Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Thoroughbred Horse Racing Discussion > General Racing Discussion

Old 05-20-2022, 11:17 AM   #1
PalaceOfFortLarned

Black-Eyed Susan Stakes

Field came up a bit light with only a single filly with a Graded Stakes win. We do get a field of 13 making it a worthwhile betting race.

Adare Manor: Left coast invader is the deserving favorite and looks to have a decided pace advantage up front. Only horse in the field with a Graded Stakes win. The one to beat.

Luna Belle: Local filly done good gets a deserving shot here. Undefeated as a 3YO and winner of 5 straight has done little wrong, and has won in all different ways. Serious challenger in seriously strong form.

Distinctlypossible: 3 career races, and all very solid for this Chad Brown entry. Runner up in G1 Alcibiades in her 2nd career race last October shows her talent. While she just broke her maiden, she has been running in big and competitive fields in all her races, so this is nothing new.

Interstatedaydream: Lightly raced Cox trained entry has ran well in her two shots against Graded Stakes company. Cross off the last on a wet track at KEE where she had an easy lead and faltered, and she is trending nicely.

Beguine: Put it all together in her last while just missing in the G3 Fantasy. Gets an upgrade in jockey for this Gun Runner progeny. Dangerous at a likely price.

Those look to be the serious contenders, with the also taking money. I'll be throwing the in on exotics and maybe a few nickels for a crazy W ticket in case we get a complete meltdown. is also a bit interesting as she is on the improve and by the 'now' sire Not This Time.
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2022, 05:32 PM   #2
PalaceOfFortLarned

Track playing fair, and you can come from well off the pace, even with marginal splits like we saw in the 12th.

WPS
EX Box
EX Box
// TRI
PalaceOfFortLarned is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2022, 05:37 PM   #3
Michael

R 13

If I get 9/1 I'll take a small position on the
Michael is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2022, 06:50 PM   #4
cardinalsfan

Can ANYONE tell me why Pimlico did not have a Daily Double from the Black-Eyed Susan to the last race. I would have had it for $20! Would have been a profit of $1,500 to 4,000. So frustrating when tracks do bone-headed things!
cardinalsfan is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-20-2022, 10:04 PM   #5
the little guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardinalsfan View Post
Can ANYONE tell me why Pimlico did not have a Daily Double from the Black-Eyed Susan to the last race. I would have had it for $20! Would have been a profit of $1,500 to 4,000. So frustrating when tracks do bone-headed things!
I assume they couldn't offer two doubles out of the same race. Right?
the little guy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply