Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - Trading The Financial Markets

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 9 votes, 4.11 average.
Old 07-30-2020, 11:20 PM   #2176
lamboguy

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...6d1_ex99-1.htm
lamboguy is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2020, 07:31 AM   #2177
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamboguy View Post
Thanks for posting that. I've read one of their quarterly reports previously. Mining is so complex and capital intensive, I'm amazed that any of them can make a profit doing it. I grew up near iron-ore mines, where many of my relatives worked, and iron is easier to mine than precious metals.
Old 07-31-2020, 09:49 AM   #2178
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FakeNameChanged View Post
Thanks for posting that. I've read one of their quarterly reports previously. Mining is so complex and capital intensive, I'm amazed that any of them can make a profit doing it. I grew up near iron-ore mines, where many of my relatives worked, and iron is easier to mine than precious metals.
the deal with mining is that there is only so much open pit mining. after that it gets tough. sometimes you have to dig a mile down and you don't know what you are going to get. they do geological studies to try to raise the probabilities. so when they start on a property, they build the mine and keep on exploring to see if they can find something else.

McEwen did a rotten job and overpaid for their 2 newest properties, Gold Bar and Black Fox. Black Fox looks like its going to be alright because their expenses have been coming in low now due to the weak dollar.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:12 AM   #2179
FakeNameChanged

Minerals on the moon.

Quote:
the deal with mining is that there is only so much open pit mining. after that it gets tough. sometimes you have to dig a mile down and you don't know what you are going to get. they do geological studies to try to raise the probabilities. so when they start on a property, they build the mine and keep on exploring to see if they can find something else.

McEwen did a rotten job and overpaid for their 2 newest properties, Gold Bar and Black Fox. Black Fox looks like its going to be alright because their expenses have been coming in low now due to the weak dollar.
With all the forward thinking that Elon Musk has shown, I'm somewhat surprised he's been pushing a plan to go to Mars, when the minerals rich moon, is only a short SpacEx ride away. Just think of all the specialized living habitats, and JOBS that woulds be created for something that's more accessible than Mars. I'll do some research to see how much of the data has been shared, as to mineral deposits, that NASA has discovered on the moon.
(edit): And by jobs, I mean mostly here on terra firma.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:13 AM   #2180
lamboguy

bye, bye miss american pie

the top 16 NDX stocks are all up, after that its a sea of red. those same 4 stocks are up dramatically, Amazon, NFLX, Face Book, Apple.

this is pretty intense the way i see it.

great news and market down= something wrong.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:17 AM   #2181
lamboguy

dollar back up barely over 93. this thing wants 88. these currency moves have been fast and furious and you don't have any time to make sense of them.
Old 07-31-2020, 10:52 AM   #2182
lamboguy

Kodak back down to $22

the intriguing part of this deal is that they only have a letter of commitment to get the $840 million loan. yet someone knew about the loan ahead of time and traded accordingly. those things are supposed to be pretty confidential, my guess is that it was a senator or congressman that told his friends. `

now what happens if something happens and they don't get the money?
Old 07-31-2020, 11:44 AM   #2183
lamboguy

Taylor Brands, a former Robinhooder, just filed for BK.

how many people think that Men's Wearhouse can sell suits in the middle of the corona?

dolar can't handle 93 and drops, while gold pops on its way to $2000 for the ounce. this baby going much higher, so hold on for the ride.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:48 AM   #2184
lamboguy

by the way 92.5 level for the dollar is huge. it already has bounced of that number today.
Old 07-31-2020, 11:50 AM   #2185
Saratoga_Mike
Veteran

A few days ago, Bloomberg reported that TLRD, Men's Wearhouse's parent, is very close to filing for bankruptcy. The July 22 debt trades at 2 (par is 100).
Saratoga_Mike is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 07-31-2020, 01:11 PM   #2186
FakeNameChanged

Quote:
dollar back up barely over 93. this thing wants 88. these currency moves have been fast and furious and you don't have any time to make sense of them.
I have it going to 83 or 84, but currency hasn't been my forte. My charts don't take govt. printing money under consideration.
Old 07-31-2020, 01:59 PM   #2187
PressThePace

Quote:
I have it going to 83 or 84, but currency hasn't been my forte. My charts don't take govt. printing money under consideration.
The only way to predict would be through an econometric model and considering the different variables in play at this moment in time, I'm gonna say that's almost impossible.
PressThePace is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 11:21 AM   #2188
lamboguy

this past month the S+P went up 4%, but the dollar declined 4%. a basic wash.

now if you picked the right stocks, you could have come out ahead.

the junior mining stocks are leading the charge now. most of the reason why you don't see to much insider buying is because the insiders already got plenty of their own cash in them and don't have anymore to stick in them yet. these things are tough to trade because most of them are personality stocks and you have to be in front of a screed to play them.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:37 PM   #2189
davew

Quote:
This 3/4's of Billion dollar loan that Trump gave them is a giant red flag, imo. Giving a failing film company all this money to produce hydroxy? WTH. With a hundred more capable "drug" companies already having the process to make drugs. Almost unbelievable.
They are a 'chemical' company, but I heard it was for delivery systems for the 'vaccine' that will be available soon. Glass ampules, plastic syringes, needles,...
stuff that is now coming from Asia and a supply chain barrier for fast US availability.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 08-01-2020, 07:58 PM   #2190
lamboguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by davew View Post
They are a 'chemical' company, but I heard it was for delivery systems for the 'vaccine' that will be available soon. Glass ampules, plastic syringes, needles,...
stuff that is now coming from Asia and a supply chain barrier for fast US availability.
on this thread we really don't care what Trump does, doesn't do, imagines, instigates or becomes a victim. we just care about making money.

if Trump took down a big score with this, good luck to him, he deserves it.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: