Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board

Go Back   Horse Racing Forum - PaceAdvantage.Com - Horse Racing Message Board > Off Topic > Off Topic - General

Old 03-03-2022, 10:14 PM   #436
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

Meanwhile:

Donations in cryptocurrencies such as bitcoin and ethereum are pouring into Ukraine as the war with Russia enters its second week.

Since Moscow invaded on Feb. 24, over 102,000 cryptoasset donations, totaling $54.7 million, have gone to the Ukrainian government and Come Back Alive, an NGO providing support to the military, according to new data from blockchain analytics firm Elliptic.

Donations have also come in the form of nonfungible tokens and stablecoins like tether.

LMAO

I'm sure none of that $$$ will be mishandled in any way shape or form...

What a shitshow...

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/03/03/ukra...ssian-war.html

Now I'm starting to believe RR...what is this world coming to?

The term NGO makes my skin crawl, btw
Old 03-03-2022, 10:30 PM   #437
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
Why bother presenting facts.
No, You're not paying attention.
American & Canadian oil companies invested hundreds of millions of dollars on the Keystone XL pipeline, which they had a legal permit to build. On his 1st day in office President Biden revoked their permit and all of their investment was lost.
Now the oil companies are reluctant to begin any costly new mining ventures, because they are scared that President Biden might shut them down just like he did before.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:05 PM   #438
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.Rosa View Post
No, You're not paying attention.
American & Canadian oil companies invested hundreds of millions of dollars on the Keystone XL pipeline, which they had a legal permit to build. On his 1st day in office President Biden revoked their permit and all of their investment was lost.
Now the oil companies are reluctant to begin any costly new mining ventures, because they are scared that President Biden might shut them down just like he did before.
Think you misinterpreted my remark, I was stating that you were presenting facts and why bother with facts when Captain Obvious made a statement that was the exact opposite of facts.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2022, 11:15 PM   #439
P.Rosa
Gambler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuffdaddy View Post
Think you misinterpreted my remark, I was stating that you were presenting facts and why bother with facts when Captain Obvious made a statement that was the exact opposite of facts.
Sorry, I used to be good at catching sarcasm, but I'm getting older and meaner so my bad attitude sometimes clouds my thinking.
Old 03-03-2022, 11:17 PM   #440
Cuffdaddy

Quote:
Sorry, I used to be good at catching sarcasm, but I'm getting older and meaner so my bad attitude sometimes clouds my thinking.
No worries, I am right there with you.
Cuffdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-03-2022, 11:40 PM   #441
Dave Schwartz

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
What's your take on what I posted earlier in this thread:

http://www.paceadvantage.com/forum/s...&postcount=369

This is something that makes a lot of sense to me. What say you?
I'm not qualified to make the assessment.
Also, I try to stand back and connect the dots by looking at the obvious.

If it was just about Ukraine, I'd probably be able to say, "Who cares?" (a paraphrase of what you said, but close enough.)

My concern is (as I said elsewhere) that Ukraine is Putin's Poland: the first step in his plan to dominate the world.
Maybe this qualifies me for RepRand status, but that is my thought process.
(In another thread I mention how big a part Worst Case Scenario plays in my thought processes.)
To add to the conspiracy notions, I am of the belief that there is some kind of global cabal driving things, but it is way above my knowledge access to know how it works or pretend to have any proof.
Since it is also above my level to effect change (beyond voting), I will invoke one of my Life Rules: "The wisdom to know the difference" (between what one can or can't change).

I neither rant about this stuff nor waste my time trying to listen to the nutcases with their outlandish ideas.

When I mentioned the "Bug Out" question to someone close to me he lectured me on some YouTube prophet he BELIEVED IN who said there wouldn't be a nuclear war.

Well, okay, then.
I guess I should stop making any kind of plan.
Dave
PS: You said, "The term NGO makes my skin crawl, btw"
Boy, am I right there with you!

Last edited by Dave Schwartz; 03-03-2022 at 11:43 PM.
Dave Schwartz is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2022, 12:23 AM   #442
PaceAdvantage
PA Steward

If you're concerned that Ukraine might be Putin's Poland, why are you giving any credence to the RepRan theory that Putin is a WHITE HAT ie. GOOD GUY in all of this?
Old 03-04-2022, 03:20 AM   #443
MargieRose

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaceAdvantage View Post
If you're concerned that Ukraine might be Putin's Poland, why are you giving any credence to the RepRan theory that Putin is a WHITE HAT ie. GOOD GUY in all of this?
I THINK you're reading RR wrong. He doesn't think that Putin is the "GOOD GUY" in all of this. His concern is the corruption, the deals, the MONEY from people supposedly on our side. How corrupt has the Ukraine administration, the current Biden administration, the past Obama administration and even further back been? Who has hurt and deceived us more, at this point? Russia? Has all of that corruption just disappeared? Methinks not! I think this is what RR was getting at.

It's like people misunderstanding (by some, on purpose) Trump's so-thought *sincere* praise of Putin, when actually his intention was to berate Biden's ineptness, in comparison. I think Tucker would agree.
MargieRose is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2022, 07:42 AM   #444
CaptainObvious

Quote:
Not true, they were forced to cut production in order to meet strict emission standards set by the Biden administration. If they ramp up production they would face massive fines.
They cut production because demand was way down during Covid/shutdowns, as did OPEC. Not familiar with the massive fines you’re talking about.

Look folks, it’s no secret that Biden/dems are no friend of big oil. But don’t pretend these companies aren’t going to maximize their profits and keep the price as high as possible.
CaptainObvious is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2022, 09:35 AM   #445
Tom
The Voice of Reason!

Putin is a lot of things, but a good guy, not on your life.
If you listen to what he has said, it is clear ALL of the former Soviet satellites are on his list. Lenensraum. Moldovia has now applied for EU membership as it is a strategically key location.

Whether he is capable of his dreams of restoring the USSR, he is not going to stop on his own.

We need to grow a set and level all available sanctions on Russia and Putin personally. Talk is cheap. Biden is a snake and a coward. And Putin and Xi know it.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:16 PM   #446
Karakorum Kabbage
Veteran

Karakorum Kabbage is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2022, 02:20 PM   #447
Marshall Bennett

Putin is no doubt evil, but one that's willing to negotiate. I keep hearing the Ukrainian president saying "we're fighting to the bitter end". The same is echoed by his people. I believe this is a dangerous attitude, especially when the odds are so against him.
The Japanese and Nazis took this position in WWII, and they were left in ruins. Though they were both evil enemies, Ukraine is basically in the same predicament with Russia.
Marshall Bennett is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2022, 02:52 PM   #448
Tape Reader

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplayRandall View Post
Zelensky was put in power by the Deep State....

When Trump made the phone call to Zelensky, panic ensued by all the political operatives in the US, figuring Trump was trying to turn/flip him to a white hat, thus ruining their money laundering, Biolab operations and other trafficking networks of the worst kind.

So the Scum decided to Impeach Trump to stop him.

Didn't work, so they STOLE the election to stop him once and for all.

The scum even decided to impeach him a SECOND time to block Trump's comeback plans....

However, the Deep State never counted on Putin to still be in the game.....Well, look what happened, Putin's timing says it all, as he waited at Xi's request(yes, they are Allies with Trump against the NWO/Deep State) to wait until after the Olympics had concluded to activate the purge in Ukraine, with or without Zelensky's cooperation.

Time will tell shortly if Zelensky did flip or not.....My guess is he did.

This concludes Part 1 of the purge and the Plan.

If you have a question, PM me.....I will not engage it pointless discussion on the board any longer.

My post is not open for discussion....it is how it is and what it is, whether you believe it or not is immaterial.

Sorry had to be this blunt, but enough is enough.
Very interesting. Thanks for posting.
Tape Reader is offline   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2022, 03:12 PM   #449
davew

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kabbage View Post
WOW, that should be worth a couple million in appearance fees and book sales from the dimwits.
davew is online now   Reply With Quote Reply
Old 03-04-2022, 03:15 PM   #450
OntheRail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karakorum Kabbage View Post
I'm sure Joe Bolton has had a stiffy these last several days.... and what has NATO done to stop Putin? Because of Art. 5 they have no recourse in countering Russian aggression. Putin is laughing as he bombs the hell out of the civilian population and threatens public executions to break the will of the people... hell they can't even close air over Ukraine at their begging request. NATO members also knows they have totally relied on US for might and backing. Trump was right to call them out and rattle their golden cages and demand they honor their part. And wise up on Russian energy dependents. A strong US kept NATO safe and the world thugs in check. Weak ass Joe that weakened the US on his first day lead to this... and the dumb phuck has China and Russia working out an Iranian nuke deal for him as we speak. Talk about a fool in sheepish clothing. Yep the John's are riding high with Joe. While Putin... Xi and every other tinpot dictator are grinning ear to ear

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: