Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 04-30-2022, 09:26 PM   #16
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elkchester Road View Post
I am not going to address your "numbers", as your mind is already made up about what you want to believe.
You mean you’re not going to address my numbers because you can’t. You have nothing to dispute them. Yes, my mind is made up, but at least I have numbers to back up my opinions. You have nothing.
If things are as Rosy as you paint them to be...then why the ominous report from CNN (yes, YOUR CNN)?

It’s not my CNN. I rarely watch CNN. As compared to Fox News which I never watch. MSNBC is my cable news network of choice. The problem with CNN Is that they bend over backwards to avoid being seen as favoring Democrats.
If things are as Rosy as you paint them to be...why is the President's Approval and Disapproval numbers where they are currently??? This certainly isn't reflective of the 81 million+ votes he got during the Election...and damned sure isn't the Rosy picture you paint in your reply to me. This is what I talked about in my previous post in this thread. The unmitigated Arrogance of Liberals. It is absolutely inconceivable to you people that there could be anything wrong with the Leadership of this Country...because Democrats are in charge of EVERYTHING on the Federal Level.
Here we have another essential falsehood. Democrats control the executive branch, but their control of the legislative branch is razor thin. The Senate is split 50-50 and Manchin and Sinema are anything but loyal Democrats. Add to that the fact that most legislation needs the support of 60 members to be filibuster proof. Then of course there is theSupreme Court which is bought and paid for by Republicans.

The reality is a rapidly growing number of people (says a number of Polls) say there is something VERY WRONG with the direction of the Country right now.
The so-called Direction of the Country polls are among the stupidest examples of public discourse. Republicans think anything Biden and the Democrats do is wrong. If you are a Democrat who favors forgiving student, then you are dissatisfied, if you think we should be moving faster in raising the minimum wage you’re unhappy. There are so many things we should be doing but can’t because of Republican obstructionism.

What these people also see is what this Administration...and Democrat-controlled Congress...consider a priority, vis-a-vis what they ignore (fiddling while Rome burns). The attitude that people like you have right now about the condition of Daily Life in America is EXACTLY the attitude you should keep until November. Then, when your Party, and it's Idiotic Agendas and Priorities get curb stomped in November...the real entertainment can begin watching how you Flakes deal with it.
I will ask you a question that I bet you will ignore. In that CNN piece it stated that 40% of Americans believe the economy is in poor shape. I can’t ask them so I have to ask you, since you obviously believe the same.

Why do believe that. What economic indicators lead you to that conclusion. You don’t even have to provide numbers. Just tell me what they are, ie unemployment, foreclosures, inflation etc.

ETA: The last and just about only time that the majority thought the country was headed in the right direction was after 9/11.

Last edited by mostpost; 04-30-2022 at 09:34 PM.
mostpost is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 04-30-2022, 11:13 PM   #17
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by mostpost View Post
I will ask you a question that I bet you will ignore. In that CNN piece it stated that 40% of Americans believe the economy is in poor shape. I can’t ask them so I have to ask you, since you obviously believe the same.

Why do believe that. What economic indicators lead you to that conclusion. You don’t even have to provide numbers. Just tell me what they are, ie unemployment, foreclosures, inflation etc.

ETA: The last and just about only time that the majority thought the country was headed in the right direction was after 9/11.
You would lose your bet. I have said that ANYBODY on this Forum can ask me ANY QUESTION they wish. YOU are the one who does a LOT of ignoring people on this Forum. Don't project on me.

Obviously, with 11-12 million unfilled unskilled Labor positions unfilled (this doesn't count Skilled positions) Unemployment is NOT a problem.

Foreclosures...don't know. I bought and paid for, in full, my home in October of 2007. Not saying I don't care, but...

Inflation. What has happened...has happened on Biden's watch. This is indisputable. The fact that this Administration is WAY more concerned about things that do NOT affect the daily lives of Americans than they are about the things that DO is what is most troublesome.

I do not think that this Administration, in ANY way, is doing their part in providing the best possible scenario Domestically for everyday Americans to be successful. They are more concerned about other things. For instance...the Oil/price of Gasoline situation. Why did this Administration, with so much determination, enact Domestic Policies that were so detrimental, price wise, to Americans and their way of life? And why have they refused to reverse course on any of their Domestic Agenda, which has been so harmful to everyday Americans? Like I said...Arrogance. And a lack of regard for the American Way of Life.

You are on record in this thread as saying the recovery in the 2nd Quarter of this year will be great. I will go on record and say your Party is going to pay through the Nose for their decisions during the last two years. That...and the fact that they seem a Hell of a lot less concerned about it than they should. Again...their concern is directed toward issues that everyday people don't see as important as they do. The difference between you and me is that if I am wrong about this...I will be here to eat my Crow. Can you say the same?
Old 05-01-2022, 12:59 PM   #18
Inner Dirt

Let's go Brandon! I still want to know where I can sign up for that 8% inflation. My personal inflation is more like 30-40%. The huge driver of that is aluminum, carbon steel, and stainless steel. Aluminum and stainless have more than doubled since Biden was elected. I just have to eat most of the price increases business wise for my machine shop. Most of my customers are selling items for hobbyists and collectors, if the prices get too high, they just stop buying.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2022, 01:22 PM   #19
xtb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Let's go Brandon! I still want to know where I can sign up for that 8% inflation. My personal inflation is more like 30-40%. The huge driver of that is aluminum, carbon steel, and stainless steel. Aluminum and stainless have more than doubled since Biden was elected. I just have to eat most of the price increases business wise for my machine shop. Most of my customers are selling items for hobbyists and collectors, if the prices get too high, they just stop buying.
I just had new gutters put on. The contractor told me the price of aluminum has gone up over 200% since last year.
xtb is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2022, 01:34 PM   #20
davew

Biden and his group are doing great, many things are up

now just send Ukraine a few Billion cash so he can get some back as the big guy
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2022, 01:35 PM   #21
mostpost

Quote:
You would lose your bet. I have said that ANYBODY on this Forum can ask me ANY QUESTION they wish. YOU are the one who does a LOT of ignoring people on this Forum. Don't project on me.

Obviously, with 11-12 million unfilled unskilled Labor positions unfilled (this doesn't count Skilled positions) Unemployment is NOT a problem. ?
If unemployment is not a problem then that is one aspect of the economy we can’t blame Biden for.

But let’s look at your assertion that the jobs are being filled by unskilled workers. I don’t know your definition of unskilled, but over the past year, we have added:
49,000 jobs in mining and logging.
230,000. Jobs in construction.
401,000 jobs in manufacturing.
5,634,000 in the service industry.
156,000 in wholesale trade
590,000 in retail trade.
426,000 in transportation and warehousing.
159,000 in information services
177,000 in Financial activities.
1,156,000 in business and professional services.
620,000 in Health and Education services.
154,000 in Social assistance jobs.
And 2,077,000 in Leisure and Hospitality.

That’s a lot of good paying, skilled jobs.

The information above an be found
V https://www.bls.gov/news.release/empsit.t17.htm
Old 05-01-2022, 02:15 PM   #22
Elkchester Road

Quote:
If unemployment is not a problem then that is one aspect of the economy we can’t blame Biden for.

But let’s look at your assertion that the jobs are being filled by unskilled workers. I don’t know your definition of unskilled, but over the past year, we have added:
590,000 in retail trade.

If you could read...I said in my post that, in my opinion, Unemployment is NOT a problem. Therefore... I AM NOT BLAMING BIDEN FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO THAT.

I never said anything about unskilled workers filling positions. In my opinion...people are going back to work. This NEEDS TO CONTINUE. I am not blaming Biden for any of that.

Now that has been sufficiently cleared up...even for you...how's about your give your take on what I said about this Administration...and Democrat-controlled Congress...giving the Middle Finger to the American People???
Old 05-01-2022, 02:17 PM   #23
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inner Dirt View Post
Exactly, Inner Dirt.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:21 PM   #24
mostpost

Quote:

Obviously, with 11-12 million unfilled unskilled Labor positions unfilled (this doesn't count Skilled positions) Unemployment is NOT a problem.

Foreclosures...don't know. I bought and paid for, in full, my home in October of 2007. Not saying I don't care, but...

Inflation. What has happened...has happened on Biden's watch. This is indisputable. The fact that this Administration is WAY more concerned about things that do NOT affect the daily lives of Americans than they are about the things that DO is what is most troublesome.

I do not think that this Administration, in ANY way, is doing their part in providing the best possible scenario Domestically for everyday Americans to be successful. They are more concerned about other things. For instance...the Oil/price of Gasoline situation. Why did this Administration, with so much determination, enact Domestic Policies that were so detrimental, price wise, to Americans and their way of life? And why have they refused to reverse course on any of their Domestic Agenda, which has been so harmful to everyday Americans? Like I said...Arrogance. And a lack of regard for the American Way of Life.

You are on record in this thread as saying the recovery in the 2nd Quarter of this year will be great. I will go on record and say your Party is going to pay through the Nose for their decisions during the last two years. That...and the fact that they seem a Hell of a lot less concerned about it than they should. Again...their concern is directed toward issues that everyday people don't see as important as they do. The difference between you and me is that if I am wrong about this...I will be here to eat my Crow. Can you say the same?
FORECLOSURES. I mentioned foreclosures as an example of possible problems with the economy; such as the tsunami of foreclosures that occurred in 2008 under GW Bush. I have heard nothing about an increase in foreclosures currently.

INFLATION. Inflation is a problem and needs to be addressed.
The question is, what is causing the current round to inflation.

Inflation is caused by an imbalance in Supply and Demand. Smaller supply, greater Demand means prices rise. We just went through a two year pandemic in which people did not work, they did not travel. They bought only necessities and not as many of those. When life started returning somewhat to normal, businesses were not prepared for the onslaught in demand. Nor were they prepared to move goods from one area to another. Drivers had to be rehired; in some cases hired and trained.

Then the war in Ukraine happened. Russia cut off gas supplies to the West. Supplies of wheat are also affected. It’s possible we could get gasoline flowing again by abandoning our support of Ukraine. I would choose not to do that.

Another cause of inflation is price gouging-corporations using inflation to increase prices far above what is called for by the increase in their costs. I’m sure you would support a windfall profits tax to fix that.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:22 PM   #25
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
I just had new gutters put on. The contractor told me the price of aluminum has gone up over 200% since last year.
xtb...according to some people on this Forum, everybody is just making up these increases in the Cost of Living. Either that...or we should just shut up and accept it. That's how "they"roll.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:24 PM   #26
mostpost

Quote:
If you could read...I said in my post that, in my opinion, Unemployment is NOT a problem. Therefore... I AM NOT BLAMING BIDEN FOR ANYTHING RELATED TO THAT.

I never said anything about unskilled workers filling positions. In my opinion...people are going back to work. This NEEDS TO CONTINUE. I am not blaming Biden for any of that.

Now that has been sufficiently cleared up...even for you...how's about your give your take on what I said about this Administration...and Democrat-controlled Congress...giving the Middle Finger to the American People???
I can’t do that because I cannot figure out what policies you’re talking about. I have an idea, but specifics would help.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:24 PM   #27
Inner Dirt

Quote:

590,000 in retail trade.

Those jobs weren't added, they were people going back to work that were displaced due to Covid protocols. I realize you unjustifiably think you know everything, but the rest of the population isn't as stupid as you project them to be.

My definition of unskilled would be someone who has a low level job working for the government, like a mailman.
Inner Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 05-01-2022, 02:33 PM   #28
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:

590,000 in retail trade.

Biden jobs in all these industries....
Old 05-01-2022, 02:41 PM   #29
Elkchester Road

Quote:
FORECLOSURES. I mentioned foreclosures as an example of possible problems with the economy; such as the tsunami of foreclosures that occurred in 2008 under GW Bush. I have heard nothing about an increase in foreclosures currently.

INFLATION. Inflation is a problem and needs to be addressed.
The question is, what is causing the current round to inflation.

Inflation is caused by an imbalance in Supply and Demand. Smaller supply, greater Demand means prices rise. We just went through a two year pandemic in which people did not work, they did not travel. They bought only necessities and not as many of those. When life started returning somewhat to normal, businesses were not prepared for the onslaught in demand. Nor were they prepared to move goods from one area to another. Drivers had to be rehired; in some cases hired and trained.

Then the war in Ukraine happened. Russia cut off gas supplies to the West. Supplies of wheat are also affected. It’s possible we could get gasoline flowing again by abandoning our support of Ukraine. I would choose not to do that.

Another cause of inflation is price gouging-corporations using inflation to increase prices far above what is called for by the increase in their costs. I’m sure you would support a windfall profits tax to fix that.
I am NOT supporting ANY Tax Increase of ANY kind...NO MATTER WHO IS IN CONTROL OF THE PURSE STRINGS!!! Do you understand that? I don't give a Shit...Democrat OR Republican. These Lowlife people need to do without...just like the American People do. Quit...inappropriately...spending...the ...money...
of...the....American...Taxpayer.

If you are correct about Corporations price-gouging...that problem will take care of itself. People will eventually quit paying these prices.

Are you willing to go "on record" here and say that Biden's Domestic Energy Policies are not part of the huge increase of Gasoline prices??? I am very much willing to say...they are.
Old 05-01-2022, 02:43 PM   #30
mostpost

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtb View Post
https://ycharts.com/indicators/aluminum_price

According to this, the cost of aluminum has gone up 47%. Now that is a lot, but if your contractor charged you 200% more, someone is price gouging.