Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 2.33 average.
Old 10-10-2021, 01:38 AM   #10231
fast4522

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargieRose View Post
Children used to be allowed, even encouraged, to play outside in the dirt and mud, run barefoot in the grass, kiss puppies and dogs, etc. It was a good thing!
Sure, the birds and bee's provided much of what needed to be filled in. Who's kids our age did not get to see grasshoppers up close, always a solid understanding of times of the seasons. The lock downs are man made and do nothing to actually bring this to its end. Everything is being done to hurt small business, and nothing works to bring this to its end.
fast4522 is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 01:40 AM   #10232
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
When a new baby comes into a family. This newborn is being held and kissed and hugged by how many people a day. Well not always, there is a few on this board, I guarantee that did not happen to. The nurse stated it is becoming a big problem. It makes sense.
It is something I've heard and read about many times. It is fact.

And I had not considered this as a consequence of the lockdowns.

There are many things we have probably not considered.

BTW, we as adults suffer the same thing during the lockdown. But since our immune system is already well established, it is, of course, not as big of a problem as it might be to a newborn.

But make no mistake...locking yourself away from everyone else for months on end WILL weaken your immune system...just like not exercising weakens your muscles and makes you flabby and weak.
Old 10-10-2021, 06:14 PM   #10233
chrisl

My daughter is going through severe guilt by not letting her newborn get out or near anyone. This is what she was told to do for the good of her baby. Now she is hearing that doing that, could have done more damage. I am f'n pissed. It does not matter who suffers at the "rules" just as long as you follow them. f'k all them C@#$suckers.
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-10-2021, 06:58 PM   #10234
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisl View Post
My youngest Grandson who is 1 year old. He started a fever a couple days ago.
They took into the ER last night. He has a bacterial infection. He is being treated for it. My Daughter had an interesting talk with the nurse. We have a growing condition in Babies born during the lockdowns. They are not being exposed to normal stuff that will build there immunities, at this very important stage of there growth. Being out and around all the people that a new born goes through, really helps build there immunities. Big spike in auto immune disorders. The ultra sanitized environment and the the mask. Small incremental exposure to germs and bacteria that a new born needs to build upon. They are not getting that. I found this very interesting. My Grandboy is fine.

Glad the little guy is OK in spite og gubbermint morons.
Old 10-10-2021, 07:05 PM   #10235
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
It is something I've heard and read about many times. It is fact.

And I had not considered this as a consequence of the lockdowns.

There are many things we have probably not considered.

BTW, we as adults suffer the same thing during the lockdown. But since our immune system is already well established, it is, of course, not as big of a problem as it might be to a newborn.

But make no mistake...locking yourself away from everyone else for months on end WILL weaken your immune system...just like not exercising weakens your muscles and makes you flabby and weak.
Look what hiding in the basement did to Biden.....

Before

After

Last edited by Tom; 10-10-2021 at 07:08 PM.
Tom is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 10:39 AM   #10236
46zilzal
velocitician

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-covid-deaths

quote: Vaccination reduces the risk of dying or being hospitalised with Covid-19 by 90%, a French study of 22 million people over the age of 50 has found.

The research published on Monday also found that vaccines appear to protect against the worst effects of the most prevalent virus strain, the Delta variant.

“This means that those who are vaccinated are nine times less at risk of being hospitalised or dying from Covid-19 than those who have not been vaccinated,” the epidemiologist Mahmud Zureik, who oversaw the research, told AFP.

The study – the largest of its kind so far – was carried out by Epi-Phare a scientific group set up by France’s health system, its national health insurance fund, l’Assurance Maladie (CNAM), and the country’s medicine’s agency
Old 10-11-2021, 12:48 PM   #10237
Poindexter

Quote:
Originally Posted by 46zilzal View Post
https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-covid-deaths

quote: Vaccination reduces the risk of dying or being hospitalised with Covid-19 by 90%, a French study of 22 million people over the age of 50 has found.

The research published on Monday also found that vaccines appear to protect against the worst effects of the most prevalent virus strain, the Delta variant.

“This means that those who are vaccinated are nine times less at risk of being hospitalised or dying from Covid-19 than those who have not been vaccinated,” the epidemiologist Mahmud Zureik, who oversaw the research, told AFP.

The study – the largest of its kind so far – was carried out by Epi-Phare a scientific group set up by France’s health system, its national health insurance fund, l’Assurance Maladie (CNAM), and the country’s medicine’s agency
So how about a study of 21 to 30 year olds with no comorbidities. Obviously if you study the highest risk group you will see a huge difference in death and hospitalizations. What about young people that are very low risk of dying of covid. Convincing a 21 year old to take a experimental vaccine with a lot of bad outcomes based off of a study that includes 75 year olds is probably a little misleading, No?

I don't think a huge percentage of the over 50 population is rationally questioning whether vaccines make sense for them. It is on the healthy, young people or those who may already have natural immunity that the risk of vaccine outweighs the benefit of the vaccine, imo. They are ones that are being coerced into taking a vaccine that may lead to serious health consequences down the road, or possibly right away, trying to protect themselves from Covid. That is why vaccine mandates are pure insanity. You can't punish one group to protect another, unless you are a power hungry demoncrat or completely brainwashed like maybe 40 to 50% of our country is.

Those who get vaccinated as you show are pretty darn safe from hospitalization and death(at least through July according to your article). Problem solved The rest is overkill and either a power grab or an agenda or both.

That is one problem with taking God out of the world as demoncrats like to do. Since they don't believe in God or that there is a God, they feel that compels to them to act as if they are God and the brainwashed sheep feel Government has that right.
Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-11-2021, 01:24 PM   #10238
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

So 46, if you are so GD safe, WTF is it that makes you obsess with me getting vaxxed?
Old 10-11-2021, 05:10 PM   #10239
classhandicapper

For those of you wondering how common breakthrough cases are, two of my friends, their daughter, & their aide all just caught Covid.

All were vaccinated.

One already had his booster.

Two of the four wound up in the hospital.

One is still in the hospital (over a week) and is on oxygen now.

I just texted with the one in the hospital. He's one of the toughest guys I've ever known. He told me it's the worst thing he's ever experienced. He's 63 and already had his booster, yet he got the worst case.

Not only is vaccination not a get out of jail free card, it's simply not very good after "x" months have passed.

Last edited by classhandicapper; 10-11-2021 at 05:13 PM.
classhandicapper is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 02:07 PM   #10240
chrisl

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post
For those of you wondering how common breakthrough cases are, two of my friends, their daughter, & their aide all just caught Covid.

All were vaccinated.

I just texted with the one in the hospital. He's one of the toughest guys I've ever known. He told me it's the worst thing he's ever experienced. He's 63 and already had his booster, yet he got the worst case.

Not only is vaccination not a get out of jail free card, it's simply not very good after "x" months have passed.
I wish a speedy recovery for your friend’s. Very scary stuff
chrisl is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 02:14 PM   #10241
Rex Phinney

Quote:
Originally Posted by classhandicapper View Post

All were vaccinated.

By January 1, 2022 I predict that 90% of all new cases will be among vaccinated people.

Noone is paying attention but the effectiveness of the vaccines after a few months is comically low.
Rex Phinney is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 02:16 PM   #10242
tucker6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex Phinney View Post
By January 1, 2022 I predict that 90% of all new cases will be among vaccinated people.

Noone is paying attention but the effectiveness of the vaccines after a few months is comically low.
but no one wants to point out that the immunity of those who've had the illness is far higher. That fact would make vaccination rates go down.
tucker6 is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 10-12-2021, 02:20 PM   #10243
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker6 View Post
but no one wants to point out that the immunity of those who've had the illness is far higher. That fact would make vaccination rates go down.
Old 05-27-2022, 03:57 PM   #10244
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Can you believe there hasn't been a post in this thread in the past SEVEN months? Whaaaaatttttt?

Oh look...

SCIENCE!

Old 05-27-2022, 04:08 PM   #10245
Elkchester Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
Can you believe there hasn't been a post in this thread in the past SEVEN months? Whaaaaatttttt?

Oh look...

SCIENCE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8hrHUObpOI
Crazy.

I guess since that Narrative has come and gone...the Goose-Steppers have 1) no narrative to defend, and 2) nobody to defend it against.

To the Powers that be...mission accomplished...I suppose.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: