 6's as I am not equipped to play more than 20.00 per ticket, I am still a small time player, dreaming of bigger things someday, but my dream is still alive at least.

I wish you the best of Luck in 2009

Patrick
Old 01-03-2009, 11:09 PM   #12
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

1st.
Let me say a big thank you to rrbauer for getting us great box seats at the Finish Line on a beautiful day in Tampa for racing. Thanks to Linda who was very helpful in obtaining me a great seat the day before, and remembered the same for today, a bright spot in the staff at Tampa.

2nd.

I will finish this report about my days at Tampa, in the next day or so, and I have something to say about the service at this place and the stupid thing I did , that Hopefully you will never ever do, so stay tuned for this....

Patrick

Much thanks again rrbauer
Old 01-07-2009, 09:31 AM   #13
pktruckdriver
Sunny Daytona Beach

TBD Part II REVIEW, AND LESSON #1

Ok Part 2 of Tamapa Bay Downs report.

This took time to do, as one never wishes to report on the stupid things that you, yourself did, as you are always responsible for yourself.

1. They had no Valet for my Big Rig Truck, I was told to park almost a mile away from the clubhouse entrance.

2. This was a mistake I hope you guys never make, PLEASE PAY ATTENTION , I went to make my 1st bets, they were about 40.00, and I paid for them with a 100.00 voucher, THIS IS IMPORTANT, I was at the teller, and after I gave him my voucher, he gave me all the tickets back, WHICH I THOUGHT INCLUDED THE VOUCHER, NOW WORTH 60.00, AS THERE WAS NO OTHER TICKETS IN THE MACHINE, I mention this as I find out later, that after I gave the voucher to the teller and the amount was dedudcted to pay for my bets, THE TELLER MUST HIT A BUTTON FOR THE VOUVHER TO COME BACK OUT OF THE MACHINE, and the teller knows this too, So this is why I felt that the teller knew what he was doing and did not give back my voucher on purpose, though , please understand that it was my responsiblity to make sure my voucher was there, but WHAT I DID WAS MAKE SURE I TOOK ALL THE TICKETS THAT WERE PRINTED OUT OF THE MACHINE, WHICH SHOULD OF INCLUDED MY VOUCHER TOO, BUT IT DID NOT, AND I LOST A 60.00 VOUCHER.

2. a I went back to this teller and he verified that I gave him a 100.00 voucher, as he still had it , as I was his 1st customer that day, and he stated he knew nothing about the return voucher, now the part that made me suspicious, he was talking to the person behinD me in line, like they were best friends, and I later remembered that and the teller next to him later explained to me about the process of returning the vouchers after you give them voucher you have to be deducted from, and this guy has had a few people come back looking for vouchers, now this is all I will say about this, and CHALK THIS UP AS A LEARNING EXPERIENCE, AND LET IT LIE, SO NEXT TIME PAY BETTER ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU ARE GETTING BACK, OR YOU WILL PAY FOR IT.

3. Now this one is a pet peeve of mine, most clubhouse restaurants that I have been in have the following.

3 a. They have a nice menu, a somewhat laxed dress code, except for special occassions, and all have TV's on the tables, NOT THIS PLACE, as a dress code, pants,( in Florida ), not shorts and a collar shirt, like on the golf course, so if you go there, please be aware of this, as they also do not have TV's at the tables either, unheard of...in my opinion.

4. Now in the box seats , do not order Lemonade from the pretty girl who comes around, as they only serve Beer, not Lemonade. She claimed they were out, so I went inside and got it myself, they were not out of it, though she was very cute.

5. Now with all this said and done, LET ME SAY THIS, THE EXPERIENCE WAS OVERALL A GREAT TIME, THANKS TO RRBAUER AND TBD FOR THERE HOSPITALITY. The seats were at the finish line and the weather couldn't have been better. I would do it again , anytime they want to, I had a great time, even losing a voucher, my fault, it was fun and the guys were great.

Well I am off to Washington State and will let you know my next stop in this Great Country, when I know where and when I will be there.

Again a big time thanks to rrbauer and TBD for this afternoon.

Patrick
Old 01-07-2009, 10:14 AM   #14
RichieP

Patrick
Let me know if you wind up in the N.Y./Southern Westchester County area.I'd love to say hi!

Very best of good health and happiness to you in 2009

P.S.
Lose the salt and processed sugars. Substitute fresh fruits for the sweet tooth and try walking every day if you can. first nice and slow then if you get into it a fast brisk 20-30 minuted walk a day ok? Drink plenty of water to flush the natural sugar in the fruits. Also the water helps stabilize insulin levels in many cases. The pounds will fall off you FAST man. It IS that easy.

Then when we meet you just might be the 250 lb trucker!!

Last edited by RichieP; 01-07-2009 at 10:17 AM.
RichieP is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 01-07-2009, 10:22 AM   #15
cj's dad

If you are ever in the Baltimore/DC area let me know and I can meet you at Laurel Park. Plenty of parking for your rig also. Live running Wednesday through Saturday.

Laurel is 20 minutes from either city and right off of I-95.
No big rigs allowed on I-295.

Last edited by cj's dad; 01-07-2009 at 10:24 AM.
cj's dad is offline   Reply With Quote Reply