Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > Handicapping Software

Old 12-09-2018, 06:47 PM   #1
headhawg
crusty old guy

EquiSim PHQS formula

KyRacer mentioned this in the HHQSS thread and another member requested my formula as well. It is probably easier to post it here than to email it out so here it is. It's been a really long time since I looked at it and it might not even be complete. At the very least it will be a starting point for any ES user that wants to play around with it.
Attached Files
File Type: zip PHQSv2.zip (1.2 KB, 220 views)
Old 12-09-2018, 08:40 PM   #2
KyRacer

Thanks HH. I'm learning how to use the formula view by examining the formulas that came with the program. This is helpful.
Old 12-11-2018, 11:22 PM   #3
Zaf
Pace Cappa

Thanks HH !

Z
Old 12-14-2018, 06:05 PM   #4
headhawg
crusty old guy

Is there a formula included in the install called HH_PCR? It was something I created based on Wm Scott's Performance Class Rating. If anyone wants that I can post it here as well.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:22 AM   #5
KyRacer

Your HH_PCR was included in the install I got earlier in the year. That was one of the figures that I had planned to add, so you save me some time again. Eventually, want to have most of the figs and ratings that we read and talk about on the board.

I played around with your PHQS formula, making a version for the multicaps files. Mainly just replaced the drf speed ratings with Bris Class ratings. Haven't done any testing yet. Since Bris got rid of the Silver club membership, the files are more expensive now, so I will only be using them occasionally. I had some ideas I wanted to try with their Class and Race Ratings, but don't know if I will now. Also working with the Ray Taulbot formula that I copied from the forum before it closed and my version just using the Bris ratings.

You can still get to the Equisim site and forum through the Wayback site. Some of the treads are still there, but most are not. Another thing I want to do is to be able to use Dick Mitchell's indexing formula (100-60). If anyone has done any work with that, an example would be appreciated.

Last edited by KyRacer; 12-15-2018 at 12:26 AM.
KyRacer is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 12-15-2018, 08:50 AM   #6
headhawg
crusty old guy

Thanks for letting me know that KyRacer. I wasn't sure what came with the install as I dumped all of the formulas I had into the ES folder. I coded the Mitchell indexing into Handifast but I am not sure it can be done with an ES formula. I haven't worked with formulas in many years but if I have time I can take a look at it. Perhaps someone else tried doing the indexing.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: