Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 05-01-2022, 03:02 PM   #31
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I can’t do that because I cannot figure out what policies you’re talking about. I have an idea, but specifics would help.
The ones he specifically talked about during his Presidential Campaign. The same ones he acted on within one week of being in Office. Those.
Old 05-01-2022, 03:32 PM   #32
Inner Dirt

Quote:
https://ycharts.com/indicators/aluminum_price

According to this, the cost of aluminum has gone up 47%. Now that is a lot, but if your contractor charged you 200% more, someone is price gouging.

How much aluminum have you been buying lately? I don't buy a lot for a small machine shop owner, a ton or two a year as my specialty is small parts. Since you always call any Republican who disputes what you hear from your liberal sources a liar I have posted a picture of some aluminum scrap. They are set up parts and bar ends that were too short to run. I am not going to produce receipts to prove 200% price increases as XTB's contractor claimed as they are in sealed envelopes in sealed boxes for tax return purposes.

The contractor was telling the truth, and if I posted what I thought of you for implying he was lying I would get a timeout. You have slandered a business owner, who probably did a good job at a fair price. Hopefully XTB liked his work and will drop his name if someone he knows could use new rain gutters.

So funny, someone who worked for a government entity that would not survive as a private business, is so against businessmen, and thinks he knows how to run a business. So Cliff Clavin, do you mind telling me where I can buy aluminum for only 47% more than I paid in late 2020. If you can save me money I will split the difference with you. BMG metals, Ryerson, Speedy Metals, McMaster Carr and Online Metals all seem up 200%.

Can I tell you to piss off, without getting a timeout?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg AL SCRAP.jpg (379.8 KB, 2 views)
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2022, 04:33 PM   #33
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
How much aluminum have you been buying lately? I don't buy a lot for a small machine shop owner, a ton or two a year as my specialty is small parts. Since you always call any Republican who disputes what you hear from your liberal sources a liar I have posted a picture of some aluminum scrap. They are set up parts and bar ends that were too short to run. I am not going to produce receipts to prove 200% price increases as XTB's contractor claimed as they are in sealed envelopes in sealed boxes for tax return purposes.

The contractor was telling the truth, and if I posted what I thought of you for implying he was lying I would get a timeout. You have slandered a business owner, who probably did a good job at a fair price. Hopefully XTB liked his work and will drop his name if someone he knows could use new rain gutters.

So funny, someone who worked for a government entity that would not survive as a private business, is so against businessmen, and thinks he knows how to run a business. So Cliff Clavin, do you mind telling me where I can buy aluminum for only 47% more than I paid in late 2020. If you can save me money I will split the difference with you. BMG metals, Ryerson, Speedy Metals, McMaster Carr and Online Metals all seem up 200%.

Can I tell you to piss off, without getting a timeout?
What a whiny overreaction! I posted a chart showing the price went up 47%. There are several other charts showing basically the same thing. I also never said either or XTB didn’t pay 200% more. I just wondered why.
Old 05-01-2022, 04:42 PM   #34
Elkchester Road

Quote:
What a whiny overreaction! I posted a chart showing the price went up 47%. There are several other charts showing basically the same thing. I also never said either or XTB didn’t pay 200% more. I just wondered why.
In an earlier reply from you to one of my posts you said i would "probably ignore" a question you asked me. I told you not to project what you do onto me...then answered your question. You have yet to answer my follow-up question to you. Why is this??? Other than what many of us say about you.

This is your chance to defend your President's Domestic Energy Policies and Actions. Why would you pass on this opportunity???
Old 05-01-2022, 05:08 PM   #35
davew

Quote:
maybe they are not buying metric ton future contracts but aluminum product in sizes they need delivered to their operation?

maybe you can get a job with that new democrat propaganda group started in the department of homeland security?
davew is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2022, 05:24 PM   #36
xtb

Quote:
https://ycharts.com/indicators/aluminum_price

According to this, the cost of aluminum has gone up 47%. Now that is a lot, but if your contractor charged you 200% more, someone is price gouging.
My contractor did not charge me 200% more and I never said he did. He had purchased a large supply of aluminum coils last year, something like 12,000 feet. The first gutter guy I had coming no-showed 3x so I told him to take a hike. The second guy just smiled when I told him because he knew his situation. I had gotten an estimate back in Nov. '21 from the first guy but because he didn't have a stock of materials, he was paying significantly more this spring for aluminum and was losing his shirt so that's why he wasn't showing up. The second guy said the cost of the aluminum coils they use went up 200% from last year to this spring, I have no reason to doubt him. I ended up getting an outstanding job at a reasonable price and am very happy with it.

You are so quick to fact check everything someone outside your inner circle says when you don't have all the information. Did you know that gutter installers do not use raw aluminum to do their work? The aluminum has to be processed into flat sheets, painted, cut and rolled into coils. Then it has to be transported and stored. There are no doubt multiple middle men involved along the way. Aluminum downspouts are also not mined out of the ground.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2022, 05:47 PM   #37
Inner Dirt

Quote:

Your charts are BS Cliff Clavin, like I said please link me where I can buy aluminum at just 47% higher than when Biden took office. You just keep spewing liberal political talking points which are not based in reality, just BS manipulated numbers.
Inner Dirt is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2022, 06:37 PM   #38
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Your charts are BS Cliff Clavin, like I said please link me where I can buy aluminum at just 47% higher than when Biden took office. You just keep spewing liberal political talking points which are not based in reality, just BS manipulated numbers.
Exactly, Inner Dirt. He has "disappeared".
Old 05-01-2022, 08:21 PM   #39
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
The aluminum went up, the cost to ship it went uo, the cost process orders went up.......everthing goes up, idiot, it's not price gouging, it's demonomics.
Old 05-01-2022, 08:24 PM   #40
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom View Post
The aluminum went up, the cost to ship it went uo, the cost process orders went up.......everthing goes up, idiot, it's not price gouging, it's demonomics.
Truth.

Tom
Old 05-01-2022, 10:24 PM   #41
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
In an earlier reply from you to one of my posts you said i would "probably ignore" a question you asked me. I told you not to project what you do onto me...then answered your question. You have yet to answer my follow-up question to you. Why is this??? Other than what many of us say about you.

This is your chance to defend your President's Domestic Energy Policies and Actions. Why would you pass on this opportunity???
My life does not revolve around this forum. If I don’t answer you in five minutes does not mean I won’t answer you. Unfortunately your ignorance on almost every subject makes this difficult. As does your refusal to accept any facts which don’t fit your worldview.

You think Biden’s Policies concerning oil and gasoline are what is causing the spike in prices. You think stopping the Keystone pipeline had an effect on oil prices. But the pipeline was not operational and when it opened, most of the oil it transported was intended for export.

You think Biden stopped drilling on Federal lands. He did not. He froze the granting of new leases, pending review. That review is complete and on April 15 bids were opened with increased Royalties. In the meantime oil production under existing leases never faltered.

In 2021 production of fossil fuel energy was the highest of any year save one. In 2021 crude oil production was third highest in history. In 2021 petroleum production was fifth highest in history

What happened was a big drop in Consumption in early 2020 caused by the Covid pandemic. The result of that was an artificial drop in the price of gasoline. When things started to return somewhat to normal refineries had difficulty ramping up production. Add to that the loss of Russian oil/gasoline and you have the situation we are in now. None of it the result of Biden policies.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:25 PM   #42
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
Exactly, Inner Dirt. He has "disappeared".
I was away six hours. Best six hours of my life
Old 05-01-2022, 10:41 PM   #43
Elkchester Road

Quote:
My life does not revolve around this forum. If I don’t answer you in five minutes does not mean I won’t answer you. Unfortunately your ignorance on almost every subject makes this difficult. As does your refusal to accept any facts which don’t fit your worldview.

You think Biden’s Policies concerning oil and gasoline are what is causing the spike in prices. You think stopping the Keystone pipeline had an effect on oil prices. But the pipeline was not operational and when it opened, most of the oil it transported was intended for export.

You think Biden stopped drilling on Federal lands. He did not. He froze the granting of new leases, pending review. That review is complete and on April 15 bids were opened with increased Royalties. In the meantime oil production under existing leases never faltered.

In 2021 production of fossil fuel energy was the highest of any year save one. In 2021 crude oil production was third highest in history. In 2021 petroleum production was fifth highest in history

What happened was a big drop in Consumption in early 2020 caused by the Covid pandemic. The result of that was an artificial drop in the price of gasoline. When things started to return somewhat to normal refineries had difficulty ramping up production. Add to that the loss of Russian oil/gasoline and you have the situation we are in now. None of it the result of Biden policies.
You are not a good Liar. When you reply to other people's post who post AFTER me without replying to me...that is just fine. What you don't get to do is say your life doesn't revolve around this Forum when you do this. You look like a real Dreg when you LIE like this.

If what you say about Biden's Policies were true...why in the Hell are American Oil Refineries closing??? This is a problem that is beginning to spread to the rest of the World's Refineries.

Like I said...we'll see whose "worldview" the American gravitate toward come November. We'll also see who is "Ignorant" then.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:42 PM   #44
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Yeah...it was so "best" you are back here.
Old 05-01-2022, 10:50 PM   #45
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

Mine too!